Predictions for March 24th MTL @ BOS

BrenDittero

The last regular season meeting between the two teams happens tonight.

Pacioretty is out for the remainder of the regular season.

Chara got a walk from the NHL Headquarters.

Will the Habs now be thinking of self preservation? Are the Bruins going to be looking to finish off Subban? Will it degenerate into another Feb 9th at the TD Garden?

Without getting into a re tread of suspension talk, how would you like to see or how do you think March 24th will play out ?

Edited by BrenDittero

My hope is that it's a clean, rather timid game from both sides, that stays close until the bitter end. Calling up Henry or Conboy is just going to show that the Habs want another rough game and Boston surely would give it to them, they're better built for it. If it stays close, there shouldn't be any incidents where players on either side decide to start something stupid. Survive the game (healthy) and move on.

Now, you may wonder, "Why not try and get revenge?" The Habs don't have someone who can hold their own with Chara in a fight, anyone who attempts to do so is only going to probably get pummeled and give momentum to Boston. Anyone who tries to cheap shot him, well guess what? Boston will do the same to someone from the Habs. Not exactly desirable, though obviously, doing nothing (or close to it) isn't exactly ideal either, I must admit.

My hope is that it's a clean, rather timid game from both sides, that stays close until the bitter end. Calling up Henry or Conboy is just going to show that the Habs want another rough game and Boston surely would give it to them, they're better built for it. If it stays close, there shouldn't be any incidents where players on either side decide to start something stupid. Survive the game (healthy) and move on.

Now, you may wonder, "Why not try and get revenge?" The Habs don't have someone who can hold their own with Chara in a fight, anyone who attempts to do so is only going to probably get pummeled and give momentum to Boston. Anyone who tries to cheap shot him, well guess what? Boston will do the same to someone from the Habs. Not exactly desirable, though obviously, doing nothing (or close to it) isn't exactly ideal either, I must admit.

It gets to the point where the Bruins have now started 7-8 fights without an instigator had Boychuk take a mini-run at Subban and White get the bigger penalty and their captain possibly destroy the career of one of our top prospects. What is exactly acting as a deterrent for the Bruins?

I am worried about losing Price or other players because the NHL is setting a dangerous precedent of allowing massive violence and only penalizing goons like Gillies.

Step 1: Get the Kostitsy brother to contact their Mafia friends in Montreal.

Step 2: Organize said scoff-laws to acquire a fair sized autobus

Step 3: Get full busload of 'supporters' to wait outside the TD Bank North Center pregame on afternoon March 24.

Step 4: Combination of molotov cocktails, IED's, smoke bombs and small arms fire directed at 'Zee's' vehicle upon arrival.

Step 5: Delete this thread so no proof of intent exists

There's really nothing to be done except suit up for another game against a key divisional rival. Like Brian stated, the Bruins are better suited for a physical tilt, and it'd be senseless to try and beat down Boston. The league failed to bring about justice, and there's no way the Habs can. Our boys will have to take the high road, and play their game. A solid win is the only revenge we can take.

The Bruins are dangerous to the safety of our players because our players have humiliated them on an ongoing basis. It really, truly is a pathetic state of affairs. In hockey terms we simply own those f*ckers. So all they can do is, quite literally, try to physically injure us. Ironically, the best way to stop it would be to let the Bruins win a few! Ease their humiliation, then they'll start playing actual hockey.

Unfortunately, the rest of the league and media don't follow the Habs/Bruins closely enough to understand the real dynamics here. To them, the Chara incident is just some stuff that happened to occur in a rivalry game. They're not looking for an explanation of the patterns Wamsley demonstrates. And therefore the league is systematically rewarding the Bruins for this kind of play.

In any case, as others have said, there's no retaliation we can realistically bring to the table (except perhaps a knee on knee job on someone other than Chara). This is unfortunate; and it's one time where a hulking 7'0 goon, sent out with the sole purpose of smashing Chara's head in, would be a real asset for our franchise. But in today's NHL the only authentic deterrent is overall team size and toughness. We aren't built on that model. Our players simply have to keep their heads up, play hard, and win. We're kinda like the 1970s Soviets in that sense.

