Line combinations?

SOOPAVILLIN

Pacioretty - Galchneyuk - Gallagher

Sekac - Plekanec - Andrighetto

Bournival - Desharnais - Parenteau

Prust - Malhotra - Weise

The first line is something i've been wanting to see for over a year.

I really like the lines and hope Therrien sticks to see if the chemistry is there.

The top line is gonna lose some faceoffs. It's okay because all three can steal pucks and transition quickly. You'll lose an offensive zone faceoff from time to time while Galchenyuk learns his trade but eventually he's gonna win more and the line can get the puck back into the zone by carrying it anyway. All three can carry the puck. That's a plus when Markov and Subban are carrying from the back as well.

Sekac with Plekanec is great. I'd prefer PAP there because I liked seeing him with Plekanec but Ghetto has a great chance to make an impression.

Bournival is gonna have fire and DD and PAP could use that.

A real fourth line with Prust and Weise with Malhotra can create some plays and kill time while the top nine rests.

Have Galchenyuk spend 30 minutes with Malhotra every day for a month and he should get better.

Frankly, once Eller is back, i' rather switch Eller with Pleks. I really like seeing Prust and Weisse on the 4th line where they belong.

how long will coach t keep them all together, is the real question? :pray:

Given MT's track record, unfortunately i'd put the over-under at 3 shifts.

I think the key to that top line will be the fact that Gallagher and Galchenyuk are great along the boards, especially behind the net and on the forecheck.

Having Max to pass to when puck battle is won, could be what makes this line the best we have seen in a while here...

Been waiting for Galchenyuk there! I'm excited about this. I expect him to improve on faceoffs relatively quickly; when he fails, he will personally look to get better. Malholtra is the best in the league at it, so... were in good hands ;)

The first line is something i've been wanting to see for over a year.

likewise

Have Galchenyuk spend 30 minutes with Malhotra every day for a month and he should get better.

Frankly, once Eller is back, i' rather switch Eller with Pleks. I really like seeing Prust and Weisse on the 4th line where they belong.

Given MT's track record, unfortunately i'd put the over-under at 3 shifts.

Lets hope not. Chucky is gonna be a center for the rest of his career. One hundred and fifty games on wing is enough. Put him at center leave him there. There will be no "perfect" time for MT to get over himself and let the kid play center..............no secret thati have been waiting for the coach to get out of the kids way.

Guest Stogey24

likewise

Lets hope not. Chucky is gonna be a center for the rest of his career. One hundred and fifty games on wing is enough. Put him at center leave him there. There will be no "perfect" time for MT to get over himself and let the kid play center..............no secret thati have been waiting for the coach to get out of the kids way.

He needs to get a serious look at centre. Not just A period and then switched back to wing because he was out there for a goal against. The reason Galchenyuk was even drafted was because this team is so weak up the middle. I honestly wonder if Bergevin would have even drafted Galchenyuk if he didn't play centre at all in junior.

I really don't care who plays with who, seems any one of hundred combos can work; 27-81-11, 8-81-26, 26-81-67, 27-11-8, etc

Gallagher may end up taking more faceoffs than Galchenyuk? Does it matter any?

I really don't care who plays with who, seems any one of hundred combos can work; 27-81-11, 8-81-26, 26-81-67, 27-11-8, etc

well the habs have been hurting for a center since saku koivu taled off then left..............so getting a decent center matters in the nhl, yes.

You don't care much for being an armchair GM do you? :P More of and armchair sit back and whatever happens happens kind of guy. Nothin wrong with that! Like you say, as long as they win at the end of the day!

Personally I do care who plays with who, because I mean, yes it obviously matters. Anaheim never played Parros with Getzlaf for a reason. But you get the last laugh because I'm never going to be able to do squat about it! Maybe I would be better off being a sit back and whatever happens happens guy ;)

What idjiot would put Parros even on the ice, let alone top 6, so that is a non starter in argument.

I think #8 is a catalyst for good things and I like 81-26 combo and maybe 27-67, but really the lines are always changing on all 30 teams and what works in Nov may not in Feb, so is a bit of chess game.

I think 2 player combos stick much more often than all 3 players stickin together. So always is debatable who play with who on line, but just stab in dark. "Seems to look good on Paper" dosent always translate to ice.

Do you guys think the Quebecer line will put up any points? Bournival DD Partenteau...

I like the first and 4th lines the way they are now, and Plek with Ghetto and Sekac is what I expected sooner or later, but I'm interested to see how the Que line plays...

Hope these combos give the Habs some life, there is something strange about these lines from MT... they almost make sense?

• Upvote 1

Do you guys think the Quebecer line will put up any points? Bournival DD Partenteau...

I like the first and 4th lines the way they are now, and Plek with Ghetto and Sekac is what I expected sooner or later, but I'm interested to see how the Que line plays...

Hope these combos give the Habs some life, there is something strange about these lines from MT... they almost make sense?

