Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Winning a cup will always bring more money than not winning a cup. Tanking can sometimes lead you to a Chicago or Pittsburgh. Or it could lead you to an Edmonton Oilers. Or a New York Islanders. Or even a Washington Capitals, who have done nothing in the playoffs.

Or you could not tank at all and be competitive like Boston.

Winning a cup will always bring more money than not winning a cup. Tanking can sometimes lead you to a Chicago or Pittsburgh. Or it could lead you to an Edmonton Oilers. Or a New York Islanders. Or even a Washington Capitals, who have done nothing in the playoffs.

Or you could not tank at all and be competitive like Boston.

I never said anything about tanking. I said we keep on being a playoff team with not mush hope of a cup. Yes you will always get more money winning a cup but you can't guarantee a cup while you can always be competitive enough to make the playoffs. And if like the Canadiens you are sold out every night the motivation to take a risk is really low.

I never said anything about tanking. I said we keep on being a playoff team with not mush hope of a cup. Yes you will always get more money winning a cup but you can't guarantee a cup while you can always be competitive enough to make the playoffs. And if like the Canadiens you are sold out every night the motivation to take a risk is really low.

The problem with these risk claims is that nobody knows what Bergevin has been offering and nobody knows how close he has been to get a deal done. Or how much it costs. Or which teams are willing to trade with him.

Plus everyone wants him to take a risk that we win. We could acquire Evander Kane and he could suck for us and want to be traded. Is everyone gonna complain about what he gave up? You bet.

The problem with these risk claims is that nobody knows what Bergevin has been offering and nobody knows how close he has been to get a deal done. Or how much it costs. Or which teams are willing to trade with him.

Plus everyone wants him to take a risk that we win. We could acquire Evander Kane and he could suck for us and want to be traded. Is everyone gonna complain about what he gave up? You bet.

ok and your suggestion would be....................?

And you base this assumption on Molson's objectives on what information Habs Rule? I seriously think winning a cup is the objective bud, they will sell lot's of beer on a cup drive :hyper:

Machine: everything you say about risks is true. But the choice is to be risk-averse and a permanent non-contender, or to take a big risk or two and maybe FINALLY hit that next level. Pick your poison.

Machine: everything you say about risks is true. But the choice is to be risk-averse and a permanent non-contender, or to take a big risk or two and maybe FINALLY hit that next level. Pick your poison.

I tend to be of the opinion to not trade Subban, Price, Pacioretty, Galchenyuk, Gallagher or Plekanec. Be cautious if trading Tinordi, Beaulieu, Markov, Gionta, Moen or Prust. Shy from considering moving McCarron, de la Rose, Crisp, Fucale, Collberg, Lehkonen or Bozon since we don't know their full upside yet. Everyone else I'm pretty comfortable in packaging.

I think that leaves a lot of room, since there's only six "No's" on there. The rest I'm cautious or think it might be too early. I'm also not against trading our first or second round picks if the right player was being offered. And when it comes to the no answers, that doesn't mean I wouldn't listen.

The problem with "next level" is that I don't see any scenario where giving up Markov or Gionta is going to give us the piece to make it to the next level. But if it was offered? Again, not against it. I just haven't seen a single offer here or elsewhere for Markov or Gionta which says to me that we're gonna be better off. Especially since I value playoff experience for the youngsters more than others here and I think with a weak Eastern Conference we could win two rounds with health and a free agency forward pickup on our side.

And you base this assumption on Molson's objectives on what information Habs Rule? I seriously think winning a cup is the objective bud, they will sell lot's of beer on a cup drive :hyper:

I think he gave us a good indication of where his head is at when he forced MB ro sign Briere. Then passed himm the torch. And again a stanley cup cannot be guaranteed but a play off spot is pretty easy. The point being if it is going mean losing a playoff round today for some cup drive in the future, he will take the playoff round today. Most people in business would.

I tend to be of the opinion to not trade Subban, Price, Pacioretty, Galchenyuk, Gallagher or Plekanec. Be cautious if trading Tinordi, Beaulieu, Markov, Gionta, Moen or Prust. Shy from considering moving McCarron, de la Rose, Crisp, Fucale, Collberg, Lehkonen or Bozon since we don't know their full upside yet. Everyone else I'm pretty comfortable in packaging.

I agree with what you say except for Markov and Gionta, they are the only 2 pieces that can get us a really good return. Otherwise I agree completely.

