Apr. 3, Habs vs Flyers, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And there is the empty net.

Seriously, what a waste of a game.. Sat on their asses and watched Price get shelled. Bryzgalov is terrible, so they don't shoot on him.

Clowe 2g 1 assist Brassard 4 points. Deadline pickups?! They don't work. Maybe we can take those extra seconds and get some more Honey Baker finalists!

Wow, one game... You might want to see how it works out for the Rangers after ten games or so.

Seriously, what a waste of a game.. Sat on their asses and watched Price get shelled. Bryzgalov is terrible, so they d

Wow, one game... You might want to see how it works out for the Rangers after ten games or so.

Obvious hyperbole, but the word from my old man is we shut down when the Flyers got a little rough with us. All the great Habs teams had skill and grit and balls. Speaking of balls, I'm impressed Bergevin actually came out and said the goal was just to get in the playoffs. Does he think he's the GM of Columbus?

Seriously, what a waste of a game.. Sat on their asses and watched Price get shelled. Bryzgalov is terrible, so they don't shoot on him.

Obvious hyperbole, but I think Bergevin has serious balls to say they're happy and the goal was to make the playoffs.

Yeah, pitts do more then most, look terrible. They are missing Crosby though.

The team laid an egg tonight. How they respond is what counts.

That was tough one to watch. Habs were kept outside most the night and could not stop the flyers cycle. Oh well. Hopefully Plecanek is not too hurt. I don't really want to see DD, Eller, and Galchenyuk as top 3 centres.

Obvious hyperbole, but the word from my old man is we shut down when the Flyers got a little rough with us. All the great Habs teams had skill and grit and balls. Speaking of balls, I'm impressed Bergevin actually came out and said the goal was just to get in the playoffs. Does he think he's the GM of Columbus?

They were outplayed the entire game. They simply were not skating tonight. The biggest hit of the night was by PK and we fought three times. They were simply out worked by a team ha wanted it more. I didn't think it was a rough game at all.

They were outplayed the entire game. They simply were not skating tonight. The biggest hit of the night was by PK and we fought three times. They were simply out worked by a team ha wanted it more. I didn't think it was a rough game at all.

That's true, Eller needs some review with all that.,

what was you opinion of the officiating by Dean Morton and Steve Walkom? (Going back to his AHL days, I always thought Morton hated the Mtl organization and Walkom is past his best before date)

maybe a little complacent, after the deadline all the guys felt their place was safe.......

that was the worst game ive seen from them this year.....

We could tell the Flyers needed that one to stay alive. The Habs are comfortably positioned right now for a playoffs spot. They are not on the brink of elimination. It's tough to expect them to dominate a team like the Flyers, who -on top of having a great team- is desperate to stay alive. There were some good things to take from this game. On the plus side, next game is tomorrow. Let's just hope the Habs don't feel comfortable for too long because they will play desperate teams for most of the remaining games and their lead in the standings can melt pretty fast.

what was you opinion of the officiating by Dean Morton and Steve Walkom? (Going back to his AHL days, I always thought Morton hated the Mtl organization and Walkom is past his best before date)

I had no issues with the refs at all in this one.

Philly earned the win, Montreal played lousy for 40 minutes while they played hard throughout. Hopefully they'll bounce back tomorrow.

Don't be surprised to see at least one forward called up (possibly overnight since Hamilton is on the road at the moment) to cover for Plekanec (groin) and possibly Pacioretty (ankle) who also isn't 100%.

Bad game by the Habs, especially the 3rd period where they sat back for most of it and got shelled. Those bad bounce type goals against seem to happen most often when a team is back on its heels having the play taken to them.

I personally don't have the same impression as most on here. I think the Habs played great at some points (especially in the first) and the game could have easily gone either way. Most of the Flyers' goals resulted from hard work but they were also lucky bounces. Saying that it was the worst game all season isn't too far fetched though seeing as we only have 7-8 losses in regulation. A couple of the losses against the Leafs were definitely worse than this one though.

Yes, you are definitely in the minority. They had 17 total shots against a bottom feeder with only 2 of there regular 6 defenseman in the game.

The habs just laid an egg. I didn't even se them really working hard, the didn't skate. The first was a decenet period.

Hopefully it was just a bad night. If they think games will get easier they are sadly mistaken. All points and games for the habs are meaningfull, especiaslly if they want home ice.

Might as well call up Kristo, see what he can do a for a couple of games. Put him ont eh ing with Prust and Eller. Put Galchenyuk with Ryder and Gionta, see what happens.

One thing people forget is Eller usually faces the second or third line of,the opposing team. He moved up last night and it just demonstrated how good pleks is, playing against top lines every night.