Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

Pezzetta no points in 3 gms, but managed 9pims last game. Is he Conner Crisp II?

I don't think they are (although that is a common Crisp statline). Crisp is a tough guy who could score at the junior level, Pezzetta is more of a two-way player that will drop the gloves from time to time. I expect he'll have a bit of a breakout season offensively as well this year.

Leafs with three of the top six.

Doing a rebuild right so far but we've seen Edmonton in this situation before.

Nice to see Murray get love. Too many think he was just the right guy at the right time.

I think Boeser is overrated but that's probably me thinking most of Vancouver prospects are vastly overrated.

Leafs with three of the top six.

Doing a rebuild right so far but we've seen Edmonton in this situation before.

I don't necessarily agree that Edmonton did it right actually.

Chicago did it right. They started with bringing in top dmen (Keith, Seabrook) who take longer to develop and then moved on to selecting forwards (Toews, Kane). They all hit their prime about the same period of time and we saw the results.

As opposed to Chicago, Edmonton never drafted or brought any quality dmen and we see the results.

Chicago did it right. They started with bringing in top dmen (Keith, Seabrook) who take longer to develop and then moved on to selecting forwards (Toews, Kane). They all hit their prime about the same period of time and we saw the results.

As opposed to Chicago, Edmonton never drafted or brought any quality dmen and we see the results.

Agreed they didn't do it right (and Toronto has only got Reilly really to show for their drafting of defencemen) That comes down to the fact that Edmonton only drafted well with top picks. Their picks from the second round on have been trash.

Duncan Keith was a second round pick.

Chicago got Keith in the second round and Seabrook at 13th overall

They took Cam Barker 3rd overall and that was a disaster.

They also took Jack Skille (a forward in the top 10).

They got lucky as much as they did it right.

Must be some commitment to his current team is it?

The actual SHL season starts within the next week or so and Vejdemo is a regular with his team. It'd be one thing if he were contending for a spot with Montreal but since it's just a rookie camp, I'm sure his club team wants him playing regular season games instead.

Pezzetta wore the C for Sudbury tonight.  I don't see any announcement saying he's been named captain for the Wolves but he was expected to be a strong candidate to get it.

Mete and Bourque each had a pair of assists as most teams kicked off their seasons last night (it was game two for Mete though).

• Upvote 1

It's looking like Bitten to the 67's isn't going to happen:

The Ottawa 67's are heading on a road trip that will eventually take them to Flint, Mich., but negotiations that might have allowed them to return with forward William Bitten of Gloucester have ended.

More succinctly, they're "dead," or at least that was how 67's coach and general manager Jeff Brown put it Sunday, and that was all he said about the matter.

Bitten has refused to report back to the Firebirds for what would be his third season with that Ontario Hockey League club, and he requested a trade to Ottawa in part so he could continue his education in French.

Brown confirmed when training camp started a few weeks ago that he had discussed trade possibilities with the Firebirds, but said even then that he wasn't willing to mortgage the future of the 67's.

http://www.ottawasun.com/2016/09/26/ottawa-67s-drop-home-opener-against-barrie-colts

• dlbalr changed the title to Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker