Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

11 minutes ago, DON said:

Would it be so bad if Filpula was the Hab plucked up by Vegas?

He has a no-move clause which would make him a mandatory-protectee (unless he waived it for expansion purposes only).  That's part of Tampa's motivation to look at moving him. 

(Filppula's NMC would go with him to Montreal in this scenario - it's a separate situation from the Subban trade who lost his when the deal happened.)

1 hour ago, DON said:

Would it be so bad if Filpula was the Hab plucked up by Vegas?

He CAN'T be plucked by vegas. thats the point.

Plekanec can be left unexposed in the draft. If Tampa wants him, its so they can protect Killorn (which they can't right now).

Filpulla MUST be protected due to his NMC.  Whatever team he is on, he counts as one of their protected forwards. 

This is why Tampa might be willing to trade us a better and cheaper player right now for Plekanec. 

In an interview on CBC just now, Bergevin was asked about who the untouchable prospects are.  His response: "The obvious one".  Some were suggesting from his presser earlier in the week that there could be as many as five untouchable prospects although the exact quote from him was less than five.

Also, on the scouting front, the Habs have a scout in Detroit today as well as one watching Toronto and Ottawa's AHL teams.

8 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Plekanec can be left unexposed in the draft. If Tampa wants him, its so they can protect Killorn (which they can't right now).

Filpulla MUST be protected due to his NMC.  Whatever team he is on, he counts as one of their protected forwards. 

This is why Tampa might be willing to trade us a better and cheaper player right now for Plekanec. 

No actually I was completely gobsmacked that they fired him. I do think CJ ( have to find nick name for him) is  a step up. But really what about poor wee davey? His career probably just crashed and burned. And poor MB  he has to show cj how the fox hole works.

Just now, habs rule said:

No actually I was completely gobsmacked that they fired him. I do think CJ ( have to find nick name for him) is  a step up. But really what about poor wee davey? His career probably just crashed and burned. And poor MB  he has to show cj how the fox hole works.

I don't understand this as a response to my post about a rumor of Filpulla for Plekanec. 

9 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I believe I read that Filpula has partial no trade clause, He has 16 or 18 teams he cannot be traded to. So does that make any difference to the expansion draft?

On 2/16/2017 at 3:23 PM, DON said:

Sure, just trying to set him straight is all. Sorry, you didn't bug me...but now that Uncle Mike is on sabbatical, what will you find to be pissed off at...you must almost be in heaven this week?:tumbleweed:

7 minutes ago, Commandant said:

There really is only one untouchable "prospect"

There are probably a few untouchables on the team... Price, Max, Radulov, Weber, hopefully Chuck.

McKenzie mentioned yesterday he thought Galchenyuk is not an 'untouchable'.

3 minutes ago, habs rule said:

Simply isn't a good spot for Desharnais anymore, so not sure what happens to him for next few months? Would anyone want him at trade deadline? 

Just now, DON said:

Simply isn't a good spot for Desharnais anymore, so not sure what happens to him for next few months? Would anyone want him at trade deadline? 

I am not too sure anyone needs a short hot dog eater. He had a good run, maybe someone will take him to expose him in the draft, hell maybe we will. (i think we will)

1 minute ago, habs rule said:

I am not too sure anyone needs a short hot dog eater. He had a good run, maybe someone will take him to expose him in the draft, hell maybe we will. (i think we will)

HIs contract is up this year anyways.

1 hour ago, habs rule said:

I believe I read that Filpula has partial no trade clause, He has 16 or 18 teams he cannot be traded to. So does that make any difference to the expansion draft?

He has a partial NTC and Full NMC, like Marc Andre Fleury.

He must be protected in the expansion draft (unless he waives his NMC) 

Filosa, by the way, is the one who started the Plekanec to Tampa Bay stuff.  Worth noting is that Bourque has to sign by the beginning of June or the Habs lose his rights.  (Personally, I'm hoping they're just waiting for March when future contracts can be signed to announce his ELC).

21 hours ago, DON said:

McKenzie mentioned yesterday he thought Galchenyuk is not an 'untouchable'.

Also, if the right deal came in for Radulov wouldn't you have to consider a move, if he is going to be hard to resign or so expensive you lose somebody else to the cap?

10 minutes ago, BlueKross said:

Also, if the right deal came in for Radulov wouldn't you have to consider a move, if he is going to be hard to resign or so expensive you lose somebody else to the cap?

Not trade Radulov, I think could look at him almost like that rental you would be hoping to pick up in a week or two and hope he at least can help them go deep in playoffs.

2 hours ago, BlueKross said:

I think that is something that Bergevin has given some thought to, might depend on what team looks like, or is playing like, by the deadline I suppose.

However, if I were a betting man, Rad stays put and is re-signed.

Guest Stogey24
4 hours ago, BlueKross said:

Are you serious man? Radulov has been the engine driving this team. I'll go as far as saying Montreal wouldn't even make the playoffs without him

So expensive you lose someone else to the cap? What does that even mean. Radulov is the best player on this team. 

They are still in first place.  They aren't trading pieces away to build for the future. 

Julien even said he had multiple offers and the reason he took Montreal was that he felt they were a contender, and Bergevin told them that the organization is committed to winning now. 

The idea that of trading Radulov is unlikely to even be entertained by Bergevin right now. 

3 hours ago, Stogey24 said:

Are you serious man? Radulov has been the engine driving this team. I'll go as far as saying Montreal wouldn't even make the playoffs without him

So expensive you lose someone else to the cap? What does that even mean. Radulov is the best player on this team

You got some young players that are going to need raises soon, Price/Galchenuk. How much are you going to have left if Radulov wants eight or nine for three years? I agree he may be our best player this year.

Desharnais + Parenteau's buyout comes off the cap this summer.

Markov's contract is also up (though he needs to be re-signed or replaced).

Next year Plekanec comes off the cap.

Radulov is already making just under 6 million a year.

Signing him long term is not going to cost you Galchenyuk or Price.  Its just not. 

• Upvote 1