Caps @ Habs, April 20th

JoeLassister

Diaz is rusty to be expected, but I like that he hit the post on that PP shift. Good control for him too.

At the game, crowd is really into it - to bad the Habs are not.

Huge Carey chants at the start of the game, now not so much.

I'll try for a Prust chant in the second.

• Upvote 1

There's no way Diaz should be on the first unit over Subban.

I didn't mind that actually. They need to be separated. If not, the 2nd PP unit really lacks. I might have waited to do it this game to let Diaz ease in but the idea in general makes sense. I actually advocated for that in a recent article.

Eller went 0/6 on the draw in the 1st. Maybe Galchenyuk should take a couple. Maybe that line should play more in general while I'm at it. :) (Eller 3:20 TOI, Galchenyuk 2:53, Gallagher 2:46 at even strength.)

Gorges screws up again! Cube was battling with the Capital in the corner, and Gorges leaves the front of the net to "help, but that left the slot open for the forward to take a pass back and score. Gorges should have stayed in front and let a Habs forward help out on defence.

Bobby Dallas had a great quote that he shared a few days ago that another defenceman told him: never trust a forward.

WOW! GORGES AGAIN LEAVES THE FORWARD ALONE ON THE PP, AND IT'S 4-0 !

I've said it before, but I'd rather see the Habs buy out Gorges instead of Kaberle.

Including this game, our two goalies each have a save percentage of about .800 over the last five games (and it would be far worse if not for TB). We've pulled the starting goalie three times so far in those games, will tonight be the fourth?

I sure didn't see this particular collapse coming a month ago.

Apparently, locking up DD was a mistake. I never bought into him myself, and always figured he was a small, one season wonder. Now that he has the contract, we are stuck with a small, mediocre center.

Meanwhile, Toronto takes,the lead, despite being massively outplayed and out shot, because they have a goalie giving them a chance.

Meanwhile, Toronto takes,the lead, despite being massively outplayed and out shot, because they have a goalie giving them a chance.

I have a vague recollection of the time when we used to do the very same thing ...