I'm all for trading Gionta, but unless we KNOW we can't resign Markov to a decent deal, it would have to be a damn good deal for me to move him.

We have too many young dmen, with only Markov and gorges as experienced dmen. If I'm moving someone, it's gorges, who is a lot easily replaced.

I agree with what you say except for Markov and Gionta, they are the only 2 pieces that can get us a really good return. Otherwise I agree completely.

I completely agree.

Another reason for a bold move is that many of the organizations assets are of the same ilk. Hudon, Thomas, Reway, Collberg, Lehkonen & Andrighetto.

Hudon gets excluded for obvious reasons. o a few of these prospects could be added in a trade for an impact player and not have substantial consequences to organizational depth. Especially with Gallagher & Bournival graduating and Leblanc on the cusp.

I also think moving Markov would be the smartest move to make.. this makes me sad.. but its the reality of business and asset management.

(I do fear what Emelin's commitment to the Canadiens would be without Markov around. This is why I feel Voynov or even Kulikov as must have player for the Habs. Markov would REALLY help with ticket sales and merch in Florida or teeing up Doughty.)

Markov wouldn't do much or ticket sales or merch in Florida. The fan base down here (to a small extent, I'm part of) is tired of seeing these aging second tier players play out the string in the sun. As far as raising merch and ticket sales, only a true superstar like Pavel Bure would make that happen. And with the way he played, I don't think such an awesome spectacle exists today in the game.

I think that leaves a lot of room, since there's only six "No's" on there. The rest I'm cautious or think it might be too early. I'm also not against trading our first or second round picks if the right player was being offered. And when it comes to the no answers, that doesn't mean I wouldn't listen.

The problem with "next level" is that I don't see any scenario where giving up Markov or Gionta is going to give us the piece to make it to the next level. But if it was offered? Again, not against it. I just haven't seen a single offer here or elsewhere for Markov or Gionta which says to me that we're gonna be better off. Especially since I value playoff experience for the youngsters more than others here and I think with a weak Eastern Conference we could win two rounds with health and a free agency forward pickup on our side.

Markov + Eller + 1st pick.

How about that ?

Markov wouldn't do much or ticket sales or merch in Florida. The fan base down here (to a small extent, I'm part of) is tired of seeing these aging second tier players play out the string in the sun. As far as raising merch and ticket sales, only a true superstar like Pavel Bure would make that happen. And with the way he played, I don't think such an awesome spectacle exists today in the game.

Florida isn't in playoffs and Markov is a ufa. If you are looking for a destination for Markov, you need to consider teams that would want him.

Florida isn't in playoffs and Markov is a ufa. If you are looking for a destination for Markov, you need to consider teams that would want him.

L.A. is possible destination for Markov, Rangers-Detroit-Ducks also seem maybes.

Eller would be appreciated on many teams and why Bergevin said he got lots of call about him last deadline.

A big young RFA centre who can hit, skate, good on faceoffs, PK and pretty defensively responsible; would be on many shopping lists.

I'll raise you-

Markov+Galchenyuk+Subban+Price

Boston gets Subban and Galchenyuk

Pittsburgh gets Price and Markov

MTL gets Malkin, Lucic, McQuaid and Fleury

Doesn't make sense for the Pens and the Habs. And Chiarelli would be nominated GM of the Century for this trade.

That's a horrible trade for us

I'll raise you-

Markov+Galchenyuk+Subban+Price

Boston gets Subban and Galchenyuk

Pittsburgh gets Price and Markov

MTL gets Malkin, Lucic, McQuaid and Fleury

Tinordi healthy & not dressed today for Hamilton.

Has been re-called by Habs, will they pair him with the Swedish Frankenstein? Can only really see him paired with Boullion.

Tinordi healthy & not dressed today for Hamilton.

Has been re-called by Habs, will they pair him with the Swedish Frankenstein? Can only really see him paired with Boullion.

Is there a trade in the offing?

Anyone expecting a busy deadline from Zoot Suit? Not me. But the Parenteau thing has been bubbling around for long enough that I wouldn't be surprised at all if it happens...so maybe one significant move and the usual minor tweaks.

If there's any truth to Eklund's Parenteau rumor, it'll be done when the roster freeze lifts tonight at 11:59pm est. Supposedly whether it's for Briere + pick or a defenceman, the deal is in place waiting for nothing more than the roster freeze to lift.

That being said, I doubt it's as ironclad as Eklund is reporting.