Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Pierre Macguire is reporting on Vancouver radio that the Habs are very, very interested in Ryan Kelser. He says that the price will be AT LEAST Eller + Tinordi and, in fact, more than that. Interesting.

Pierre Macguire is reporting on Vancouver radio that the Habs are very, very interested in Ryan Kelser. He says that the price will be AT LEAST Eller + Tinordi and, in fact, more than that. Interesting.

I wouldn't be happy with that deal at all. As far as I can tell, Kesler is on the decline, and given that he's requested a trade, there's no way we should be losing a trade. I want Tinordi for the future!

To be fair, he has been known to greatly exaggerate asking prices or significantly overestimate a players' worth.

Further to dlbalr's point, Kesler is the type of player Macguire always has a hard-on for - big, edgy, net-driving C. To hear him fawning about Kesler's value, you'd swear the last three seasons never happened.

That said, you have to give to get. If you were Gillis, would you trade a core guy for Eller straight up? I didn't think so.

It needs to be said that the Vancouver Canucks were planning on drafting Tinordi but Montreal jumped in and traded their first and second for Phoenix's first and fourth.

In other words, we put a lot more in for Tinordi than just selecting him. We moved up for him. Moving him away would hurt a little more than some other guys.

Another example of me hoping McGuire is just a pinhead who'll say anything fed to him.

Rumour I just heard is that Martin Havlat is willing to drop his no movement to a team that is playoff bound and the Sharks really want to move him and wouldn't ask for much if it means getting his $6M hit in 14/15 off the books.

Havlat looks to be on the downswing of his career and costs $6M next season. But if you could swing Rene Bourque for him and get him for the playoffs, would he be worth the risk?

No Havlat has 10 points this year in 29 games, at least bourque played 48 games to get 12 points. Sideways move no point. Not for 6 mill.

Pierre Mcquire is a bonehead. No way are we giving up Tinordi. Not even sure I want to give up Eller. this looks like a baaaaaaaaaaad trade.

Well, focusing on the big picture - Maguire seemed absolutely certain that the Habs are interested in Kesler. That, therefore, is probably solid information. The other stuff was his own estimates of what Montreal "should" have to give up for Kesler and quite likely reflects nothing other than his personal opinion.

Don't have the mobile posting quite down yet... But, what I wanted to say was Pierre macguire was giving his personal opinion only on this topic on tsn690. Said Kesler is great and the Habs should go for him. Then went off on the kings ransom they'd have to lay

Don't have the mobile posting quite down yet... But, what I wanted to say was Pierre macguire was giving his personal opinion only on this topic on tsn690. Said Kesler is great and the Habs should go for him. Then went off on the kings ransom they'd have to lay

Rumour I just heard is that Martin Havlat is willing to drop his no movement to a team that is playoff bound and the Sharks really want to move him and wouldn't ask for much if it means getting his $6M hit in 14/15 off the books.

Havlat looks to be on the downswing of his career and costs $6M next season. But if you could swing Rene Bourque for him and get him for the playoffs, would he be worth the risk?

Martin Havlat? Enough of the shitty players!

There was a report that there were scouts from both teams at both games. But c'mon! We already traded for Bourque. Trade him for a pick-not another Bourque!

The Habs and Blackhawks have scouts at Edmonton's AHL game tonight (Oklahoma City). It's Chicago's farm team against the Oilers' one so them having a scout makes sense but Montreal's presence is more interesting.

The Habs and Blackhawks have scouts at Edmonton's AHL game tonight (Oklahoma City). It's Chicago's farm team against the Oilers' one so them having a scout makes sense but Montreal's presence is more interesting.

You must get some scout scouting report or something do you?

None of interest at Dogs game?

None of interest at Dogs game?

I don't think there's anything beyond the usual suspects. Colorado obviously would have someone there - they've had a guy there a fair bit and Hamilton's playing their farm team - I haven't heard the PBP crew mention anyone specific. Buffalo often has someone there but that may be due to proximity more than anything else.

A note from TFP regarding Andrei Markov:

The Habs have received one significant trade offer for Markov, a source with knowledge of the situation told TFP, though the team remains hopeful they can come to terms on an extension.

Here's the link (though there isn't much else of note in there): http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/mtl140228.html

Bourque to Avs is the recurring theme. Names involved are PA Parenteau or Ryan O Reilly. I am assuming MTL would need to give up possibly Markov or Gorges to get this deal complete; but figuratively speaking, it's a W for the Habs if it goes down.

Bourque to Avs is the recurring theme. Names involved are PA Parenteau or Ryan O Reilly. I am assuming MTL would need to give up possibly Markov or Gorges to get this deal complete; but figuratively speaking, it's a W for the Habs if it goes down.

There's a big difference between the two names you've mentioned here from Colorado. One is a young player entering his prime, the other is a struggling winger. For Parenteau, it shouldn't take much more than Bourque; for O'Reilly, it will take a lot more than Bourque and a d-man. Where did you see this particular rumour?

Kind of a joke. Anyone could say Montreal got a serious offer for Markov

Yeah, I'm not a big TFP fan in general but given the time of year, some might find that tidbit interesting. It wouldn't surprise me though if someone did make a big pitch.

Guest Stogey24

Yeah, I'm not a big TFP fan in general but given the time of year, some might find that tidbit interesting. It wouldn't surprise me though if someone did make a big pitch.

Do you think he's going to be moved?

O'Reilly will be a super-hot commodity coveted by every team in the NHL. You can forget about the Habs acquiring him for anything short of a massive return that would make the fanbase apoplectic. Parenteau, though, seems realistic; Roy doesn't like him, Zoot Suit obviously does. I'd like to see that happen, it could be a good fit, assuming the return is reasonable.