Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

On 8/16/2006 at 7:26 PM, Colin said:

Yes. God forbid we talk about anything individually! We must lump all that is annoying to certain people - namely rumours - into one spot so those people don't have to read a few things, they can just avoid the one area!

:king:

Anyone else feel like I'm being a broken record? *giggles* And apologies to those who are implementing said ideas - nothing personal, I just don't get the need to compartmentalize like that.

Taking a cue from Joe and reading some old posts. Considering my general disdain for this thread, I've always found it kind of funny that my name is forever attached to it whenever it shows up in the recent posts.

Hard to take much out of press conferences but Beregevin said that there are elite teams like Washington Pittsburgh then everyone else is really tight.

To most this would seem pretty obvious but it is telling that he does not see us as top contenders currently. Perhaps this lends itself to a trade.

Personally I think we'd need two pieces who combined wouldn't be justified getting now but i'm interested to see what we do.

What gets me is he says he won't trade top prospects , but when you make a trade like the PK trade. You are saying your all in and trying to win a cup now. If that's the case then to get a top guy that will put you over the top now you trade that top prospect to get him.  If your not then the PK trade is pointless .

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, John B said:

I'm thinking Habs need at least 3 pieces.  2nd line LW, 2nd line C, and LHD to play with Weber.  If they can't get the LHD, they need an upgrade for the 3rd pair D.

I don't think you need to fill all 3. 

To me its 2nd line C... or 1st pair LHD.   Not even both. 

The reality is that in the cap era, you can't fill every hole.  Every team has flaws.  

The Blackhawks won 3 cups with Dave Bolland, Mikhail Handzus, and a washed up Brad Richards as their #2 C

The Penguins won a cup with Brian Dumoulin and Trevor Daley as their #2 and 3 D men.

The Kings won a cup with a lack of top 6 wingers. 
The Bruins won a cup with a good top 2 defencemen, and spare parts 3-6, and a non-functioning powerplay. 

You fill what you can.  You coach to maximize strengths and limit deficiencies, and you hope that your best players stay healthy and get hot at the right time. 

Thats all you can do in a cap era.  There is no team in the NHL that has a perfect roster. 

2 hours ago, Habsfan1989 said:

What gets me is he says he won't trade top prospects , but when you make a trade like the PK trade. You are saying your all in and trying to win a cup now. If that's the case then to get a top guy that will put you over the top now you trade that top prospect to get him.  If your not then the PK trade is pointless .

No..you are making assumptions and just getting rid of a prima-donna was reason enough.

Does not mean you need to mortgage future for a quick fix.

1 hour ago, DON said:

No..you are making assumptions and just getting rid of a prima-donna was reason enough.

I am not saying a quick fix , if you can go out and get players that can help you win now and not 4 or 5 years from now you do it. MD is 26 years old, if you can get him and have MD and AG as your centers for the next 10 years you make the trade. You do not over pay for ufa's. 

1 hour ago, Habsfan1989 said:

I am not saying a quick fix , if you can go out and get players that can help you win now and not 4 or 5 years from now you do it. MD is 26 years old, if you can get him and have MD and AG as your centers for the next 10 years you make the trade. You do not over pay for ufa's. 

And if Duchene signs with Leafs in 2019 how would overpaying for him look then?

4 hours ago, DON said:

I agree, totally.

I'm happy to have Weber, and don't miss whats'isface at all.

19 hours ago, DON said:

Don you are the only one who keeps bringing up the trade where we sent a young superstar, for an aging superstar. As The Eagles would say, Get over it, Get over it. We all have.

1 hour ago, habs rule said:

Don you are the only one who keeps bringing up the trade where we sent a young superstar, for an aging superstar. As The Eagles would say, Get over it, Get over it. We all have.

Did you read what I was responding to? I do not bring up the trade, but will respond to those that do and chime in with my 2 cents. And 'all' haven't put it to bed quite yet.

No need to apologize, I know you just wanted to get the music reference in there.:popcorn:

..but when you make a trade like the PK trade. You are saying your all in and trying to win a cup now. If that's the case then to get a top guy that will put you over the top now you trade that top prospect to get him.  If your not then the PK trade is pointless .

2 hours ago, DON said:

Did you read what I was responding to? I do not bring up the trade, but will respond to those that do and chime in with my 2 cents. And 'all' haven't put it to bed quite yet.

No need to apologize, I know you just wanted to get the music reference in there.:popcorn:

..but when you make a trade like the PK trade. You are saying your all in and trying to win a cup now. If that's the case then to get a top guy that will put you over the top now you trade that top prospect to get him.  If your not then the PK trade is pointless .

That looks to me to be a general statement on a trade using the one we will not mention as an example. But if nothing else I got to bug you a little bit. get over it, get over it, I just love that song.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, habs rule said:

That looks to me to be a general statement on a trade using the one we will not mention as an example. But if nothing else I got to bug you a little bit. get over it, get over it, I just love that song.

Sure, just trying to set him straight is all. Sorry, you didn't bug me...but now that Uncle Mike is on sabbatical, what will you find to be pissed off at...you must almost be in heaven this week?:tumbleweed:

I know he is nobody's first choice.  But with the way he is playing now maybe Evander Kane would be a good addition for the playoffs.  

If MB could swing a deal for both Kane and kulikov it would probably not cost us anything too significant. 

My my only question is.  

Is Kulikov good enough to play with Weber?

Guest Stogey24

"Approximately every single scout was in attendance for last night’s Sabres-Avalanche game, including Larry Carriere and Rick Dudley from the Habs" 

34 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

"Approximately every single scout was in attendance for last night’s Sabres-Avalanche game, including Larry Carriere and Rick Dudley from the Habs" 

The vultures are circling those two well built teams!

1 hour ago, Stogey24 said:

Rick Dudley lives in Buffalo and is regularly one of the scouts in attendance at the Sabres games. 

2 hours ago, Commandant said:

Some rumors of Plekanec to Tampa for Filpulla. 

Is it weird that I'd rather risk losing Plekanec in the expansion draft for nothing instead of trading him now for an underwhelming return?

Filpulla is better than Plekanec right now IMO. 

Its an upgrade

The only issue is that Filpulla must be expansion protected where Pleks doesn't 

The contract length is the same (both expire after next year), and Filpulla is a bit cheaper (5m vs 6)

17 hours ago, Commandant said:

Filpulla is better than Plekanec right now IMO. 

Its an upgrade

The only issue is that Filpulla must be expansion protected where Pleks doesn't 

The contract length is the same (both expire after next year), and Filpulla is a bit cheaper (5m vs 6)

Would it be so bad if Filpula was the Hab plucked up by Vegas?