GDT: November 11th, 2010 - Habs @Bruins

bar

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looked like it was directed in by a turned skate...which more times than not is interpreted as a kicking motion. Here's hoping this issue somehow finds its way into the new CBA.

The term kicking motion is a terrible description to use.

I have never seen anybody kick anything by just altering the angle of their foot.

Directing yes, kicking no.

forward momentum.. ie he moved his foot forward and directed it.. sucks.. but that is the rule.

The term kicking motion is a terrible description to use.

I have never seen anybody kick anything by just altering the angle of their foot.

Directing yes, kicking no.

Gomez scoring. Two powerplay goals. Oh crap, hell is freezing over about now...

I REALLY enjoy beating Boston, and I really like this team. I can't believe how well Subban is playing and I can say that for Price as well.

I'm not worried at all about Gomez and Gionta or our PP.

Well big win for the Habs tonight. Played a pretty good game and beat a division foe.

I watched teh entire game tonight, but somehow managed to miss every single Habs goal. I was always out of the room doing something at the time.

I REALLY enjoy beating Boston, and I really like this team. I can't believe how well Subban is playing and I can say that for Price as well.

I'm not worried at all about Gomez and Gionta or our PP.

Wise man. Gio and Gomer are proven NHL performers, they are not going to put up seasons of 20 points each. Tonight is a significant evening because it could mark the beginning of their turning the corner on these slumps. And Markov still isn't where he'll be eventually. IF the depth players, especially the Pouliot line, continue to do damage and play well, we could be looking at a pretty damned good team. Time will tell.

Wise man. Gio and Gomer are proven NHL performers, they are not going to put up seasons of 20 points each. Tonight is a significant evening because it could mark the beginning of their turning the corner on these slumps. And Markov still isn't where he'll be eventually. IF the depth players, especially the Pouliot line, continue to do damage and play well, we could be looking at a pretty damned good team. Time will tell.

Hi CC

It sure looks that way from here. If we can remain healthy, good lord willin'n the crik don't rise, we're a handful for anybody. How proud are we of Plecs play in the first year of a big contract. My greatest concern was of course Price, but I wasn't too worried. I knew that the decision makers were looking at him with seasoned eyes and could tell pretty well how he was going to play. What cojones to trade our playoff saviour saver.

15 minutes and done...tonight's HW 3 Stars: http://www.habsworld.net/article.php?id=2262

Also, tonight's game stats: http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreports/20102011/ES020217.HTM

Nice and interesting summary. Thanks!

15 minutes and done...tonight's HW 3 Stars: http://www.habsworld.net/article.php?id=2262

Also, tonight's game stats: http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreports/20102011/ES020217.HTM

dlbalr, you are the heart and soul of this place. I hope you hear appreciative feedback from time to time - you're a key part of what makes this the best habs-related board around.

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

Just wanted to share something with all y'all. Carolina, Montreal's next opponent, got walloped 8-1 tonight by the Flyers. Two nights ago, they destroyed Edmonton 7-1. Perplexing, isn't it? Who will we see on Saturday?

HUGE win by our Habs against a division rival! This was crucial to keep the Bruins at bay(they still have 3 games on us).

I saw all the replays to the disallowed goal, and you could clearly see that Halpern "pushed" his skate towards the net....so I guess we could call that some kind of "kicking motion". I thought the call was good.

Nice to see Gio and Gomer score. Cams got two assists and most importantly, Carey is kicking ass!!! The kid is solid. You can tell his concentration level is at an all time high. Nice to see Eller get more than 4 minutes tonight. Yes the kid makes some mistakes, but at least JM gave him a decent 8:30 minutes tonight.

dlbalr, you are the heart and soul of this place. I hope you hear appreciative feedback from time to time - you're a key part of what makes this the best habs-related board around.

Amen. Merci beaucoup. :clap::clap::clap:

Just wanted to share something with all y'all. Carolina, Montreal's next opponent, got walloped 8-1 tonight by the Flyers. Two nights ago, they destroyed Edmonton 7-1. Perplexing, isn't it? Who will we see on Saturday?

Bipolar? :rolleyes:

HUGE win by our Habs against a division rival! This was crucial to keep the Bruins at bay(they still have 3 games on us).

I saw all the replays to the disallowed goal, and you could clearly see that Halpern "pushed" his skate towards the net....so I guess we could call that some kind of "kicking motion". I thought the call was good.

Nice to see Gio and Gomer score. Cams got two assists and most importantly, Carey is kicking ass!!! The kid is solid. You can tell his concentration level is at an all time high. Nice to see Eller get more than 4 minutes tonight. Yes the kid makes some mistakes, but at least JM gave him a decent 8:30 minutes tonight.

I had no problem with the call, I am just confused about the point of the term "kicking motion".

It doesn't clarify anything, so why use it. That was not a kicking motion, he directed it. Now that would be ok on it's own, but

I see a different clarification on it with each goal. That being the case, what is the point?

Ya, HF..the Eller thing.. and just look at AK! Him da man! I can't bring myself to the skeptical level of seeing it as just a standout effort for the last year of his contract. He seems to be having some fun out there, and I suspect his playmates are helping in this regard.

Thank you Mr. Gainey!

I just generally like everything about our team this year. What's not to like. :clap:

I had no problem with the call, I am just confused about the point of the term "kicking motion".

It doesn't clarify anything, so why use it. That was not a kicking motion, he directed it. Now that would be ok on it's own, but

I see a different clarification on it with each goal. That being the case, what is the point?

I think the point of the rule is to keep us distinct from socker while allowing ricochets and deflected shots to count. I'm happier without sharp skates and high kicks.

Like many things its a judgment call and imperfect, and each ref will get a kick at the can(adien).

Amen. Merci beaucoup. :clap::clap::clap:

Thanks for the kind sentiments, guys.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

I second this.

You're the best, Brian.

Brian is an underrated part of the Habs' online community in general. I don't know if anyone has the pulse on the full perspective of the current team quite like Brian and HabsWorld in general does. Great work, guys. :clap: