GDT: Game 3, Bruins vs Habs

dlbalr

Quite a few notes on the Habs/Bruins series found their way into Elliotte Friedman's 30 thoughts, some of them are quite interesting. Here's the link: http://www.cbc.ca/sp...0-thoughts.html

Also, some Boston lineup notes, Chara's probable, as is Thomas to start while Seguin once again appears to be a healthy scratch. http://www.csnne.com/04/18/11/Its-looking-good-for-Chara-to-play-Game-/landing_bruins.html?blockID=506227&feedID=3352

There is a sense around the Bruins that Chara is bothered by more than just a virus. Montreal fans who tweeted his illness was "karma" will have little sympathy, but the feeling is Chara is mentally torn by the injuries he caused to Max Pacioretty and Ryan Callahan. While the monstrous defenceman looks like a killer, guys who've played with him say he's very sensitive about this kind of thing. From what I've heard, the phone conversation with Pacioretty was very emotional, and seeing Callahan get hurt by a slapshot really upset Chara.

I think I'm calling BS on this one.

Since he decapitated Pacioretty.

15 GP 3G 9A 12 PTS +12

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I'm calling BS on this one.

Since he decapitated Pacioretty.

15 GP 3G 9A 12 PTS +12

I read that article after D posted it, I'm with you on the BS note. What I want to know is this:

Where is this idea that Chara is mentally torn coming from? Is Laraque now in the Boston locker room too?

Chara is mental sure, but mentally torn? C'mon Friedman quote a source or don't bother typing this garbage.

I read that article after D posted it, I'm with you on the BS note. What I want to know is this:

Where is this idea that Chara is mentally torn coming from? Is Laraque now in the Boston locker room too?

Chara is mental sure, but mentally torn? C'mon Friedman quote a source or don't bother typing this garbage.

That is TMZ type nonsense. Don't speculate on such garbage without some sort of corroborating evidence. It is pushing an agenda to present Chara as a gentle giant, why? No clue.

That is TMZ type nonsense. Don't speculate on such garbage without some sort of corroborating evidence. It is pushing an agenda to present Chara as a gentle giant, why? No clue.

I just tweeted him those stats. If he is mentally torn in street clothes, he forgets it all when he puts on his hockey gear. It's possible that he worries, but it's just speculation, and it obviously has no affect on his game, so who the hell cares?

Just a guess, but it sounds like a new angle on the very tired story of poor Chara.

If one reporter says something it has the opportunity to get repeated and make it through the 'telephone game' of hockey talk to stoke the fires for a couple more days.

Another theory might be that Friedman only had 29 semi intelligent things to say and needed to round out the list.

I think that everyone around the league is in awe of Chara's physical strength and there is a widespread sense of gratitude to him for generally not using it to the maximum extent possible (i.e., killing guys every game). It's this accumulated goodwill that probably bought him so much clemency for the obviously savage assault on Patches, and that also feeds into this kind of 'tragic gentle giant' BS.

Anyway: Chara SHOULD feel bad for what he did to Pacioretty. If he doesn't feel bad about almost killing a young man, then he is a sociopath. But you know what? Pacioretty feels a lot WORSE. F*ck Chara and the horse he rode in on.

Meanwhile, I'm nervous about tonight! It's a series-defining game and I won't be able to watch the first half. But how will the Habs be able to perform without my cheering them on through the TV set? :monkey:

+1 Freidman is an idiot for printing that BS, let alone even considering believing such BS. Chara is a guy who looks like he TRYS to hurt people, going off on Pleks was an example. I still remember him pulling down and pounding on Komisarik from behind 3-4 years ago.

I can't express how great it is having to be in Toronto this week for work and wearing a habs ties to my meetings :1gohabs:

Good point from Muller... remember 93... we came back from 2-0 on the way to the cup...

This is going to be a huge game... a Habs win will be huge. A Boston win and they are right back in the series.

Good point from Muller... remember 93... we came back from 2-0 on the way to the cup...

This is going to be a huge game... a Habs win will be huge. A Boston win and they are right back in the series.

It's very true, coming back after being down 2-0 is not impossible. I'm sure Muller has had that and many other great things to say to the team.

That being said, each one of these last two games I've thought the Bruins were going to light it up and it hasn't happened yet.

Tonight might be their night, the fan in me hopes it's not.

Edited by BrenDittero

sigh..not what we needed... nothing on the PP and then a terrible play in our end...

Bruins have the first lead of the series, how will the Habs respond?

I really don't like having Hammer and Spacek paired together.

This game could be 4-0 Boston by now if not for some huge saves. The defensive game has gone all to hell tonight. They need to settle down.

A good start would be to tie it up on this power play and not just waste it.

Ugh, the boys are looking pretty damn sloppy so far. We're lucky to only be down by 1. Time to get it back. PP time!