Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

2 minutes ago, illWill said:

Sergachev is left handed and Radulov is a credible top 6 player that shoots left

My mistake, mixed Sergachev up. He's a left handed D who prefers RD, not a right handed D who prefers LD.

Radulov is fair too, but he's not re-signed. He's a rental until he's signed.

2 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Ask yourself how much it would cost to trade Max Pacioretty to another team and you got an idea.

Obviously not a rumor.. but would you trade Pacs for Benn?

Just now, TheDriveFor25 said:

Obviously not a rumor.. but would you trade Pacs for Benn?

Probably not, unless Pacioretty wanted to leave town. Benn's extension next year kicks in to pay him $9.5M per season. I don't think Pacioretty is going to argue for that much or more when he gets his extension. 

1 hour ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

My mistake, mixed Sergachev up. He's a left handed D who prefers RD, not a right handed D who prefers LD.

Radulov is fair too, but he's not re-signed. He's a rental until he's signed.

Serg is on the left this season

I personally don't have much interest in Hansen in a Habs jersey, but it sounds like Hansen doesn't either. 

Edit: Just found out some Vancouver fans have nicknamed him Honey Badger, and now I must have him on this team.

• Upvote 1

Josh Bailey could be interesting. Only one year left, having the best year of his career. 

Tomas Vanek is a guy I mentioned already and expects to get moved.

Tampa might want a pretty penny for him but Palat would fit Montreal perfectly as their #2LW behind Pacioretty. He's a guy you give a 2017 first rounder plus for. 

Vanek is an intriguing option. I doubt MB will do it, and I know he's never been clutch, but as a #4 on the FW depth chart I could still see him being useful. It all depends on the return, of course.

5 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Vanek had 10 points in 17 games in the 2014 playoffs for us.  Yes he fell apart in the Rangers series, but his play through two rounds wasn't that bad. 

A lot of it is expectations. We all wanted him to be that stud top-line scoring winger, the difference maker. So we were disappointed. This time around, we actually have three legitimate top-line players, so Vanek can settle in as an important secondary piece and maybe live up to those more modest expectations.

5 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

He was also terribly handled by Therrien.

thats an understatement. he played excellent down the stretch... took a big hit in the bruin series and then MT buried him in the lineup afterward.. i wouldnt mind tossing a 3rd rounder for him...

oduya

vanek

kane (yes the wrong kane but...)

streit

are my options 

According to this guy, Vanek should be expected to bag a 1st-round pick, or a lower pick plus decent prospect. http://www.wingingitinmotown.com/2017/2/27/14747952/the-price-is-right-nhl-red-wings-trade-rumors-value-for-thomas-vanek-soaring

Worth considering, but assuming a limited willingness to deplete the system, I'd prefer we invest in a puck-moving defenceman. If there is a decent one left.

5 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

According to this guy, Vanek should be expected to bag a 1st-round pick, or a lower pick plus decent prospect. http://www.wingingitinmotown.com/2017/2/27/14747952/the-price-is-right-nhl-red-wings-trade-rumors-value-for-thomas-vanek-soaring

Worth considering, but assuming a limited willingness to deplete the system, I'd prefer we invest in a puck-moving defenceman. If there is a decent one left.

There will be D available because right now they are grossly over valued. Brendan Smith and Ron Hainsey are just the beginning.

Bergevin is honestly pretty good with the deadline. Ryder was supposed to go for a first round pick in 2013 and Bergevin got him with a pick for Erik Cole. Vanek and Petry were deadline deals got for lower than expected. 

I could see Bergevin coming out tomorrow with a guy nobody expected him to get for some cheap picks. Maybe Mike Green or something.

• 1 month later...
Guest Stogey24

Radulov said in an interview Beregvin should pursue Kovalchuk.

I know that new jersey has to sign and trade him, but that could be a nice piece for the top 6. 

We need to spend any available money at Centre IMO. 

Pacioretty Radulov

Lehkonen Gallagher

Byron Shaw

Hudon

Wing isn't perfect, but its much better than C. Yes, Kovalchuk would be a second line upgrade, but C should be the priority. 

13 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Pacioretty Radulov

Lehkonen Gallagher

Byron Shaw

Hudon

Wing isn't perfect, but its much better than C. Yes, Kovalchuk would be a second line upgrade, but C should be the priority. 

I got it. 
Play Kovalchuk at C.
:D

2 hours ago, Commandant said:

It pretty much goes:

1. Joe Thornton with a torn ALC

2. Shipachyov

3. Pick an RFA: Johansen, Draisaitl, Granlund, Kunznetsov, Johnson, Zibanejad

4. Martin Hanzal

5. Nick Bonino 

Unless you make a trade.