GDT: Heritage Classic, Feb. 20

dlbalr

Why don't you go with the some habs from the legends game yesterday. There's no one I'd pick from the habs tonight. The ice sucked - but both teams played in the same conditions. It was just pretty sucky effort all around. Price was good at the start and kept them in in, but I wouldn't pick him for that horrible mask alone!!

BTW, is Price's mask a tribute to JM or something??? THat has to be the ugliest mask i've ever seen!!

Had I actually watched most of the game yesterday, that would've been a pretty good idea. As for Price, he kept them in early but his positioning on a couple of Calgary's goals was awful. I've got a top-3 in mind as there were a few decent efforts tonight, still working on the HM, hoping the statsheet gives me an idea.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It'd be wrong-headed to infer too much from an outdoor game. As Joel Bouchard observed, the conditions favoured the team best equipped to play a super-simple, crash and bang game. This gave the Flames an artifical advantage.

Nevertheless. We're in a Slump, the second one of the season. It will likely take 3-4 games to start rounding back into form. Part of the problem is the injuries - players seldom just step right in and make a sustained impact after an extended absence. Also, without ragging on Price, who obviously made lots of saves, the goaltending has not been as razor-sharp on this trip so far.

Just gotta ride it out. It could be a lot worse, at least our guys are coming back.

Every time I watch one of these exhibition mid-season games I hope it is the last the league throws at us. However, as long as they keep getting 10's of thousands of more ticket holders to pay for them we will continue to be forced to have them. Too cold for physical play, no flow to the game due to crap ice that needed to be repaired after every whistle. Bad lighting, terrible camera angles. I could go on, but don't feel I need to. I hope it is the last one Montreal is forced to play until we meet the Nords on the frozen Plains of Abraham. Ummm, Yo Pres! We have indoor rinks now, for a reason!!!

yeap i saw/heard that too... "Hey midget" was the exact phrase while doing a hand shake.

Can't help but wonder if that's an inside joke - maybe some called Cammalleri that when he played in Calgary. Not sure there's a lot to read into there.

Can't help but wonder if that's an inside joke - maybe some called Cammalleri that when he played in Calgary. Not sure there's a lot to read into there.

If it was done during the handshake, it was probably a friendly jibe.

Well, 2 games 1 goal. Nice effort guys. I wonder if they new it wasn't an exhibition game.

I think 3 more loses by Saturday will put them in a sellers mode.

I don't know what happened but as bad as the injuries are, the lack of effort and giving a crap is more disturbing.

bar, tonight will be like taking candy from a baby. what was the bet?

I am sure it was in jest among friends.. but the sad part is, too many guys on our team could have that same nickname.. Cammy actually could have replied "you talking to me?"

I am sure it was in jest among friends.. but the sad part is, too many guys on our team could have that same nickname.. Cammy actually could have replied "you talking to me?"

we know which Flames player said that to Cammy? or was the voice offscreen?

we know which Flames player said that to Cammy? or was the voice offscreen?

Yeah I you could see the player say it... I honestly dont know who that was... probably a 4th liner.. was a big fella with a somewhat smashed nose... Well big is relative cause the camera was focused on Cammy... I'll look for it on youtube now