Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

32 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Is Primeau's play the reason they  may be shopping Lindgren?

They're two different situations entirely.  Lindgren isn't being shopped - teams are inquiring about him.  Primeau's probably still a year away from turning pro so there's a decent chance the Habs will have to dip into the college free agent market for one come March/April.  By the time Primeau could be NHL ready, Lindgren's contract will have expired already.

59 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

They're two different situations entirely.  Lindgren isn't being shopped - teams are inquiring about him.  Primeau's probably still a year away from turning pro so there's a decent chance the Habs will have to dip into the college free agent market for one come March/April.  By the time Primeau could be NHL ready, Lindgren's contract will have expired already.

Ok, thanks!

Walford with WHL highlight of night

http://whl.ca/video/whl-highlight-of-the-night-november-28-2018

Brook 1g1a, in 3-1 win, 1st star of game

http://whl.ca/video/highlights-warriors-3-at-ice-1

When Ice player was about to come out of penalty box, Brook drops back to cover him...something simple many NHLers seem to forget often.

23 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Brook has a 7 game point streak, 5 of those games being multi-point games.  (14 points in the 7 games)

Overall on the season 8 g, 29 points in 19 games.

Would you say he is doing as well as Subban did in his last OHL year (offense is similar)?

You think he looking to be better than a Madison Bowey, D Pouliot, or S Theodore?

1 hour ago, DON said:

Would you say he is doing as well as Subban did in his last OHL year (offense is similar)?

You think he looking to be better than a Madison Bowey, D Pouliot, or S Theodore?

Subban was just something special.  I have a hard time comparing him to Subban even if the numbers are similar.  Subban's play was outstanding.  When I watched games in junior and the AHL, I just couldn't take my eyes off him.  It was clear (to me at least) that he had Norris potential and I was hyping him huge. 

Brook is probably my second favorite Habs defence prospect post Subban (Sergachev is first), and I think he has the potential to be a top pair guy.  But I'm not ready to say he has the potential to be what Subban was.  I don't know that he's at possible Norris level. 

A comparison to Theodore would probably be best of those three. 

44 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Subban was just something special.  I have a hard time comparing him to Subban even if the numbers are similar.  Subban's play was outstanding.  When I watched games in junior and the AHL, I just couldn't take my eyes off him.  It was clear (to me at least) that he had Norris potential and I was hyping him huge. 

Brook is probably my second favorite Habs defence prospect post Subban (Sergachev is first), and I think he has the potential to be a top pair guy.  But I'm not ready to say he has the potential to be what Subban was.  I don't know that he's at possible Norris level. 

A comparison to Theodore would probably be best of those three. 

thanks

Houde not playing, injured

McShane 1g(8), 1st star of game

Poehling 1a 3rd period

Primeau 1g on 20shots, then pulled when was 9-1 (Merrimack College must suck?)

Harris 1a on the 9 goals

1 hour ago, DON said:

Teasdale 1g (12) 29pts in 28gms

It's going to be interesting to see if he gets a shot for Canada's WJC entry.  They're naming their camp roster tomorrow and he seems to be one of those viewed as on the bubble.