GDT: Devils @ habs

bar

It's very tough for a goalie to win a game when the offense produces nothing. This was a strange goal, but the shot was tough to block. It happened very fast and the mistake was made by the defenseman, behind the net. Goals like this one happen once in a while, the best goalies are fooled and there's not much you can do. Let's face it: Brodeur had an easy game. He received more shots, but most of them were easy. Price had to block fewer shots, but it could have been 4 or 5-0 notheless if he really had been soft. That was just one of those games were the opponent gets all the bounces. They played a perfect game, that's all.

I am not concerned with the goal, but he didn't attack it, he played it meekly. It is a simple execution

that he has likely made 10,000 times since he put on the pads. He could have done a paddle down wrap,

a tight butterfly or used the VH, he could have even just jammed his shoulder and arm into the post.

He read the play and was in position to attack it and chose not to.

It was definitely a game where the shot total didn't match the quality chances. Brodeur didn't face anything

within 20 feet and had zero screens or rebounds to contend with. It also doesn't help when the referee is

whistling a 5'6" forward for roughing up a 6'2" 210 lb man twice. Both calls were absurd.

Price has been making highlight reel saves because he is reading the play very well. That is a function of

hard work and experience. The statistical numbers may not be flattering to him so far, but over time they

will, especially if he only faces 25 shots a night.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the impression that he lost awareness of where the puck was until the last second. It was a strange series of bounces around behind the net.

Didn't really matter given how we made Brodeur look good. That shutout reminded me of the ones we gave Leighton last year. (Marty did make that one spectacular save on the open net, but most shots were routine outside shots or along the ice).

This team still doesn't have players that are willing to go right up the middle, except maybe PK.. lol.

I don't know what Price was thinking on that first goal. It was very nonchalant the way he covered

the post on that. He was in position to make the save, but didn't cover the upper half of the net.

He could have done a paddle wrap or a tight butterfly with his body stacked against the post.

Instead he jammed his skate to the bottom of the post like Parise couldn't raise it.

Very bizarre opening goal. He came back to make some spectacular saves, but I would love to know

why he was so soft on the opener.

I don't think PRice should be blamed for this loss. Sure, he may have looked a little soft on the 1st goal, but it was a weird goal. He sin't the only goalie who would've been fooled on that one. He did make some really nice saves during the game to keep his team in it..but his team didn't really show up.

True, the habs did have more shots, but few of them were really dangereous. Like many of you said previously, it's hard to win a game when you don't score a single goal!!!

I hate the Devils, I mean I really hate them. Almost as much as the Bruins, the Leafs and the Flyers!

I don't think PRice should be blamed for this loss. Sure, he may have looked a little soft on the 1st goal, but it was a weird goal. He sin't the only goalie who would've been fooled on that one. He did make some really nice saves during the game to keep his team in it..but his team didn't really show up.

True, the habs did have more shots, but few of them were really dangereous. Like many of you said previously, it's hard to win a game when you don't score a single goal!!!

I hate the Devils, I mean I really hate them. Almost as much as the Bruins, the Leafs and the Flyers!

I don't think he is being blamed, the fans in attendance voted him the 3rd star meaning they saw that

he played a strong game. Pretty hard for them not to see the unlucky bounces on the goals with the

900 foot HD screen over center ice.

It is interesting, at EOTP they did a Q&A with the Devils site and he mentioned their low shooting percentage

and how the tide will eventually turn. Last night they had three fortunate goals that were huge contributors to their win.

I don't think he is being blamed, the fans in attendance voted him the 3rd star meaning they saw that

he played a strong game. Pretty hard for them not to see the unlucky bounces on the goals with the

900 foot HD screen over center ice.

It is interesting, at EOTP they did a Q&A with the Devils site and he mentioned their low shooting percentage

and how the tide will eventually turn. Last night they had three fortunate goals that were huge contributors to their win.

Absolutely. Those were three really weird goals. He saw the last two, and played them correctly. NJ just has our number. No matter how badly they are playing.

I might be blind but when ever I see Eller he's always moving, and I don't see anything wrong with his effort, his continued benching is a myster to me.

Hey Bar if your blind then that makes two of us. I always liked Jacque Martin but now I'm staring to question that. :unsure:

Edited by nikohab

How can anyone bash Carey Price. This is a man who went against all odds and chose to stay here regardless of the pressure with the fans and the french media. In my book that is called courage unlike other players who cowardly refused to come to montreal. This week I will purchase his jersey with his #31 and wear it proudly. :rolleyes: