Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

How about Gio pleks and Markov and Tokarski for Jumbo Joe. Maybe some draft choice switched?

Rights-to-a-UFA, 2nd liner, right-to-a-UFA and an unproven goalie prospect for an almost-PPG centerman?

I hope this isn't the new "Ryder, Halak and a 2nd round pick for insert superstar here"

Rights-to-a-UFA, 2nd liner, right-to-a-UFA and an unproven goalie prospect for an almost-PPG centerman?

I hope this isn't the new "Ryder, Halak and a 2nd round pick for insert superstar here"

Ha Ha I knew that would get everyone talking. I just wanted to see if anyone was paying attention, this place is dead since the season ended. :D

• Upvote 1

2014 PIck trades

Hemsky for 3rd & 4th

Ryan OByrne, Joe Colborne, Mike Brown, Matthew Lombardi, Dustin Penner, Jaro Halak each traded for a 4th

Nick Shultz, Marcel Goc, Ben Lovejoy for a 5th

Matt Kassian for a 6th

What would a Moan, Bourque, Budaj, Tokarski be worth if dealt?

LL for some other struggling 1st rounder?

Sounds good to me. I havent seen him play in Hamilton but I never hear that he is about to make the Habs, why not shake it up a bit.

Poor Louis, seems to have pissed someone in the organization off. I don't think he will get a fair shot here so the most humane thing to do is move him to team that will give him a shot. So yeah a struggling 1st rounder sounds about right. Or 2 seconds, something.

Poor Louis, seems to have pissed someone in the organization off. I don't think he will get a fair shot here so the most humane thing to do is move him to team that will give him a shot. So yeah a struggling 1st rounder sounds about right. Or 2 seconds, something.

There's no way you'd get two 2nd rounders for Leblanc. He has to pass through waivers next year which gives the Habs little leverage if they do want to move him. Chipchura, in a similar situation a few years ago, fetched a 4th. If Leblanc is getting dealt for a pick, that's more likely the area that the pick would be.

There's no way you'd get two 2nd rounders for Leblanc. He has to pass through waivers next year which gives the Habs little leverage if they do want to move him. Chipchura, in a similar situation a few years ago, fetched a 4th. If Leblanc is getting dealt for a pick, that's more likely the area that the pick would be.

Your are such a spoil sport Brian :)

On a more serious note there are some rumours out there that the Habs have asked about Patrick Sharp, maybe nothing to it but that would be exciting.

At 32, Sharps' best years behind him (Likely)?

But, might be quite a catch and $6m for next 3 years is crazy; however, unlike a UFA he cant be added for free. So I think a UFA is likely the smartest way to go?

One thing I like about the rumours and actions emanating from Zoot Suit's offices...between Vanek, Parenteau, Sharp, and even the supposedly forthcoming re-signing of Gionta, they show that our GM understands that W (especially RW) is the one area where this organization has no internal answers. He's got the correct idea. Whether he finds the correct solution remains to be seen, of course.

Id love to bring Iginla in on a similar deal as the one he had in Boston.

we should have done that 2 years ago, don't know if we were in the running but that ship has sailed.

we should have done that 2 years ago, don't know if we were in the running but that ship has sailed.

2 years ago we would have had to pony up assets in a trade. Now all we have to do is offer up the cash and hope he likes the destination. Heck, we showed we're a good team (knocked Boston out of the playoffs) with a all star goalie and a good young core. Mtl can be a pretty epic / exciting place to play when things are going well.

Iginla, unfortunately, has acquired Knuckledragger-itus and will be forced to stay with his primate buddies because of some inbred code.... that's out.

Trade some stuff maybe for Bogosian from the Peg? Guy is a stud.... D needs improvement/changes imho

• Upvote 1

Doubt will go for any new big name d-men, especially one with a ton of years left on contract.

Biggest issue was offense and will replace Vanek with a UFA forward I hope.

That way, get a player without trading away anything, seems what is best about free agency season, 'no strings attached'.

2 years ago we would have had to pony up assets in a trade. Now all we have to do is offer up the cash and hope he likes the destination. Heck, we showed we're a good team (knocked Boston out of the playoffs) with a all star goalie and a good young core. Mtl can be a pretty epic / exciting place to play when things are going well.

Yes you are right. I apologise for my incorrect comment. It seems so long ago that he signed with them.

Iginla, unfortunately, has acquired Knuckledragger-itus and will be forced to stay with his primate buddies because of some inbred code.... that's out.

Hes only been there one season, he could still go into remission. :pray:

• Upvote 1

I think Bergeron needs to make a decision on who to build around at center.

Plekanec

Desharnais

Eller

Galchenyuk

Briere

White

It seems to me that the time for Galchenchuk to move to his natural position at center is upon us. If you package Plekanec/Tokarski together, you could get a pretty good top 6 winger in return, which is what the Habs need.

Not sure who Bergeron is :nuts:; but no one is relying on Briere/White for much, I think White is already toast.

So Eller-DD-Plekanec it is, still to be seen if Galchenyuk can defend well enough to play centre. But, if he can battle/challange one of the other 3 'incumbants' then all the better for Habs as a team. And I do expect him to be a bit more confident/stronger come the fall training camp.

Who wants Bourque? I hope Bergevin can maybe offload him to Aves for a late pick?

Cant see Oil ever going for that (unless really soured on the kid), but I would do it in a sec.

Rumours about Habs inquiring about Sharp (with Toews/Kane needed to be resigned with raises next year), what might Hawks demand in return, other than cap relief...picks/young prospects (Beaulieu, Gallagher?)

Cant see Oil ever going for that (unless really soured on the kid), but I would do it in a sec.

Rumours about Habs inquiring about Sharp (with Toews/Kane needed to be resigned with raises next year), what might Hawks demand in return, other than cap relief...picks/young prospects (Beaulieu, Gallagher?)

Yuck. We are not in a position to trade away that kind of youth. I'll pass.

Anyone heard about a Emelin + Andrighetto for Yakupov deal?

Opinions on such?

My opinion is that whoever came up with that is a Montreal fan who is guilty of wishful thinking. Yakupov is probably worth a top-5 pick in this draft and is still just 20, he's only going to get better. With all due respect to Emelin and Andrighetto, I don't think any team in their right mind would move a top-5 selection for them.