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

It gets to the point where the Bruins have now started 7-8 fights without an instigator had Boychuk take a mini-run at Subban and White get the bigger penalty and their captain possibly destroy the career of one of our top prospects. What is exactly acting as a deterrent for the Bruins?

I am worried about losing Price or other players because the NHL is setting a dangerous precedent of allowing massive violence and only penalizing goons like Gillies.

And that's why i'm so ######ing pissed off! Too many naive people think this will be the end of it! I can garantee that someone else will get injured in the March 24th game.

Let's not forget that we have lost one of our best forwards for the push to the playoffs, and the Bruins are rewarded. Not only is Chara gonna play in the next game, but one fo their rivals will be missing one of its best forwards.

This whole situation smells like shit!

Edited by Habsfan

And that's why i'm so ######ing pissed off! Too many naive people think this will be the end of it! I can garantee that someone else will get injured in the March 24th game.

Let's not forget that we have lost one of our best forwards for the push to the playoffs, and the Bruins are rewarded. Not only is Chara gonna play in the next game, but one fo their rivals will be missing one of its best forwards.

This whole situation smells like shit!

100%. Why *wouldn't* they keep doing it? They obviously don't care about the risks of killing or crippling their fellow players. Every habs guy who goes down improves their chances of actually managing to beat us.

That the Habs' players are reportedly very, very angry about the non-suspension is also worrisome. There is a terribly high possibility of a Steve Moore-type incident happening with us as the bad guys. Not to Chara, but to some other Bruin who does something questionable during the game - any Bruin, in short, who could serve as a vehicle for expressing that rage.

And while I strongly feel that intention should be irrelevant to disciplinary action, anyone who thinks that Chara's intentions were lily-white could do well to read this:

http://nhl-red-light.si.com/2011/03/09/charas-hit-calls-his-character-into-question/

That the Habs' players are reportedly very, very angry about the non-suspension is also worrisome. There is a terribly high possibility of a Steve Moore-type incident happening with us as the bad guys. Not to Chara, but to some other Bruin who does something questionable during the game - any Bruin, in short, who could serve as a vehicle for expressing that rage.

I wouldn't worry to much about this, its not like our smurfs could cause much damage! :rolleyes:

I feel so helpless. WE get our asses collectively raped in the Feb 9th game. Obviously, there was nothing we could do to beat Boston Physically, but we were getting our revenge the best way possible...by leading 4-0 midway through the 2nd period. I was actually starting to think that maybe we could take these guys on in the playoffs...and then this happens!

Now, not only do we have less of a chance of beating Boston, they are in a better position to make the playoffs and finish ahead of us. I wish we could injure their best players and make sure they are out for the rest of the season...obviously that won't happen. I'm frustrated, pissed-off and feel like my team is the laughing stock of the NHL! What are we gonna do on March 24th when the Bruins start "gooning it up" against our tiny forwards? What are we gonna do when Lucic decides that Pouliot has to pay for his "clean" beat-down of Krejci? What will we do? Nothing!!!

I said it in another post: as awful as it sounds, as unethical as it is? Dress someone (who will get a very private and very lucrative payoff) to play the game with the sole intention of making devastating runs at any player who makes even a quasi-legal attempt at a habs. And since the league condones it, make every effort to run Chara's head into the stanchion, then go ballistic if the league does anything more than the nothing it did this time. In the end, since the league doesn't respect and won't protect the player, then it's up to the teams. I'm fully in support of a stick-swinging, knee-cracking goon to ensure the Habs don't get run around. Hell, since the Bruins did it on more than a few occasions, bench the whole of the fourth line and bring in three uber-goons. Anything to protect what's left of the team.

I apologize to everyone who finds this offensive. The reality is that I find it horribly offensive as well. What I find more offensive, though, is the global lack of respect in hockey these days, particularly when it comes to head shots. Enough is enough.

