Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

Guest Stogey24

Pretty funny that the Hawks just acquired Jimmy Waite as their Goalie coach, the younger brother of Stephane

The problem for Chicago isn't so much Kane/Toews getting big money on the salary cap but the mistakes Chicago made in other places for their cap. Bickell making $4M is too much for them to handle. Campbell making $6M is $3M more than they should be ever spending on him. They have a bottom six consisting of several players making $2M (Versteeg, Richards, Shaw) and over $1M (Smith, Kreuger). The defence is a bit better balanced but Leddy at $2.7M is too much.

They have five players paid like top six players but then have Saad and Teravainen who will likely play top six. That means one guy has to go. You move Leddy, Bickell and Versteeg and suddenly the contracts for Kane and Toews fit just fine. Then again you still have the Campbell albatross of a contract. He's pretty much the new Marc-Andre Fleury.

The problem for Chicago isn't so much Kane/Toews getting big money on the salary cap but the mistakes Chicago made in other places for their cap. Bickell making $4M is too much for them to handle. Campbell making $6M is $3M more than they should be ever spending on him. They have a bottom six consisting of several players making $2M (Versteeg, Richards, Shaw) and over $1M (Smith, Kreuger). The defence is a bit better balanced but Leddy at $2.7M is too much.

They have five players paid like top six players but then have Saad and Teravainen who will likely play top six. That means one guy has to go. You move Leddy, Bickell and Versteeg and suddenly the contracts for Kane and Toews fit just fine. Then again you still have the Campbell albatross of a contract. He's pretty much the new Marc-Andre Fleury.

A 30+ pts dman at 2,7M$ is just fine IMO.

And who the hell is Campbell ?? Do you mean Crawford ?

Isn't Campbell on Florida now?

I did mean Crawford. I get my overpaid Blackhawks players confused.

Leddy isn't good enough as a defenceman to make it worth it.

ooookay.

How much would you pay Nick Leddy ?

You wouldn't be giving away Beaulieu, but trading skilled young d for skilled young forward.

Would love to see Beaulieu be a top pairing d-man this year, but same can be said about Gallagher getting 50 goals this year...nice dream.

Don't think anyone questions Beaulieu's confidence, skills & skating; but, his mental game is suspect.

As well, Habs have guys with good puck skills in Hamilton, in Pateryn, Bennett, Dietz, Thrower (and uggg... Nygren), which may make parting with Beaulieu for skilled forward palatable (unlikely but wouldn't be a huge surprise).

yes, I agree that you'd have to give up quality to get quality in return...however, i'd take beaulieu over those defensemen anyday..and any two nygrens! isn't he the guy that played 1 shift in winnepeg, was totally awestruck, then therrien pinned him to the bench? three weeks later he moved to Sweden. he may have sealed his fate right there. either way, I bet beaulieu solidifies his place by November and has an amazing career in mtl

We all hope so.

I have seen too many offensive d-men who can shoot/score but simply cant defend. And a player who cant defend a lick should only be a forward.

But Beaulieu is young, can friggin skate, pass and great puck skills, but as we saw in last couple games vs Rangers, his decision making needs improvement and likely more focused training will help (staying out of papers (courts) for wrong reasons would be a first step).

But, not sure how much he would be valued by rebuilding team like; Oilers, Canucks, Flames? Alot?

Would they trade a top forward prospect for him?

Beaulieu has potential, but at this stage, he would be a sweetener to go along with a 1st for a big fish at the deadline.

With the absence of Gorges and Gionta, trading more veterans would be a disaster. I'm not even sure they need another forward at this point. We have three good lines, two of then will be going on a given night.

Pac-Desh-Gallagher

Galchenyuk-Plekanec-Parenteau

Bourque-Eller-Weise

Moen/Bour-Malhotra-Prust

Good first line, and the best fourth line in the league. The only real questiom mark is who will dig out the puck on the second line? Wise deserves a shot on the third line, and I think he can be that grinder that Eller and stale ass Rene Bourqie need.

I'd trade pleks way before I'd move Beaulieu. At worst he projects to be Hainsey. However, he has potential to be as good as Letang. I'd want to give him a solid chance over a year to decide, do we have a potential elite dman, who can step into Markov's role, or do we have someone who seems as uncoachable as del zotto has been thus far in his career. If at the this year, it seems like the latter, you move him and can still get a pretty good asset for him.

