Colby Armstrong will not be re-signed

habs rule

Reported in TSN Mb sez he told em Nope not gonna sign ya. See ya.

I did not think armstrong was of much use and could not understand why we signed him. Blunden his replacement?

I thought he played his role well and was a very responsible option on the 4th line. Also living close to Toronto I've heard many interviews with him over the past couple of seasons and he seems to be a real good guy....the kind of guy you want in your dressing room to bring a group together.

I think he will be missed.

I didn't care for him at all. Armstrong used to have a meanstreak and it seems like his injury history has neutered him. He was just a bigger body to have on the fourth line. He was also Therrien's pet and used in way too many situations, especially the PK where he wasn't one of our top four defensive forwards (Gionta should have played more than him). That said, he's a life long Habs fan and wearing the CH probably meant a lot to him. Good that he got to do it.

Seriously, #20 is an albatross for players in Montreal.

I hope Jeff Halpern is resigned. He's a useful veteran that a team needs in the playoffs.

I remember a pretty damn good #20 Peter Mahovlich.

I thought Colby did a great job with what was expected of him. I found that he was snake bitten all year and had a bunch of scoring chances that just didn't go in. His numbers could have been much better if it were a full season. Plus the aforementioned good guy locker room presence.

Colby was a poor decision. On paper he looked good, but he didn't bring anything that was expected. Really, a large disappointment. Hopefully he goes back to the Leafs and plays as well as he did here.

Okay, I'll bite.

Recent #20's gone within a year:

Colby Armstorng

Ryan O'Byrne

James Wisniewski

Robert Lang

Mike Johnson

And there's probably a dozen more!

Okay, I'll bite.

Recent #20's gone within a year:

Colby Armstorng

Ryan O'Byrne

James Wisniewski

Robert Lang

Mike Johnson

And there's probably a dozen more!

Not that many more in this current trend but here's how it has shaped up:

Armstrong: 2012-13

Wisniewski: 2010-11

Leach: 2009-10

O'Byrne: 2009-10

Lang: 2008-09

Smolinski: 2007-08

Johnson: 2006-07

Zednik - final year: 2005-06

I liked his Good guy attitude, but I was disappointed with what he brought to the team on the Ice.

Same as pretty much everyone.

The 13th forward spot should belong to someone with a cap hit of around 0,675M$.

The remaining 0,4M$ should be used to pay the extra $ needed to attract a solid UFA despite Quebec's taxes situation.