Panthers vs Habs, March 27, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't Button say that Forsberg was just as big as Girgorenko? The ISS March list on TSN's draft page lists Grigs as 6'3" & 200 lbs, and Forsberg is listed as 6'1", 176 lbs. From what I remember about the WJC tournament, Forsberg was maybe 6'2", but he was not as big as Grigorenko.

I looked at Button's wikipedia page, and it says he was was the Flames GM from 2000-2003, He was responsible for releasing Martin St. Louis, but wiki claims he's credited for building the team that went to the 2003 finals. Player acquisitions of Craig Conroy, Martin Gelinas and Jordan Leopold were from Button. Meh.

He also called Forsberg a center.

Button was a very good scout for the Dallas Stars but wasn't very good in the 2000s for either the Flames or Leafs.

One would be okay though.

Lots of teams above the Habs picked up points.

David misses the empty net

TANK

Wolski boom.

1-0 Cats

PLex stopped.

Sammy for the win.

Price with a blocker save

Nice try by Louie.

Good loss.

Well Islanders won. That puts them 3 points ahead of us with a game in hand, so I think we are safe there.

But those Leafs are close.

and I really feel they win the lottery

THe NHL will want a spectacle for the winter classic with Detroit.

24 loss' this year by 1 goal. So let me ask you this. Are we really that bad or if we had the salaries of markov, Gomez, Gionta, Cammalleri actually producing would we have been in a playoff position?

24 loss' this year by 1 goal. So let me ask you this. Are we really that bad or if we had the salaries of markov, Gomez, Gionta, Cammalleri actually producing would we have been in a playoff position?

We would have the division lead if Gomer produced as well as the other two. 60-70 points from Gomer and 30-40 goal seasons from Cammy and Gio on top of Cole and Max at 30 would have probably won us the east.

We would have the division lead if Gomer produced as well as the other two. 60-70 points from Gomer and 30-40 goal seasons from Cammy and Gio on top of Cole and Max at 30 would have probably won us the east.

What if's and could of's

Make me a sad boy.

This is what drives me crazy. After last season, everyone said we needed to add 1-2 power forwards and we'd be right there. Well, guess what: we added the superb Erik Cole and Max Pacioretty emerged as the 30+-goal power forward he was destined to be. So what happens in the year when we FINALLY address our crying need for power forwards? Our blueline collapses (Markov out, Wiz walks, Hammer goes unreplaced), Gio misses the whole season, Cammalleri decides he wants out, Gomez utterly fails to re-emerge, and Plekanec has a godawful season.

Swell. It would not surprise me if NEXT season one or all of Cole, Patches, Subban, or Price suffer long-term injuries or some other bizzareness unfolds. God forbid we should get all or even most of our guns firing all at once.