Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

Same skill? In what way? How do you figure?

Brendan Gallagher is 5'9" and put up 41 points. Would I give him up for 6'2" Nino Biederreiter who only had five less points? Not a chance. Would I give him up for Nick Bjugstad, 6'6" with only three less points? Not a chance.

I would trade Gallagher for Bjugstad in a heart beat. With Pacioretty and another thirty goal winger Bjug could put up 30/50 in two or three years. He's still a very green rookie, but he's going cycle opposing defenses into mincemeat in a couple seasons.

The Panthers refused to trade him straight up for Luongo a couple summers ago.

We talk about making Plekanec expendable, well Das Bjugler makes ALL the centers expendable.

Guest Stogey24

I would trade Gallagher for Bjugstad in a heart beat. With Pacioretty and another thirty goal winger Bjug could put up 30/50 in two or three years. He's still a very green rookie, but he's going cycle opposing defenses into mincemeat in a couple seasons.

The Panthers refused to trade him straight up for Luongo a couple summers ago.

We talk about making Plekanec expendable, well Das Bjugler makes ALL the centers expendable.

Bjugstad is going to be sick. I'm sure you've got a first hand look at him too.

Bjugstad is going to be sick. I'm sure you've got a first hand look at him too.

He looks really good, hopefully getting guys like Willie Mitchell and Dave Boll and will help mentor these guys instead of Kovalev and Scott Gomez. He cycles and shields off players brilliantly.

I'm very surprised that no one is talking about Kane over here. Everything is pointing to him being moved this season sometime if not before.

I'd do Plex, a prospect like Fucalle, and next years first.(since we now have two 2nds)

We have a stocked cupboard if we can get Kane I'd say we go for it.

I'm very surprised that no one is talking about Kane over here. Everything is pointing to him being moved this season sometime if not before.

I'd do Plex, a prospect like Fucalle, and next years first.(since we now have two 2nds)

I like the idea of going and grabbling a player like Kane, but the only thing I don't like is how our LW is stronger than RW already. Acquiring a potential stud on the left side just creates more disparity.

Same skill? In what way? How do you figure?

Brendan Gallagher is 5'9" and put up 41 points. Would I give him up for 6'2" Nino Biederreiter who only had five less points? Not a chance. Would I give him up for Nick Bjugstad, 6'6" with only three less points? Not a chance.

I don't see MB ever getting a chance to make that deal..

I don't see MB ever getting a chance to make that deal..

I wouldn't make it. Nobody talks about those players the way they talk about Brendan Gallagher. He's only getting started. It takes more than a few inches to make me want to replace Gally. It'd take a Ryan Johansen type player to make me want to.

Guest Stogey24

I wouldn't make it. Nobody talks about those players the way they talk about Brendan Gallagher. He's only getting started. It takes more than a few inches to make me want to replace Gally. It'd take a Ryan Johansen type player to make me want to.

That's why your not a g.m ;). Im sorry to say it but Gallgher doesn't even come close to Bujugstad. The kid is 6'6 220 and put up 16g 22a which lead Florida in points in his first full season. Good shut down guy with a laser of a shot. He's honestly a model player. Watch this kid next year if Florida's struggles don't persist. He's a gem.

Winnipeg has a lot of C's and a pretty good goalie prospect already in Hellebuyck. They can likely get more of a return that fits their needs than that. It's also worth mentioning that the Habs value character in a player. Kane has frequently demonstrated that he's not a character player and is going to cause some trouble both on and off the ice. I won't suggest that this means they wouldn't go after him no matter what but I think that they'd be more hesitant than other teams to actively pursue him at a high asking price.

I say Bergevin is making zero 'significant' trades before season, juts cant see it happening and don't see spots available.

Maybe a swap of Moan-Budaj (and still hoping Bourque goes, but think are stuck with him and may be on a short lease)

That's why your not a g.m ;). Im sorry to say it but Gallgher doesn't even come close to Bujugstad. The kid is 6'6 220 and put up 16g 22a which lead Florida in points in his first full season. Good shut down guy with a laser of a shot. He's honestly a model player. Watch this kid next year if Florida's struggles don't persist. He's a gem.

I agree 100% stogey..bjugstad is an elite first liner..Gallagher is a 2nd liner. no comparison. theres no gm in the world that would trade bjugstad for Gallagher. although I love his heart and motor, id rather take bjugstad

OK, I think 99.9% would take Bjugstad, but was never a comparison between he and Gallagher, not sure who proposed that?

Like saying Patrick Kane is better than Lucic, no one would trade the smaller guy for bigger, but dumb comparison.

Look in hall of fame and majority are average sized players and I just say SIZE blinds some dumber GMs (who are so dumb or lazy they cant tie their own tie) and many fans and is overrated (cept on defense, where size/strength can be a big advantage around own net/in corners).

OK, I think 99.9% would take Bjugstad, but was never a comparison between he and Gallagher, not sure who proposed that?

Like saying Patrick Kane is better than Lucic, no one would trade the smaller guy for bigger, but dumb comparison.

Look in hall of fame and majority are average sized players and I just say SIZE blinds some dumber GMs (who are so dumb or lazy they cant tie their own tie) and many fans and is overrated (cept on defense, where size/strength can be a big advantage around own net/in corners).

i'd take Patrick kane over lucic any day of the week and twice on Saturday

100% agree

Guest Stogey24

Patrick Kane can be a lazy back checker at times. Lucic is a better all around player.

Patrick Kane can be a lazy back checker at times. Lucic is a better all around player.

Let's look at this with some kind of childish EA sports NHL ratings.

Kane would be a 91 offense, 74 defense, 84 overall player.

Lucic would be a 78 offense, 80 defense, 79 overall player.

Personally, I'd sacrifice a bit of Lucic's all aroundness to get the offense provided by Patrick Kan anyday.

Holy moly guys!

No one in their right mind would trade Kane for Testicular-boy.

It was a joke comparison not to be taken seriously, exact same as someone proposed Gallagher for Bjegstad, utter foolishness! :bonk:

I say Bergevin is making zero 'significant' trades before season, juts cant see it happening and don't see spots available.

Maybe a swap of Moan-Budaj (and still hoping Bourque goes, but think are stuck with him and may be on a short lease)

After Subban gets his $8.5/8 year deal and Eller signs for $2.25M/2 year deal, I bet MB trades Moen and Budaj for salary dump reasons. He needs that $3.2M savings for later on in the year.

After Subban gets his $8.5/8 year deal and Eller signs for $2.25M/2 year deal, I bet MB trades Moen and Budaj for salary dump reasons. He needs that $3.2M savings for later on in the year.

Given the ruthlessness he showed in dumping Gorges, I think you just might be right

Given the ruthlessness he showed in dumping Gorges, I think you just might be right

Falling in love with the players is for the fans. Building a Stanley Cup Champion falls to the GM. MB knows that if he listens to the heartsop fans he will be joining them in the stands.

If those are the numbers, the Habs would be well under the cap heading into next year, they wouldn't really need to do any salary dumps. As for dealing Budaj, there aren't many (or possibly any) teams looking for a backup right now. There's still a goalie or two to sign in free agency and Reimer still has to be dealt out of Toronto, by the time that's done, there's a decent chance that no teams will be on the market for a #2 goalie. Bergevin may want to move him (or Tokarski) but I expect that he's going to have a harder time moving one of them than most think.