GDT: Buffalo vs Montreal

dlbalr

I didn't like the mouthing before, during, and especially after the fight (at Bogo/Kane). Dropping the gloves to stick up for yourself is one thing, yapping to instigate one...not so much. As for tonight, you knew it was coming; yes, Myers had no need to do it but as I noted, the book on Subban is simple, go after him and he'll retaliate. Pick and choose your battles, stooping to Buffalo's level (as they've done more than once this year against the Habs) to try and start a fight (yes, Myers started it but Subban didn't have to go right back after him) after the game is largely unnecessary and will only provide more ammunition for more opponents to do the same. Just laugh and skate away, move on. It's certainly not entirely his fault tonight, but he's not absolved of the blame either.

Hmm... Cammalleri is the one who stepped in, and Myers just stood behind a linesman. Once his teammates are getting involved, I don't see how Subban should just walk away... Especially when there's a 10" difference in height between the two yapping at each other.

Anyways, the Habs trully kicked some butt tonight. They got the lead and sat on it a bit, but it was never really in danger. Buffalo did get a lot of shots on a couple of those PP's, but I thought the refs started passing on calling Buffalo for infractions after that 5 on 3 goal... nothing egeregious, just conveniently not calling some things.

I don't see the big deal about PK's yapping.........at least he's not going around cheap-shoting players or blindsiding them.

Yet Cherry's keeps going on about it..............and he's constantly yapping about everything

This was the third game I was able to watch this year. Price was 1 minute away from having SO's in all of them.

Have to say I like what I see from Pouliot.

The problem with Pouliot is that he doesn't know how good he can become. At least, slowly but surely, I see him getting comfortable at the NHL level. He holds on to the puck a little longer, takes the time to look around him and make a pass (very often a good and creative one).

I may be mistaken about him, but I feel that he has more upside than Latendresse. He has great hands and excellent speed. He just needs confidence and some fire in his belly.

So far, Martin is handling the situation very well, IMO.

The problem with Pouliot is that he doesn't know how good he can become. At least, slowly but surely, I see him getting comfortable at the NHL level. He holds on to the puck a little longer, takes the time to look around him and make a pass (very often a good and creative one).

I may be mistaken about him, but I feel that he has more upside than Latendresse. He has great hands and excellent speed. He just needs confidence and some fire in his belly.

So far, Martin is handling the situation very well, IMO.

That Lats showed up to Minnesota's camp out of shape speaks volumes about his maturity level. He's been in the NHL what, 5 years, and still doesn't get it? Add that to his pouting in 2009 before being shipped out, as well as his grumbling that he was entitled to extended time in the top-6, leads one to suspect that he may not be what he needs to be between the ears. Who knows, though, maybe a season on IR will teach him something.

As for sheer talent, I think Pouliot has more, but Latendresse did fit the profile of a potential power forward, which this organization continues to need.

In any case, the Habs' concern is not with Lats, it's with Pouliot, and so far this season his development has been exemplary. It seems that, as with Eller, JM is really teaching him how to be a NHLer. The big offensive opportunities can wait until the fundamentals are there.

That Lats showed up to Minnesota's camp out of shape speaks volumes about his maturity level. He's been in the NHL what, 5 years, and still doesn't get it? Add that to his pouting in 2009 before being shipped out, as well as his grumbling that he was entitled to extended time in the top-6, leads one to suspect that he may not be what he needs to be between the ears. Who knows, though, maybe a season on IR will teach him something.

As for sheer talent, I think Pouliot has more, but Latendresse did fit the profile of a potential power forward, which this organization continues to need.

In any case, the Habs' concern is not with Lats, it's with Pouliot, and so far this season his development has been exemplary. It seems that, as with Eller, JM is really teaching him how to be a NHLer. The big offensive opportunities can wait until the fundamentals are there.

Bingo. He and Eller are improving at a healthy pace, and you can see it just by watching the game. Both those players will get their chances in the top 6, but only when Jacques feels they've earned it. And that could take all season. Which is fine by me.

I don't know who said the book on PK was that he didn't fight.. he did plenty in Belleville. It was a bit hard to fight last night since the cheap shot to his face was at the final buzzer and the linesman jumped in.. Myer knew the refs would jump in, so he looks like the chicken to me.. took a cheapie and turned for the bench.

Bingo. He and Eller are improving at a healthy pace, and you can see it just by watching the game. Both those players will get their chances in the top 6, but only when Jacques feels they've earned it. And that could take all season. Which is fine by me.

Double Bingo. I really like the way Pouliot is handling his assignments out there and I won't be surprised as his comfort level increases under JM if he doesn't start becoming an offensive force for us.

As to PK. He gets a full pass from me. Let him bang his way into an NHL pro and star his way.

The biggest thing that I have enjoyed so far this season is that the Canadiens finally seem to be looking big picture.

They aren't rushing anybody and they are making decisions based on what is best for the team long term, not based on today.

It is a throwback to the way they used to run the franchise. The Price decision is first and foremost. They could have done

the simple thing and traded Price. Instead they used information that "Joe Expert" did not have access to and made what looks

to be a franchise altering decision for the better.

They are not rushing Eller up to the top lines and after Pouliot struggled they didn't break his spirit, they have put him in a position

to succeed and he is beginning to gain confidence. When players have refused to buy into the program they ship them out.

I don't really know where the philosophy changed because the Gauthier/Gainey combo has been there for a long time, but

it seems that a veteran coach who is not just trying to cling to his job has allowed for the patience that is required to build a

system and team identity.

Martin has the reputation of reigning in his offensive minded players, yet PK Subban has allowed the Habs to not be decimated by

the loss of Markov and has not been stapled to the bench for his mistakes. Subban has gotten to the point where I feel like he has

been around forever, not just 30 games.

Ignore this message if they lose 8 of the next 10.

Will Price lose his good luck charm? He's shaving off his mustache before tomorrow's game. Will the Buffalo game by the end of the streak? Hope not.

Unrelated to the Buffalo game but not new thread worthy, Martin Brodeur will not be available for Thursday's game against the Devils.

Will Price lose his good luck charm? He's shaving off his mustache before tomorrow's game. Will the Buffalo game by the end of the streak? Hope not.

Unrelated to the Buffalo game but not new thread worthy, Martin Brodeur will not be available for Thursday's game against the Devils.

I hope not... I shaved mine yesterday and man, I tell ya... Its such a relief... Sweat and food build-up ...funky smells... itching here and there... ALL GONE!!

I think/hope he will be relieved and perhaps even more concentrated after removing it!

BTW big cheer to all you Movember mates!!!

:clap: :hlogo: :clap:

I hope not... I shaved mine yesterday and man, I tell ya... Its such a relief... Sweat and food build-up ...funky smells... itching here and there... ALL GONE!!

I think/hope he will be relieved and perhaps even more concentrated after removing it!

BTW big cheer to all you Movember mates!!!

:clap: :hlogo: :clap:

I've had a mustache for going on 10 years (and I'm only 24), never had the food build-up, smelling, or itching issues.

Back on topic, at least Price had a good October as well so his success can't only be attributed to what's between his nose and lips.

Shame he shaved it. It fit well with his whole Cowboy persona.

I've had a mustache for going on 10 years (and I'm only 24), never had the food build-up, smelling, or itching issues.

You have a mustache. Can't say that's how I pictured you!

As for me... let's say that I would need some time before it moved from somewhat rough "kiwi hair" to a full blow 'stache