Gomez in or sit ?

Kaboom

Gomez sit or in  

5 members have voted

1. 1. SHould Gomez stay in the press box or return to lineup

• Yes get him in he makes the team better
    • Keep him away he can only make the team worse.

I say sit top 9 he is not on our team all three centers have more upside and more to offer. gomez doesn't hit nor is he a goal scorer either so cole patches moen AK cammy hell even blunden on this team has more to offer. He should be in the press box till someone needs to sit or is injured. There is nothing to show case other then he is not worth what is is being paid. I am not saying this guy can't play in the nhl but for the habs he is a waste of mins.

Since joining the Habs, Gomez has only played under Jacques Martin. We've seen so far that a few players have had a resurgence of sorts with Cunneyworth at the helm. It's only logical that Gomez should be given a shot when he's healthy again; if he can be even somewhat productive, it would go a long way toward helping this team. Maybe he starts on the 4th line which wouldn't be the worst thing in the world but he should get a shot to reprove himself with a new coach at the helm.

• Upvote 1

Since joining the Habs, Gomez has only played under Jacques Martin. We've seen so far that a few players have had a resurgence of sorts with Cunneyworth at the helm. It's only logical that Gomez should be given a shot when he's healthy again; if he can be even somewhat productive, it would go a long way toward helping this team. Maybe he starts on the 4th line which wouldn't be the worst thing in the world but he should get a shot to reprove himself with a new coach at the helm.

You do make a good point that he might thrive under a new coach. J.M did give him a lot of mins and he was on the pp I don't hate this guy he does work hard and can pass and skate very well but he just doesn't fit. they tried the the him and gio combo it wasn't like the jersey days.

He's got to play, its not even a question really.

They are a better team with a gomez in the lineup than without him.

In the offseason, I'll listen to the cap space argument on why we need to get rid of him... I'll even agree with it... but for now, he's on the roster, use him. He's still an NHL player.

We aren't good enough not to dress Scott Gomez. He is still the best centerman (way better than Pekanec, but Eller is getting close) to bring the puck in the offensive zone. Like it or not, he is a better playmaker than Plekanec too. The suggestion that he might be better playing under Cunneyworth is interesting. Anyhow, I believe that our new coach can't wait to have him in the line-up. Like he said, it's a good problem to handle having too many players to fill to a position.

Since we decided to tank.. (kidding here).. we might as well play Gomez.. maybe he will thrive with Pacs and Cole (his first time with power forwards on our team) and someone will take him off our hands in the summer.

Since we decided to tank.. (kidding here).. we might as well play Gomez.. maybe he will thrive with Pacs and Cole (his first time with power forwards on our team) and someone will take him off our hands in the summer.

Wisest thing said in this thread. If we want to get rid of Gomer's contract, we should be champing at the bit to put him in a situation where he can succeed and raise his value. If he looks like the Gomez of old over 30-40 games, some cap-floor team will quite possibly be willing to take him off our hands in the off-season. The argument to sit him makes no sense in either on-ice terms or in terms of asset management.

Wisest thing said in this thread. If we want to get rid of Gomer's contract, we should be champing at the bit to put him in a situation where he can succeed and raise his value. If he looks like the Gomez of old over 30-40 games, some cap-floor team will quite possibly be willing to take him off our hands in the off-season. The argument to sit him makes no sense in either on-ice terms or in terms of asset management.

I agree. Gomez is supposed to be one of the guys who wasn't in favor of Martin's system, even though Martin gave him top minutes. IMO this year is done. If we can get Gomez going, who knows someone may take him at the deadline, since his actual dollars are less then his cap hit for the next two years, or he maybe easier to move in the summer. Having said that I don't expect much for Gomez. But, while i want the habs at least try and compete, i think they are done and we may as well try and see if Cunneyworth can get more out of Gomez then Martin did.

We aren't good enough not to dress Scott Gomez. He is still the best centerman (way better than Pekanec, but Eller is getting close) to bring the puck in the offensive zone. Like it or not, he is a better playmaker than Plekanec too. The suggestion that he might be better playing under Cunneyworth is interesting. Anyhow, I believe that our new coach can't wait to have him in the line-up. Like he said, it's a good problem to handle having too many players to fill to a position.

better then pleks? noway and how is eller better then pleks because he had a 5 point night? pleks is no less then a second line center plex has been our top point getter for the last two yrs and just might this year too.

Read his post again carefully, he's saying Gomez is better than the other C's at bringing the puck in the offensive zone, not in terms of overall play. That's something I'm inclined to agree with, skating and stickhandling are two of his best assets. Gaining the zone is an area the Habs have struggled with at times (look no further than tonight as an example), their struggles tend to coincide with games where Gomez isn't there. That's not a coincidence. In terms of making things happen in the offensive end, Gomez has been lacking, I don't think anyone would disagree. But he most certainly is one of, if not the best in terms of centres with regards to getting the puck into the opposition's zone which is what JCPetit is stating.