Habs Trivia

dlbalr

I guess then that I'll go Phoenix. the old Jets weren't always very good.

Haha I went to update it and was like "wha... classic Brian."

I think it's Anaheim.

21st (3.05).

If it's not Anaheim, I am going with Minnesota.

Why? Because I am sure it is a wrong answer and I want this to last as long as possible.

Tied for 10th (3.36).

It's got to be Phoenix! Got to be!

I guess then that I'll go Phoenix. the old Jets weren't always very good.

:1banana:

The Habs average more goals per game vs the old Jets/Phoenix team than any other active team with 4.33 (in 64 games). The Kings are 2nd with 4.20, those are the only two active teams that Montreal scores more than four goals per game against. Including defunct franchises, the Canadiens scored more per game against the Quebec Bulldogs in 1919-20, averaging 8.5 goals per game in eight head-to-head matchups (in a 24-game season).

I do have a link for this but I'd like to hold off on posting it until I steal a couple more questions from that site, including the following which is sure to elicit a collective groan:

Name the active team that the Habs allow the fewest goals against per game. (You had to know this one was coming...)

Name the active team that the Habs allow the fewest goals against per game. (You had to know this one was coming...)

I'll start with the Sharks.

how about Atlanta/Winnipeg?

Well that one didn't take long to get. The Canadiens allow 2.20 goals per game against them, the fewest of anyone in the league.

Onto a new question (from the same source as the last two so I can't give up the link for proof yet):

Which active team do the Habs have the lowest point percentage against? It's over .500 by the way.

Well that one didn't take long to get. The Canadiens allow 2.20 goals per game against them, the fewest of anyone in the league.

Onto a new question (from the same source as the last two so I can't give up the link for proof yet):

Which active team do the Habs have the lowest point percentage against? It's over .500 by the way.

Florida.

All of these were really good guesses.

Florida.

I didn't think they'd be getting guessed so early given the fact they haven't been very good over the years. They're 2nd last (.520).

New Jersey

4th last (.529).

Anaheim Quacks

3rd last (.523).

All of these were really good guesses.

I didn't think they'd be getting guessed so early given the fact they haven't been very good over the years. They're 2nd last (.520).

4th last (.529).

3rd last (.523).

There was a stat for a really long time that the only team Montreal didn't have a winning record against was Florida. I don't know if that still stands, but it was mentioned a lot a few years ago.

There was a stat for a really long time that the only team Montreal didn't have a winning record against was Florida. I don't know if that still stands, but it was mentioned a lot a few years ago.

The Habs are 34-31-9 (6 ties, 3 OTL) against them. Montreal won all three against them last year but lost all four the year before so they haven't been above .500 for long.

Buffalo?

Yep, at just .506.

Here's a different one to go away from the team stuff (same source as the last few questions though). Name the goalie with the best career save percentage as a member of the Habs (minimum 100 GP). There is a bit of an asterisk to this one, however, as the stat wasn't officially tracked until 1983...so don't pick a goalie from before then.

Yep, at just .506.

Here's a different one to go away from the team stuff (same source as the last few questions though). Name the goalie with the best career save percentage as a member of the Habs (minimum 100 GP). There is a bit of an asterisk to this one, however, as the stat wasn't officially tracked until 1983...so don't pick a goalie from before then.

Brian Hayward?

Brian Hayward?

8th (.889)

Cristobal Huet

Yep (.920) - two in one day, please tell me you're not looking these up. :)

Another new one, this one potentially of the slightly more challenging variety. One player in franchise history has averaged over a goal per game. Name that player.

8th (.889)

Yep (.920) - two in one day, please tell me you're not looking these up. :)

Another new one, this one potentially of the slightly more challenging variety. One player in franchise history has averaged over a goal per game. Name that player.

Not looking them up.

The Huet one was easy I think he even won the Jennings on year for best save % in the league.

I remember how pumped I was when he was traded!