GDT: Habs vs Blues, Mar. 10

dlbalr

My thoughts on the 1st period - I think we found a Western team that can rival Florida for the most names 'butcherable' by the RDS broadcast crew. I get Pietrangelo and Colaiacovo a bit, though the latter has been in the league for ages and Pietrangelo has played enough internationally that people should know that one. But Adam Cracknell is a very easy one to pronounce, but somehow, the n is being mistaken for a w. If only the TSN regional feed extended throughout all of Ontario...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup.. a flat team vs a beat up ahl team.. .not much to get excited about.. hopefully we pull out 2 points and move on.

wow, did you see the stats on the defense experience.. and I thought we had it bad with injuries.

wow, did you see the stats on the defense experience.. and I thought we had it bad with injuries.

Kinda a boring game. We seem rather flat. We have to put together a good third period. At least get it to overtime. Price has been pretty good so far.

Go Habs Go

Edited by Habsfan84

This is the definition of sleepwalking through a game.

How many legit scoring chances have they had in this game?

Edited by Wamsley01

two or there each.. pretty flat game overall.. as I said at the start, not surprised given both team's situations.

This is the definition of sleepwalking through a game.

How many legit scoring chances have they had in this game?

It's also worth remembering that MacPac had 11 goals in his last 20 games. Strange as it may be to say about a rookie, but given our need for an extra top-6 forward AND a power forward to boot, he was a key part of our roster. With Gomez gone permanently fishing he was even more important. In pure hockey terms this incident could cost us significantly.

It's also worth remembering that MacPac had 11 goals in his last 20 games. Strange as it may be to say about a rookie, but given our need for an extra top-6 forward AND a power forward to boot, he was a key part of our roster. With Gomez gone permanently fishing he was even more important. In pure hockey terms this incident could cost us significantly.

11 in 20!1? Wow.

I would not be the least surprised if the team is not considerably derailed mentally and emotionally over MaxPac. I am. Life's necessary finitude enters the rooms of our minds.

You keep saying that and the Habs keep winning. They continually prove that one skater is replaceable. Pacioretty has been great, but he is one player.

Now the disappointing thing for me is that every time they approach elite performance they suffer a devastating loss. When Markov went down they were starting to look like a legit contender and with the emergence of Pacioretty and Eller they looked to be pushing themselves above the pack of mediocrity. THen they suffer a stomach punch.

THAT is the frustrating part for me. Both times I have begun to get sucked in I find myself watching a guy get scraped off the ice.

You keep saying that and the Habs keep winning. They continually prove that one skater is replaceable. Pacioretty has been great, but he is one player.

Now the disappointing thing for me is that every time they approach elite performance they suffer a devastating loss. When Markov went down they were starting to look like a legit contender and with the emergence of Pacioretty and Eller they looked to be pushing themselves above the pack of mediocrity. THen they suffer a stomach punch.

THAT is the frustrating part for me. Both times I have begun to get sucked in I find myself watching a guy get scraped off the ice.

Well, I couldn't agree more about the last part. It's incredibly frustrating. I can't decide if it is just bum luck, or if it illustrates just how much depth you need to have to truly be a contending team. Look at Detroit overcoming the catastrophic loss of Norris-calibre defenceman Konstantinov, the Flyers sailing along with or without Briere, or even the Bruins and all the crazy injuries they've had to absorb.

Still, the pattern has been going on in Montreal for a long time. Koivu was emerging as a top-5 NHL superstar, then BAM! His knee is shattered and he is never the same. We acquire Donald Audette, at the time a legitimate top-line player, and BAM! 5 games later he has his arm sliced off and his career ends. Richard Zednik emerges as the league's leading playoff scorer and BAM! he's clotheslined, never to approach that level of performance again (and some say permanently gun-shy). I keep waiting (God forbid) to something equally dramatic to happen to Subban.

As for whether one player matters, what can I say. I see your point but I don't accept that all players are interchangeable. He was a big piece of the emerging picture and now he's out. That ain't helping.

Well that game was entirely predictable. They looked like they could care less. Zero intensity.

NOW they call a penalty. Sigh. Typical nonsense.

Edited by Wamsley01

My thoughts on the 1st period - I think we found a Western team that can rival Florida for the most names 'butcherable' by the RDS broadcast crew. I get Pietrangelo and Colaiacovo a bit, though the latter has been in the league for ages and Pietrangelo has played enough internationally that people should know that one. But Adam Cracknell is a very easy one to pronounce, but somehow, the n is being mistaken for a w. If only the TSN regional feed extended throughout all of Ontario...

Works both ways, Chris Cuthbert used to sound foolish when he mentioned Stephane Quintal. And how the rest of Canada manages to screw up Jacques Villeneuve, I'll never know. It's not Villaanoove. But hey, who really cares.

Edited by Habsy

Well, I couldn't agree more about the last part. It's incredibly frustrating. I can't decide if it is just bum luck, or if it illustrates just how much depth you need to have to truly be a contending team. Look at Detroit overcoming the catastrophic loss of Norris-calibre defenceman Konstantinov, the Flyers sailing along with or without Briere, or even the Bruins and all the crazy injuries they've had to absorb.

Still, the pattern has been going on in Montreal for a long time. Koivu was emerging as a top-5 NHL superstar, then BAM! His knee is shattered and he is never the same. We acquire Donald Audette, at the time a legitimate top-line player, and BAM! 5 games later he has his arm sliced off and his career ends. Richard Zednik emerges as the league's leading playoff scorer and BAM! he's clotheslined, never to approach that level of performance again (and some say permanently gun-shy). I keep waiting (God forbid) to something equally dramatic to happen to Subban.

As for whether one player matters, what can I say. I see your point but I don't accept that all players are interchangeable. He was a big piece of the emerging picture and now he's out. That ain't helping.

It almost is expected. I swear both injuries this season pushed a level of dread over me before I saw who it was.

I was in Montreal for the Markov injury and it occurred at the opposite end of the ice. All I said was "anybody but Markov" and who was it? Exactly the same thing the other night. I was on the phone with my father and I said "I hope that wasn't Pacioretty" and once again the player I feared the most was the guy that was down.

It is expecting the worst and watching it happen.

Maybe we need to sacrifice a bucket of chicken or appease Jobu or something.

Its frustrating because we were all over them trying to get more fancy ones against Halak but after they scored a couple 'working mans goals' we gave up.

Not a real surprise. I think all the guys are a little drained physically and emotionally right now.

Christ the've just won a bunch in a row. And had their team mate nearly decapitated right in front of them...

let it go. at least we didn't give points to an Eastern Conference team.

We had some great moments and some stupid lapses of consciousness (and poor officiating)

Lets get prepared for a big game against the Pens

Probably the least upset I have been over a loss in years.

It's hard for me to get worked up over 1 game in the first place, but add in the trivial aspect of it after almost seeing a guy die on the ice and it seems less important than ever.

I am sure the importance will return after a while, but the last 2 days have been draining. From shock, sadness, anger at the idiots running the NHL and then a sense of apathy for the stupidity that the majority of media and players are saying just leaves me wanting them to do what they need to do to qualify and start the playoffs already.