Pacioretty nominated for the Masterton

dlbalr

Is there nobody from Boston would could win it? How about poor old Chara for recovering so heroically from the emotional turmoil of almost killing a punk who was probably faking it anyway?

Is there nobody from Boston would could win it? How about poor old Chara for recovering so heroically from the emotional turmoil of almost killing a punk who was probably faking it anyway?

Maybe for hurting his hand a little when pushing Pacs head into the stancion.

If anyone else wins this year, the league is more screwed up then i think.

Evidently, there are some in the Montreal media who think he wasn't the most deserving player on the Habs let alone the league. Apparently Desharnais to them is a more deserving candidate.

Evidently, there are some in the Montreal media who think he wasn't the most deserving player on the Habs let alone the league. Apparently Desharnais to them is a more deserving candidate.

I'll tone down my reaction from what it was when I read those arguments...

Ridiculous.

Not to discredit Desharnais for all of his achievements, but Patches best exemplifies the spirit of the award. That is, perseverance, sportsmanship, and dedication to ice hockey. He has shown all of those qualities in recovering from his injury.

Ridiculous.

Not to discredit Desharnais for all of his achievements, but Patches best exemplifies the spirit of the award. That is, perseverance, sportsmanship, and dedication to ice hockey. He has shown all of those qualities in recovering from his injury.

Patches is lacking one strong quality to the Montreal media....he does not have the 'being french' quality.

Yep the great members of the French media. I think I could hate these guys more then chara.

Or having to endure the stressful ordeal of playing while a police investigation went on for 8 or 9 months.

Maybe for hurting his hand a little when pushing Pacs head into the stancion.

Ridiculous.

That isn't to say in a normal year that Desharnais wouldn't be a good candidate. Here's a player that came up the hard way and has, at least for one season, blossomed into a productive 60-ish point player. He would be a solid choice most years but this is a special situation.

At either rate, both are more deserving than last year's winner, Ian Laperriere, whose dedication consisted of cashing an insurance cheque on the 1st and 15th of every month as he missed all of last year with a concussion.

That isn't to say in a normal year that Desharnais wouldn't be a good candidate. Here's a player that came up the hard way and has, at least for one season, blossomed into a productive 60-ish point player. He would be a solid choice most years but this is a special situation.

At either rate, both are more deserving than last year's winner, Ian Laperriere, whose dedication consisted of cashing an insurance cheque on the 1st and 15th of every month as he missed all of last year with a concussion.

Last year was a travesty, and like you said, there are many deserving candidates this year. If Crosby had played more this year, you'd have to think he'd be a shoo-in.

Last year was a travesty, and like you said, there are many deserving candidates this year. If Crosby had played more this year, you'd have to think he'd be a shoo-in.

I'd say regardless of how much he plays that he's the favourite despite what Pacioretty has also gone through.