2013 NHL Trade Deadline

JoeLassister

I've kicked off my annual trade odds series. Part 1 looks at the Bulldogs (well, most of them at least) and which of those may be most likely to be moved. You may be surprised by who sits #1.

http://www.habsworld.net/article.php?id=3037

Without having read your post yet, my choice for first to move from Montreal would be Leblanc. Now I'm going to see if you agree.

I guess the assumption here is that we are not looking for high end guys, but patchwork support types. If the former were true I think Tinordi would be high on the list because of his marketability. No, I am not suggesting trading him, but he may be are most valuable resource at that level. What we can say is that we have more depth at defense than anywhere else.

Good article as always Brian. I'm so disappointed by/for Avtsin, a guy who seemed to have all the tools to have a successful career.

Hilarious video Joe lol. Wouldn't like to be a Sabres fan. They have lots of good players but it's not working. Well it's a little like the Habs last year.

I guess the assumption here is that we are not looking for high end guys, but patchwork support types. If the former were true I think Tinordi would be high on the list because of his marketability. No, I am not suggesting trading him, but he may be are most valuable resource at that level. What we can say is that we have more depth at defense than anywhere else.

Tinordi represents something the Habs simply lack in all other facets of the organization - size on the blueline. Beaulieu (a mobile, offensively gifted player) is more replaceable given the other prospects they have. If they do go for the high end guy, I'd say he's more likely to go.

Good article as always Brian. I'm so disappointed by/for Avtsin, a guy who seemed to have all the tools to have a successful career.

Maybe he gets going in the ECHL (he was demoted this week) but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

I guess what I am trying to say is, and I say it in broad terms, if we are getting something high end, it is more likely we will have to give something we covet, as opposed to the spare parts that the organization feels it can afford. If you are going to give up DREGS, you can expect to get DREGS back.

It looks like the first shoe may be dropping - Brendan Morrow has been asked to waive his no-trade clause to go to Pittsburgh. Part of the return going the other way apparently is Joe Morrow, a 1st rounder in 2011. So much for a second or third rounder being enough for the better guys as some imagined.

It looks like the first shoe may be dropping - Brendan Morrow has been asked to waive his no-trade clause to go to Pittsburgh. Part of the return going the other way apparently is Joe Morrow, a 1st rounder in 2011. So much for a second or third rounder being enough for the better guys as some imagined.

I thought the whole Morrow for Morrow thing was a joke!

Older news, but Iggy apparently is willing to be traded to LA, Pittsburgh, Chicago or Boston. I don't think I could handle seeing Iginla as a Bruin!

The NHL website says a package of prospects. Things look to be expensive. We are going to find out soon, ESPN reports that Morrow has OKed the deal.

I never liked Iginla so the only thing I'd like to see is him eliminated in a Bruins sweater.

I've always had a soft spot in my heart for Iggy. I always thought he was a classy ambassador for the game... something that isn't usually synonymous with the Bruins.

The NHL website says a package of prospects. Things look to be expensive. We are going to find out soon, ESPN reports that Morrow has OKed the deal.

HF Boards has Morrow and a 3rd for Joe Morrow and 5th, which seems quite reasonable. Joe Morrow in Montreals terms would be Beaulieu using THN prospect rankings? Maybe not so reasonable?

HF Boards has Morrow and a 3rd for Joe Morrow and 5th, which seems quite reasonable. Joe Morrow in Montreals terms would be Beaulieu using THN prospect rankings? Maybe not so reasonable?

Sounds about right value wise. Beaulieu/5th for Morrow/3rd is something I certainly wouldn't have wanted the Habs to do.

Sounds about right value wise. Beaulieu/5th for Morrow/3rd is something I certainly wouldn't have wanted the Habs to do.

Yeah, I don't know if I would have done it either. Is Morrow replacing Malkan or is he a fourth line center. Halpern for nothing is looking real good right about now.

Yeah, I don't know if I would have done it either. Is Morrow replacing Malkan or is he a fourth line center. Halpern for nothing is looking real good right about now.

I figure he'll be a top six winger for them (with Kunitz, Neal, and Dupuis/Bennett).

I've always had a soft spot in my heart for Iggy. I always thought he was a classy ambassador for the game... something that isn't usually synonymous with the Bruins.

That's why I never liked him. Perfect representation of the milquetoast, boring, void of charisma image of the NHL.

I never liked Iginla so the only thing I'd like to see is him eliminated in a Bruins sweater.

I liked Iginla fine, but since Montreal is not on his list, I would like nothing better than the Bruins to give up a huge package for him and be eliminated early.

Douglas Murray to Pittsburgh is being reported. Why couldn't they wait to do these moves until after the Habs play them tomorrow?

Two 2nd rounders is the reported price going the other way, one may be a conditional selection (depending on their success in the postseason). Another somewhat steep price to pay for sure.

With Boston and the Habs both also battling it out for top spot in the East, might this force their hands? (I think it might for Boston, I still don't see Bergevin making a big move, just a depth pickup or two to fill a hole).

With Boston and the Habs both also battling it out for top spot in the East, might this force their hands? (I think it might for Boston, I still don't see Bergevin making a big move, just a depth pickup or two to fill a hole).

MB has to do something. Even if we're not selling the farm for this year's cup, to not make any significant moves would also be a mistake. While we aren't one of the top-4 favorites for the cup this year, we're far from out of it. MB has to make some moves to at least get us deep in the playoffs. It's irresponsible to sell off all of our building blocks for a chance of a cup this year, but it's also irresponsible to not do anything and pass up on a chance to win this year as well.

While all his move to date have been good moves, we have ourselves in the conversation for the cup. To not entertain that would be just as bad as going all-in (Which is what I think Pittsburgh is doing this year).