Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

So might they just waive Budaj? Or will they maybe wait till later in fall to see if any takers/injuries?

There's no guarantee it'd be Budaj leaving. If the Habs are trying to save on the cap it will be him but if it doesn't much matter to them, they may take their chances with Tokarski knowing the teams interested in a backup will be low.

They could also carry 3 goalies as a couple of teams did last year and wait to see if someone gets hurt or struggles elsewhere.

Holy moly guys!

No one in their right mind would trade Kane for Testicular-boy.

It was a joke comparison not to be taken seriously, exact same as someone proposed Gallagher for Bjegstad, utter foolishness! :bonk:

MoLG proposed not trading Gallagher for Bjugstad, but to be fair, he was the last name on a list.

If those are the numbers, the Habs would be well under the cap heading into next year, they wouldn't really need to do any salary dumps. As for dealing Budaj, there aren't many (or possibly any) teams looking for a backup right now. There's still a goalie or two to sign in free agency and Reimer still has to be dealt out of Toronto, by the time that's done, there's a decent chance that no teams will be on the market for a #2 goalie. Bergevin may want to move him (or Tokarski) but I expect that he's going to have a harder time moving one of them than most think.

I could see Toronto signing Brodeur or Thomas if Reimer is traded.

I could see Toronto signing Brodeur or Thomas if Reimer is traded.

Same here. I could also see Thomas to NJ; if he goes there and Brodeur to TOR, that more or less could quash the entire trade market for backups for now. There's still a couple of wildcard teams (MIN/WPG) but they could wait until training camp or into the season.

I think Brodeur and Thomas should both retire. NJ and Toronto aren't winning a cup anytime soon, why would they sign there? What's left for a guy like Brodeur to accomplish..?

I think Brodeur and Thomas should both retire. NJ and Toronto aren't winning a cup anytime soon, why would they sign there? What's left for a guy like Brodeur to accomplish..?

Brodeur still wants to play (as of about a week or two ago). If that's still the case, he'll sign where there's an opening. Same with Thomas. He was alright last year and even played for the US at the Worlds (not well though). If they want to play, they can't be too picky about where that may be since pickings are slim.

Just Bjegstad (sp?) has so much potential, no way I would even compare Gallagher to he.

Love Gallagher's heart and 'gumption' but the other kid has makings of being a super 'power' forward that could be a handful for any d-man to contain.

Brodeur still wants to play (as of about a week or two ago). If that's still the case, he'll sign where there's an opening. Same with Thomas. He was alright last year and even played for the US at the Worlds (not well though). If they want to play, they can't be too picky about where that may be since pickings are slim.

Plus I think Brodeur needs the money to pay alimony after his messy divorce. Didn't he sleep with his kids' babysitter?

Plus I think Brodeur needs the money to pay alimony after his messy divorce. Didn't he sleep with his kids' babysitter?

that was a lot of years ago I sure it's all cool now

I'm pretty sure that it was his brother in law's wife, not his babysitter.

I'm pretty sure that it was his brother in law's wife, not his babysitter.

The babysitter was allegedly, Gilmour's which got him traded from St. Louis to Calgary

Buffalo still values him, otherwise he'd be a Detroit Red Wing. The price is a little high from what I've heard.

I think he could be one hell of a defence man I would love to have a 6 ft 8 in guy on my blueline.

Patrick Sharp as a Hab eh?

$5.9, 32 year old LW signed for 3 more years.

For Eller, Beaulieu & 1st?

Would that be realistic deal? Hawks want some cap relief with Eller/Beaulieu, Sharp had big year and good value vet.

I think he would look good in a Hab Jersey.

Would that be realistic deal? Hawks want some cap relief with Eller/Beaulieu, Sharp had big year and good value vet.

100% against this foolishness! eller is about to have a breakout season, beaulieu has the potential to be an allstar for many years, and you want to throw in a first rounder just for kicks? I thought bob gainey left the team a few years ago? holy mother of god, what were you thinking? eller was our best forward on the way to the eastern finals...wow don, not cool

that's WAY too much to give up for Sharp! I wouldn't even be willing to move Beaulieu and Eller for Sharp.

Guest Stogey24

100% against this foolishness! eller is about to have a breakout season, beaulieu has the potential to be an allstar for many years, and you want to throw in a first rounder just for kicks? I thought bob gainey left the team a few years ago? holy mother of god, what were you thinking? eller was our best forward on the way to the eastern finals...wow don, not cool

Take it easy... It would take a roster player and a first rounder to get him. Pretty good resume.

Did I say I would do it, want to do it? No

I asked would it be equal deal, Hawks wouldn't give away a 78point guy for Eller and chump change.he is a

I think it would take a lot, or would take a lot to outbid other teams (Like Florida) for him.

But, you get him for 3 years and he already is one solid winger and get to move Galchenyuk to centre behind DD and Plekanec.

Guest Stogey24

Did I say I would do it, want to do it? No

I asked would it be equal deal, Hawks wouldn't give away a 78point guy for Eller and chump change.he is a

I think it would take a lot, or would take a lot to outbid other teams (Like Florida) for him.

But, you get him for 3 years and he already is one solid winger and get to move Galchenyuk to centre behind DD and Plekanec.

Look at how vulnerable our lineup becomes if Plek gets hurt. Eller was excellent defensively during the playoffs. I know no one will like this, but I personally see DD as the expendable centre. Eller,Plek, Galchenyuk,Manny

You think is too risky to trade any centre and are fine with Galchenyuk to play wing for most of year?

Do you think Habs have more offense than last year, which is what was glaring weakness all year (till Vanek)?

If traded Eller (+stuff) for Sharp, Habs should be better offensively wouldn't you have to say.

You think is too risky to trade any centre and are fine with Galchenyuk to play wing for most of year?

Do you think Habs have more offense than last year, which is what was glaring weakness all year (till Vanek)?

If traded Eller (+stuff) for Sharp, Habs should be better offensively wouldn't you have to say.

I'd sacrifice Eller anyday if we can keep Plekanec for 3-4 more seasons.

I made it pretty clear on July 1st, I don't believe that we upgraded our roster one bit this summer. At any position.

Really? I would think we are more balanced at d, Parenteau may do much better then Briere(?) and the kids are all older and a young LH d will make the roster in Oct, maybe 2?

And Price has convinced every last person I can think of that he is one of top goalies in league, no question.

So seems a bright future and deep playoff run should be goal, unlike last fall when I (and vast majority of Habfans) thought they would battle just to make playoffs.