Well they make more sense, and since everybody and their brother has been calling for the switch on the first line .....it tells me Therrien can read in both languages as well.

Jack Todds article on MT and DD. "DD reminds me of the coaches kid in atom, the one that gets all the powerplay time while better players ride the bench"

I think the key to that top line will be the fact that Gallagher and Galchenyuk are great along the boards, especially behind the net and on the forecheck.

Having Max to pass to when puck battle is won, could be what makes this line the best we have seen in a while here...

Looks like the obvious choice for a first line.

• 2 weeks later...

Practice lines today:

Bournival - Galchenyuk - Gallagher

Prust - Plekanec - Sekac

Desharnais - Eller - Parenteau

Weise - Malhotra

The 12th forward for tomorrow will be recalled late this afternoon.

Please bring back Sven and play Prust on the 4th.

Please bring back Sven and play Prust on the 4th.

A more likely scenario the way Therrien loves overplaying Prust is that Andrighetto would go back to the 2nd line while Prust would take Bournival's spot on the top unit with Bournival dropping down.

A more likely scenario the way Therrien loves overplaying Prust is that Andrighetto would go back to the 2nd line while Prust would take Bournival's spot on the top unit with Bournival dropping down.

Yeah I don't see Bournival on the top line. Won't surprise me to see DD there.

I wouldn't mind seing Prust up there with Galchenyuk, just to keep opponents from taking liberties at Gally and Chucky.

Yeah I don't see Bournival on the top line. Won't surprise me to see DD there.

Bournival with Plex and Sekac would be a good fit.

Shocked that with Eller back, they wouldn't move Galchenyuk to LW till Pacioretty comes back.

Same. With a W missing, I'd have thought that Chucky would be back at his former position in a minute. I'm cool with him at C though.

Chucky is at center to stay. Adapting to wing due to having five centermen will now be designated to other centermen. DD or Pleks being the logical guys to do it. Good to see the coach seriously attempt the change.

Max day to day. Others have to step up. Sens handled Ducks no problem last night. Habs rested while they played. No excuses.

Chucky is at center to stay. Adapting to wing due to having five centermen will now be designated to other centermen. DD or Pleks being the logical guys to do it. Good to see the coach seriously attempt the change.

Max day to day. Others have to step up. Sens handled Ducks no problem last night. Habs rested while they played. No excuses.

Wolverine likely to play. Game time decision.

With Therrien applying pressure on the 4th line to contribute offensively, the message is clear for Manny Malhotra: winning face-offs is not enough, you also have to score goals and make plays occasionally. If no. 20 finds himself unable to answer the call, I see him sitting upstairs before long. It will be either Eller or DD who will get the call to replace him. Even Plekanec could be asked to center the 4th line from to time.

I had seen the promotion of Chucky to the 1st line coming for a long time. This time I predict the demotion of Malhotra at the beginning of 2015. The reason is very simple: management wants a team firing on all cylinders for the play-offs. Obviously, the 4th line is not doing its part, hence the need for a change.

Next step will be the defense. Guys like Gilbert, Allen and Weaver will be evaluated closely in the next few weeks. Clearly, Beaulieu has earned a spot IMO, and Gonchar is solid enough to be part of the squad in the play-offs. If we consider that Markov, Subban and Emelin are our core three, Gonchar and Beaulieu the next two, we need one more regular to complete the squad. Weaver probably has an edge over Gilbert and Allen, but I doubt that management has much confidence in him. My opinion is that Tinordi will complete the squad. The opportunity will come after New Year. That's what I hope anyway.

Malhotra wasn't brought into contribute offensively. 4th lines job is to prevent goals and add energy. The game they were sat was that they weren't getting the job done defensively. Malhotra can maybe score 5 goals at this stage of his career - in a good year.

With Therrien applying pressure on the 4th line to contribute offensively, the message is clear for Manny Malhotra: winning face-offs is not enough, you also have to score goals and make plays occasionally. If no. 20 finds himself unable to answer the call, I see him sitting upstairs before long. It will be either Eller or DD who will get the call to replace him. Even Plekanec could be asked to center the 4th line from to time.

I had seen the promotion of Chucky to the 1st line coming for a long time. This time I predict the demotion of Malhotra at the beginning of 2015. The reason is very simple: management wants a team firing on all cylinders for the play-offs. Obviously, the 4th line is not doing its part, hence the need for a change.

Next step will be the defense. Guys like Gilbert, Allen and Weaver will be evaluated closely in the next few weeks. Clearly, Beaulieu has earned a spot IMO, and Gonchar is solid enough to be part of the squad in the play-offs. If we consider that Markov, Subban and Emelin are our core three, Gonchar and Beaulieu the next two, we need one more regular to complete the squad. Weaver probably has an edge over Gilbert and Allen, but I doubt that management has much confidence in him. My opinion is that Tinordi will complete the squad. The opportunity will come after New Year. That's what I hope anyway.