Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

I think this is only true if we make a fetish out of Big Hulking #1 C. Otherwise, we have internal options a-plenty. Galchenyuk, presumably, projects to be a legitimate #1 C. Eller is a tough call, but it's surely not ridiculous to think he might make a pretty good all-around 2nd or 3rd C. Both are quite young. DD is a serviceable option on an offensive line, as long as he is well-surrounded. And that's not even to mention Pleks. Therefore, centre does not seem to be an area for which we should be sacrificing assets in order to improve.

There is where we disagree, and we can do that, after all it is just opinion. We have lots of guys who might play center but we are still looking for a 1A.

Yes can use a top six winger more and would only trade centre for a centre. If trade Plekanec, then look for a Stastny/Thorton or maybe Legwand/Ott.

I think Eller and Galchenyuk (and de la Rose way down the road a 3rd centre) could be a fine top 2 centres, just not yet. Which is why I wouldn't think of trading TP this year.

Much easier to simply plug-in a Moulson- J.Jokinen or the like and let DD-Eller-Galchenyuk compete for who plays centre more.

Joe Thornton would never waive for the Habs and we'd be giving up tons to get him.

It's time to completely ignore centers and focus on available wingers. I think this team will package for a winger and the cost will be warm bodies, not just picks and prospects.

I suspect Bergevin will be kicking the tires on Kane. Lots of displeasure with the player in the Peg and while they don't want to give up on him, they may need to get something for him before his stock potentially drops lower. Doubtful it's even a roster player, at this point, or if it is, it won't be an impact player.

I've pushing for him for over a year now. Just posted a deal I'd like to pursue in another thread: pleks-gorges-moen-pateryn-1st pick for Kane-bogasian. This would also eliminate need to sign Markov for 3 years (would still try to get him for 2). This would give us a kickass defense and add size, speed and skill up front.

I suspect Bergevin will be kicking the tires on Kane. Lots of displeasure with the player in the Peg and while they don't want to give up on him, they may need to get something for him before his stock potentially drops lower. Doubtful it's even a roster player, at this point, or if it is, it won't be an impact player.

I've pushing for him for over a year now. Just posted a deal I'd like to pursue in another thread: pleks-gorges-moen-pateryn-1st pick for Kane-bogasian. This would also eliminate need to sign Markov for 3 years (would still try to get him for 2). This would give us a kickass defense and add size, speed and skill up front.

As you mentioned in the other thread, Kane is only 22. No way we're getting Bogosian and him for 30 year old players, a 25 year old prospect who can't crack the NHL and a first rounder.

Also if we can't get Evander Kane I'd be fine with Blake Wheeler. 27 year old big body natural right winger. Fits the resume perfect to what we should have on the Pacioretty/Desharnais line.

As you mentioned in the other thread, Kane is only 22. No way we're getting Bogosian and him for 30 year old players, a 25 year old prospect who can't crack the NHL and a first rounder.

Also if we can't get Evander Kane I'd be fine with Blake Wheeler. 27 year old big body natural right winger. Fits the resume perfect to what we should have on the Pacioretty/Desharnais line.

I actually think it would be harder to get Wheeler - unless he pushes for a move. Wheeler is a guy they'd want to build around, whereas, Kane is a guy everyone in Winnepeg wants moved out and Bogasian is a guy who just hasn't taken the next step - part of the Edmonton syndrome of being in a losing god awfully run organization.

I actually think Gorges/Pleks would be two guys that the Jets and Oilers would overpay for - there the kind of veteran leaderships both teams need.

You guys are in Peewee's playhouse re Evander Kane. It's going to take Plekanec and a mid level first at the least to get him. Not spare parts.

How about this?

Mark Stuart/Olli Join en

For

Pacioretty

Or

Zach Bogosian/2nd

For

Alex Galchenyuk

Or

Jacob Trouba

For

Andrei Markov

These are the trades we are proposing.

• Upvote 1

I still like the idea of getting a goal-scoring winger to replace Vanek.

To Montreal:

- Patrik Sharp

To Chicago:

- David Desharnais

- Peter Budaj

- 2nd tier prospect

Chicago needs cap relief to sign Toews and Kane long-term. Plus, they're always looking for a quality backup for Crawford. At $5.9M for 3 more years, Sharp is the logical guy to trade.

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Sharp (via trade)

Bourque - Plekanec - Gallagher

Bournival - Eller - Jokinen (UFA signing)

Prust - Briere - Weise

Moen, White

Chicago needs cap relief to sign Toews and Kane long-term. Plus, they're always looking for a quality backup for Crawford. At $5.9M for 3 more years, Sharp is the logical guy to trade.

Not anymore, Antti Raanta is the backup there and should be for the foreseeable future. Your proposal also only saves a million, Chicago has easier ways to free up a million in cap space without dealing one of their top forwards for Desharnais, a backup goalie, and a second tier prospect. Kris Versteeg is who they'll dump for cheap to free up money for 2015-16. After that, the expected cap increase from the TV deal should cover the rest.

