Projected lines for Montreal:

Pacioretty - Desharnais- Gallagher

Prust - Plekanec - Gionta

Galchenyuk - Eller - Ryder

Moen - White - Armstrong

Markov - Emelin

Gorges - Bouillon

Kaberle - Subban

I still say Ryder is destined for somewhere in the top six.

I would put him with Pax and DD.

Then move Gallagher down with Plex/Prust.

Then move Gionta down with Eller/Gally.

Gotta spread out the smurfs!

I still say Ryder is destined for somewhere in the top six.

I would put him with Pax and DD.

Then move Gallagher down with Plex/Prust.

Then move Gionta down with Eller/Gally.

Gotta spread out the smurfs!

Gally is proving himself on the Patches/DD line, can't break that up. I think Ryder is staying on the Chucky/Eller line, to add a goal scroer to a kid that has showed he has smooth hands and Eller is looking better than he ever has offensively.

If we're going to lose a game this weekend and I had a choice, I'd prefer it to be this one and we beat the Bruins tomorrow. The saving grace is the Bruins are playing today also, so it won't be a case of a tired team vs a fresh team. By looking at the TSN story about how the pens have been playing lately, they lack work ethic, something that Montreal has no shortage of this year. Unless the pens work hard I see them only as a stepping stone with no Malkin.

Go Habs Go! Prime time timeslot on CBC for Sat. Night Hockey! We need to bring our A game! Go HABS Go!

:hyper::clap::halm:

gotta pray it's not Bob Cole and Glenn Healey

gotta pray it's not Bob Cole and Glenn Healey

The PBP team is Bob Cole and Kelly Hrudey (Healy is in the studio).

Also, some surprising lineup changes for the Pens: Robert Bortuzzo (healthy) and Paul Martin (lower body) are both scratches, Mark Eaton and Simon Despres are in. Tomas Vokoun gets the start instead of Marc-Andre Fleury.

Is he in the studio? I thought he stood near the zamboni entrance.

He's in the studio for the afternoon game so he won't be at the Bell Centre. When he does do colour for Montreal home games, he is near the zamboni entrance.

With Boston winning this afternoon, the Habs need a win (not just a point) to retake the division and conference lead heading into tomorrow's head-to-head matchup.

Not to worry, worse case scenario is we lose in regulation today, then tomorrow a win in regulation will reclaim top of the conference.

I know no game should be considered a sure thing, but we're playing a slumping team, with their backup goalie, one of the top defenseman and centers out. There's no reason why we can't win this one, it'll come down to work ethic, if we bring the type of work ethic we've showed in the last 9 games, I see no reason we shouldn't walk away with the 2 points. Unless Budaj starts, which I see as a possibility, keep Price fresh for tomorrow.

Not to worry, worse case scenario is we lose in regulation today, then tomorrow a win in regulation will reclaim top of the conference.

I know no game should be considered a sure thing, but we're playing a slumping team, with their backup goalie, one of the top defenseman and centers out. There's no reason why we can't win this one, it'll come down to work ethic, if we bring the type of work ethic we've showed in the last 9 games, I see no reason we shouldn't walk away with the 2 points. Unless Budaj starts, which I see as a possibility, keep Price fresh for tomorrow.

But I want both wins, then Boston's games in hand aren't as big of a factor. :)

This game is far from a sure thing. Despite missing Malkin, they can still score and I wouldn't think there's much of an advantage to facing Vokoun over Fleury. In fact, I'd have preferred Fleury and his career 3.25 GAA and .889 SV% against the Habs which are his worst numbers against any Eastern Conference opponent. Price is getting the start although I was hoping Budaj would have, solely to have Price refreshed and ready for the Boston game.

The spread between 1 and 9 is starting to increase. If Washington beats Winnipeg tonight, the gap is nine points, eight for us. That's pretty sustainable towards a playoff spot. The Bruins are very, very good and on a six game winning streak, it'd be fun to break it. However, I'm not married to the division lead. I'd be more than happy with fourth or fifth. The East is far too unpredictable and at first or second, you could play an erratic team like Philadelphia or New York. Not fun.

The West is so strange. Chicago and Anaheim are hogging all of the points .

Boston is a better team then the Habs, so its hard to expect a win against them. We can certainly beat them, but I view the Habs as the underdog. I think Pitts is better overall, but we have the edge in net, so I think it will come down to who wants it more tonight.

I sure wish we had Diaz and Bourque back. :(

Boston is a better team then the Habs, so its hard to expect a win against them. We can certainly beat them, but I view the Habs as the underdog. I think Pitts is better overall, but we have the edge in net, so I think it will come down to who wants it more tonight.

I sure wish we had Diaz and Bourque back. :(

With Malkin out:

First Line: Pens

Second Line: Habs

Third Line: Habs

Fourth Line: Habs

1st D: Habs

2nd D: Pens

3rd D: Habs (even with Kaberle)

Goaltending: Habs

If the Pens third line had Sutter on it, it might be better than our third line just based on shut down ability (while our third line has more scoring ability) but with Sutter on the second with Beau Bennett and Pascal Dupuis, we pretty much dominate them in every area other than the top line.

(I read their D combos as Orpik/Martin and Niskanen/Letang. If it's Orpik/Letang I'll give that the edge while Montreal beats them on the other pairs)

With Malkin out:

First Line: Pens

Second Line: Habs

Third Line: Habs

Fourth Line: Habs

1st D: Habs

2nd D: Pens

3rd D: Habs (even with Kaberle)

Goaltending: Habs

If the Pens third line had Sutter on it, it might be better than our third line just based on shut down ability (while our third line has more scoring ability) but with Sutter on the second with Beau Bennett and Pascal Dupuis, we pretty much dominate them in every area other than the top line.

(I read their D combos as Orpik/Martin and Niskanen/Letang. If it's Orpik/Letang I'll give that the edge while Montreal beats them on the other pairs)

That top line is killer though.