GDT: Montreal vs Philadelphia, Nov. 22

dlbalr

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great shift by the Gomez line, but Philly is playing balls out tonight.

..and the D aren't pinching either.

Time for a demotion for Gomez he isn't working out there.

Ooops! I thought the line was flying

well, they got what they deserved. brutal game plan from what I saw. If that wasn't the gameplan, then the coaching staff sure didn't do anything to shake them up. I would have called a timeout in the 2nd and told them to wake the hell up.

we're terrible when we pull the goalie. other teams seem to throw everything at us, when they pull there's. we can't even generate any sustained pressure. Scott Gomez is asleep. He's supposed to show up when games matter the most.

The Flyers are a damned strong team. This game may have been an indicator that, as good as we've been, we're not quite good enough - at least not without Markov.

I'm sure Gauthier was taking careful notes.

The decision to play Weber is an excellent one. Our powerplay is struggling and we need what the young man can bring to this team. I agree that Darche should have played though. The player who should be replaced, IMO, is Pyatt. I understand that he is a great defensive player, but he has to contribute offensively, from time to time. Again, tonight, he wasn't able to assist Eller on the wing. Next game, we will see Eller, Darche and Weber.

If you want weber in sit pyatt.

I must admit, I don't get the hate for Pyatt, at least lately. He's been his usual solid defensive self for the most part, and has been more aggressive offensively. Of all the times to sit him, this isn't it.

Tonight's stat sheet: http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreports/20102011/ES020301.HTM

HW 3 Stars (don't worry, Pyatt isn't one of them :)): http://www.habsworld.net/article.php?id=2277

The Flyers are a damned strong team. This game may have been an indicator that, as good as we've been, we're not quite good enough - at least not without Markov.

I'm sure Gauthier was taking careful notes.

Don't worry. We are very close, it's just a question of confidence. Offensively, we can do a lot better, but we don't know it yet. It takes time to make a team. We are getting very close to something very interesting. Martin is doing a good job. To lose a close game in Philadelphia is nothing to be shamed about. We just had to execute a little better. It will come.

I must admit, I don't get the hate for Pyatt, at least lately. He's been his usual solid defensive self for the most part, and has been more aggressive offensively. Of all the times to sit him, this isn't it.

Tonight's stat sheet: http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreports/20102011/ES020301.HTM

HW 3 Stars (don't worry, Pyatt isn't one of them :)): http://www.habsworld.net/article.php?id=2277

The RDS crew have been playing up the theme of Pyatt's offensive incompetence (while also praising his defensive game). This might be what is influencing people to start singling him out. You're right, it's a bit silly.

If people are looking for scapegoats, looks no further than Gomez. With Marky out, we can't carry passengers in key roster spots, and if I seem him launch one more rush that ends in him turning over the puck, I think I'll scream. And I'm a Gomez FAN.

In any case, the PP may well struggle all season without Markov; get used to it.

Don't worry. We are very close, it's just a question of confidence. Offensively, we can do a lot better, but we don't know it yet. It takes time to make a team. We are getting very close to something very interesting. Martin is doing a good job. To lose a close game in Philadelphia is nothing to be shamed about. We just had to execute a little better. It will come.

Oh yeah, just read my reply in the 'good decisions equal great results' thread to see what I think of this year's squad. We're not far away, but it may take a shrewd move or two, or some other additional tweak, to put us over that hump. And I really think that a game like this is when we most miss Markov. No easy fix for that.

Well, I called it. Our boys did fv.ck all for the last 40 minutes and Carey was left to himself!

I was disgusted by this loss...in fact, i'm still steaming about it! It's unacceptable to take a 2 goal lead and just sit on it after 20 minutes.

Can someone explain to me why the f... is Scott Gomez getting close to 4 minutes on the PP tonight? I understand that Plecky can't play all 2 minutes, but I don't see how Halpern could be worse than Gomez? Gomez has been lucky up til now, the habs have had a pretty good start to the season...he better wake the fv.ck up soon or else i'd take away his PP time and reduce his minutes.

It's not like we can trade him...nobody will take his monstrous salary!

Edited by Habsfan

I don't dislike Pyatt I just think that messing up PHD line when they are low scoring already is sillier than sitting Pyatt.

Edited by bar