Gauthier Fired

ForumGhost

Larry Carrière leaves the bench and return to asst-GM role, in a more expanded role (draft preparation)

Pierre Groulx will be behind the bench for the last 5 games, replacing Carrière

Larry Carrière leaves the bench and return to asst-GM role, in a more expanded role (draft preparation)

Pierre Groulx will be behind the bench for the last 5 games, replacing Carrière

Because evidently we didn't already have enough changes behind the bench this year...glad to see Carriere is sticking around though, I do like his track record. I wouldn't discount him from the full-time discussion. Gainey is also going to stay with the club in a lesser capacity.

Because evidently we didn't already have enough changes behind the bench this year...glad to see Carriere is sticking around though, I do like his track record. I wouldn't discount him from the full-time discussion. Gainey is also going to stay with the club in a lesser capacity.

Gainey will likely work as an ambassador. He's earned a retirement from serious hockey work.

My Top Five:

1. Jim Nill (assistant GM of Detroit, easily the most ready person not currently a GM in the NHL. Incredible experience and success in Detroit.)

2. Julien Brisebois (assistant GM of Tampa, former assistant GM of Montreal. Young, fits most characteristics of what the organization will be looking for)

3. Paul Fenton (assistant GM of the Nashville Predators, knows consistency)

4. Doug Yinst (President/GM of Hershey Bears, long shot due to his long time experience in Hershey)

5. Pierre Lacroix (if healthy)

Outside Candidates:

- Doug Risebrough (former GM of the Wild)

- Vincent Damphousse (zero experience but my all-time favourite player)

- Patrick Roy (will likely get coaching job but QMJHL experience as GM)

- Larry Carrière (not a quality resume)

- Francois Giguere (no idea what he's doing now but had good experience 20 years ago)

- Marc Bergevin (French Canadian, years of experience in Chicago, good record in Chicago for their scouting. Probably number six on my list)

Don't ever touch:

- Pierre McGuire

- Jacques Martin

Brisebois and Bergevin would still be top choices regardless of the French requirement.

I bet that it will be Brisebois. As for the coach, I am far from being sure that it will be Roy.

Not a fan of Brisebois... if you are clearing out the old management team, he shouldn't be brought in.

He was the capologist who examined all the moves in 2009 including Gomez's contract, and was part of that decision. Not the GM, that was Gainey and he gets the most blame, but what was Brisebois' position on trading for Gomez, signing Cammy, Gionta, and Spacek, and how it would all play out under the cap?

Plus as we've seen from dlblair, he wasn't the best at even managing the day to day cap concerns.

Not a fan of Brisebois... if you are clearing out the old management team, he shouldn't be brought in.

He was the capologist who examined all the moves in 2009 including Gomez's contract, and was part of that decision. Not the GM, that was Gainey and he gets the most blame, but what was Brisebois' position on trading for Gomez, signing Cammy, Gionta, and Spacek, and how it would all play out under the cap?

Plus as we've seen from dlblair, he wasn't the best at even managing the day to day cap concerns.

I was fine with all of those moves. We did fit them all under the cap. Which prospects did we sacrifice?

Good move by mr Molson and I like the timing as well. No need to wait til the season is over. The sooner we can find a new GM the better he'll be prepared for the draft and UFA season.