I have been of Pleks biggest supporters- even through the "playing like a little girl" comment and had pushed for a long term deal, before PG actually gave him one. However, I think he I'd now one our best trade assets, that can yield a solid return. We have a log jam at centre. DD IS OUR #1 until someone (most likely Galchenyuk overtakes him - which probably won't happen this year). We have a great opportunity to give Eller and Galchenyuk a shot as the 2a/2b role this year. I'd start Eller in the 2a role at the beginning of the year, but give both of them quality wingers to work with. Pleks can get those quality wingers. In the playoffs, Eller showed he can play the shutdown role, so defensively, I think he can replace Pleks. The question is, can he consistently put up 50 points that pleks is providing now.

Beaulieu has potential, but at this stage, he would be a sweetener to go along with a 1st for a big fish at the deadline.

With the absence of Gorges and Gionta, trading more veterans would be a disaster. I'm not even sure they need another forward at this point. We have three good lines, two of then will be going on a given night.

Pac-Desh-Gallagher

Galchenyuk-Plekanec-Parenteau

Bourque-Eller-Weise

Moen/Bour-Malhotra-Prust

Good first line, and the best fourth line in the league. The only real questiom mark is who will dig out the puck on the second line? Wise deserves a shot on the third line, and I think he can be that grinder that Eller and stale ass Rene Bourqie need.

dustin penner has been mentioned lately in the rumor mill...could he be the other big forward on 1st line? dd seems to thrive playing with 2 big guys. I haven't seen enough of him in the past 3 years, so i'm not sure what's left in his tank?

Slightly more engaged in regular season, albeit less physical than Bourque, but just as lazy.

dustin penner has been mentioned lately in the rumor mill...could he be the other big forward on 1st line? dd seems to thrive playing with 2 big guys. I haven't seen enough of him in the past 3 years, so i'm not sure what's left in his tank?

will plekanics and a 4th rounder bring him to mtl?

No, because Plek makes more like Machine said, but would a young blue chip goaltending prospect(Fucale) that could win in Chicago(on an ELC instead of 6 m for Crawford)do it? I'd be all for that.... :halm:

Plek makes more than Bickell...

And is worth a whole lot more. It's worth noting for those who want Bickell was a healthy scratch for a few games last year and recorded all of 15 points. That's not a contract a lot of teams are willingly going to take on. Chicago will want to move him for sure though.

No, because Plek makes more like Machine said, but would a young blue chip goaltending prospect(Fucale) that could win in Chicago(on an ELC instead of 6 m for Crawford)do it? I'd be all for that.... :halm:

No way I'd move Fucale for Bickell. People here don't like Bourque, Bickell is a less-skilled, more inconsistent, and more expensive Bourque (with comparable playoff PPG). I don't think Chicago really needs a goalie anytime soon but I suspect they'd gleefully take that and run.

Teams aren't going to part with assets to bail Chicago out of any cap woes.

42: Amount of games last season Bickell played where he played less than 13 minutes in the whole game.

2: Amount of games last playoffs Bickell played where he played less than 13 minutes in the whole game.

He's a weird player, but it's like him and Bourque and Penner are in the same category. Big guys who only wake up in the playoffs.

42: Amount of games last season Bickell played where he played less than 13 minutes in the whole game.

2: Amount of games last playoffs Bickell played where he played less than 13 minutes in the whole game.

He's a weird player, but it's like him and Bourque and Penner are in the same category. Big guys who only wake up in the playoffs.

that is weird..wth is with these guys? hard partiers or what? sure seems like bourque plays with a hangover!

with Chicago just re-signing toews and kane, they'll surely part with bickell! he's making 4+ and they can't afford him now...will plekanics and a 4th rounder bring him to mtl?

Wtf ?! I'd give Plekanec, but receive Bickell + a 1st from the Hawks. Nothing less. And even then... Fawk Bickell. Plekanec is 100X more valuable.

Apparently none of you have watched Bickell play in the playoffs :rastapop:..... and yeah, I didn't say trade Plekanec for him, I said Fucale, who hasn't really done anything yet, I'd definitely want a good pick, or prospect too....
Chicago is going to have to shed salary, and Crawford at 6 mil has got to be a problem, but woe is me, I'm not a GM, I just know that the Habs need an unstoppable force on the boards, and in the alley if need be, and someone that can play a few more minutes per game than a Parros.... spit ballin' dudes....just spit ballin' ;)

How bout Hossa then? :halm:

my sentiments exactly. bickell plays that tough playoff style hockey. we need more guys like him. plekanics line was highly ineffective in 5-on-5(mostly because of giontas weak board play)...and during playoffs, 90% of the game is at even strength