You guys are in Peewee's playhouse re Evander Kane. It's going to take Plekanec and a mid level first at the least to get him. Not spare parts.

How about this?

Mark Stuart/Olli Join en

For

Pacioretty

Or

Zach Bogosian/2nd

For

Alex Galchenyuk

Or

Jacob Trouba

For

Andrei Markov

These are the trades we are proposing.

We are not trading patches or galchenyuk thank you

We are not trading patches or galchenyuk thank you

He's not advocating trading them, he's commenting on how poor some of the proposals have been. Some of the proposed trades would be equivalent to the Habs trading the players for the hypothetical offers mentioned; there's no way the Habs do those just as there's no way teams are accepting Montreal's spare parts for premier talent (or good players plus three other small parts).

He's not advocating trading them, he's commenting on how poor some of the proposals have been. Some of the proposed trades would be equivalent to the Habs trading the players for the hypothetical offers mentioned; there's no way the Habs do those just as there's no way teams are accepting Montreal's spare parts for premier talent (or good players plus three other small parts).

OK just so we all agree we are not trading patches or galchenyuk.

Not anymore, Antti Raanta is the backup there and should be for the foreseeable future. Your proposal also only saves a million, Chicago has easier ways to free up a million in cap space without dealing one of their top forwards for Desharnais, a backup goalie, and a second tier prospect. Kris Versteeg is who they'll dump for cheap to free up money for 2015-16. After that, the expected cap increase from the TV deal should cover the rest.

You're right, my proposal saves the Hawks $1M this year, but Toews and Kane are signed for this year. What happens when they both ask for $8.5M in 2015? They get Desharnais at $3.5M to replace Sharp's $5.9M. They either keep Budaj if Raanta still isn't ready (he sucked last year) or they cut him lose.

Either way they save $2.5M and get a playmaking center and a prospect.

Habs gets their sniper. That's how I envisioned this.

Still need quality stuff for Sharp and many teams would offer a bunch for him and teams like Buffalo/Fla/Oil maybe Aves etc have a lot to offer if Sharp allows a deal like that to go down.

I would for sure, be painful for Habs (in picks/prospects/players) to get Sharp, whereas a UFA will be salary only.

But aint no UFAs like Sharp around and he may be worth mortgaging the Habs future to add him, but will cost more than DD, more like an Eller+stuff.

I think a bit lower quality (45-60 point guy) UFA winger is way to go.

You're right, my proposal saves the Hawks $1M this year, but Toews and Kane are signed for this year. What happens when they both ask for $8.5M in 2015? They get Desharnais at $3.5M to replace Sharp's $5.9M. They either keep Budaj if Raanta still isn't ready (he sucked last year) or they cut him lose.

Either way they save $2.5M and get a playmaking center and a prospect.

Habs gets their sniper. That's how I envisioned this.

The cap is going to jump significantly after 2014-15 as a result of the new TV deal. Early estimates are around the $6-$8 million range. Kane and Toews make $6.3 M each now, give them a couple million more each and the new TV deal covers the increases without having to turf Sharp to keep them around. They don't need to move Sharp at all. As for the goalie situation in Chicago, they'd take Raanta any day over Budaj. Raanta is young, has upside, and can be moved into the #1 spot if Crawford gets hurt. Budaj showed this past year he can't do that.

Basically, Chicago deals away one of their most dangerous forwards for a small top six centre upgrade, a so-so prospect, and a little bit of cap space that won't come into play much until 2015-16. They can do much better than that if they deal away Sharp.

I am really suprised nobody has brought up Vinny (the big wallet slows him down) Lecavelier, so I will just for shots and giggles how about Briere to Philly and Lecav to Montreal? Eh?Eh? Let the flaming begin. :flaming:

I am really suprised nobody has brought up Vinny (the big wallet slows him down) Lecavelier, so I will just for shots and giggles how about Briere to Philly and Lecav to Montreal? Eh?Eh? Let the flaming begin. :flaming:

There's a good reason no one has brought it up...no one in their right mind would do that. The big advantage to Briere's deal is that he has just one year left. Lecavalier costs more and has four years remaining.

Hahaha.

Why stop there, when we need a RD, and Breezer is only 43? Briesbois is probably faster than Murray at this point.

Well now from the rumours, Philly is willing to eat part of his salary (cap hit 4.5 million) Briere is only one year but does not fit the team and costs 4.0 million per year. What the heck we like old has beens in Montreal, we have Briere don't we? Vinny is also only 34 so his is not a 35+ contract. I know it is not going to happen I was just suprised because every time he has come free or even if he has an 11 year contract for a billion dollars there is always someone who wants to bring him to Montreal. This time not a word. Apparently he wants to go to florida, can't really see that happening either. Philly picks up 1/2 his salary we have him for 4 years at 9 million and lose Briere, that almost sounds good.