On March 24th the Bruins will have a lot to prove at home. Their only win so far against the Habs is at home using goon tactics.

After Chara's walk, the Bruins are surely feeling justified for their style of play and have been given a huge green light to take it to the next level.

Subban is the most likely the top target.

As a general manager, or part of the coaching staff is there any way to minimize the potential damage?

Premeditated retaliation should be out of the question. The only thing that will make us look like more of a laughing stock ( to Bruins fans ) is to do something stupid that gets our players suspended.

These MTL / BOS games are escalating from high energy / emotional hockey games to gladiator matches.

It's like prison rules, do you strike first or wait to be attacked? On the bright side we know exactly when and where it's going to happen.

Edited by BrenDittero

I smell a Nordiques / habs good friday scuffle we had in the 80's....

any takers ?

====

I'm sure the brooms have a board with players named checked off that they need to kill before playoffs because they can't play with us in a legitimate way.

Patch - DONE

PK - too fast ... but KILL him quick

Plexxx - too fast , Kill him also some way

Price - Kill him m by ramming lucic and thorton at same time into posts

Edited by jrhabs

You know what would be a good idea for that game? Sit all your key players. Dress a Bulldogs lineup. The message: this league doesn't protect its players, we're going to protect them by throwing this game. Have fun beating up AHLers. See ya.

You know what would be a good idea for that game? Sit all your key players. Dress a Bulldogs lineup. The message: this league doesn't protect its players, we're going to protect them by throwing this game. Have fun beating up AHLers. See ya.

So AHL players lives and livelihoods are less important that those of NHL players?

The only statement that makes is that the Bulldogs are disposable.

On March 24th I'd like to see a full Canadiens roster light it up in Boston, fight the fights they need to and walk away with another two points.

With Max Pacioretty smiling from the press box.

Edited by BrenDittero

I think playing Tuukka Rask last game is an insight into the psychotic mind of Claude Julien.

talk about intent?

The whole organization of the Bruins are bullies and have no class

The NHL is like the crooked school superintendent

the poor Habs are the slack jawed, droopy eyed students, who can't stand up to them.

It makes me sad for Hockey when I hear a Father say he is seriously thinking of not putting his child in Hockey now..

So AHL players lives and livelihoods are less important that those of NHL players?

The only statement that makes is that the Bulldogs are disposable.

On March 24th I'd like to see a full Canadiens roster light it up in Boston. Fight the fights they need to and walk away with another two points.

With Max Pacioretty smiling from the press box.

Ha ha, no; the Bruins aren't going to bother assaulting a bunch of Bulldogs, surely. That's not the team they hate. The point is that we will have withdrawn from the whole mess on the grounds that it is ridiculous. If the NHL isn't going to be a real league, why should we give them a real hockey game?

Just remember how the Habs have always rebounded after Bruins blows. Example : after Zednik got his head ripped off the Habs still eliminated the Bruins in the playoffs.

Events like those draw the team together and it's then that the team is strongest. Bruins just gave us more strength to finish them up.

Still I'm concerned they will injure more guys until we're done with them. I was disgusted to see Lucic still thirst for blood in the 3rd period, after seeing a near- death incident few minutes earlier. That's sad.

The point is that we will have withdrawn from the whole mess on the grounds that it is ridiculous.

When game day finally arrives I don't think the Habs will see it that way.

There will still be a sore spot. Especially because Patch said he thinks his injury was done on purpose. Most Habs interviewed are leaning in that direction

( even if they can't come right out and say it )

Emotions will be running high and Boston will most likely come out swinging because they will still feel as though they have been wronged in some way.

I do agree that Patch's injury will bring the team closer together.

Edited by BrenDittero

What I'd like to see? Jimmy Bonneau, come on up!!! You get to play the first period, every shift I can give you against Chara. Take out a leg first if you have to, him with Moen and White. If you have to go through Johnny Bum######, so be it.

What you will see? Gary Bettman, Bill Daly and hopefully Donald Fehr in the press box. The presence of the NHL brass has a surprisingly effective way if calming stuff like this down.