Bruins vs Habs, Subban vs Subban, Sept. 16, 7 PM

dlbalr

Stupid offensive zone penalty to Desharnais. He really, really sucks, not looking forward to seeing him play big minutes this year.

I feel the same way. The only Hab I want to see shipped out more is Gionta...an even more expensive useless smurf.

Did anyone else feel that we would have looked a lot better with the Gallagher-Eller-Galchenyuk line playing last night? I'm anticipating big things from them this season.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought Leblanc, Moan and Thomas all looked good.

In one game Murray already has already put more people on their ass in front of net than all habs d-men did last year.

I wouldn't call that a useless stat... more like a painful one.

I think it's useless given that it's a preseason game and they were the one line that actually had more than one or two scoring chances in the game. I'm more interested in the statlines of the prospects at this stage than I am the NHL'ers.

Guest Stogey24

I feel the same way. The only Hab I want to see shipped out more is Gionta...an even more expensive useless smurf.

Did anyone else feel that we would have looked a lot better with the Gallagher-Eller-Galchenyuk line playing last night? I'm anticipating big things from them this season.

Someone needs to tell Max Pac he's 6ft2 215lbs, because I don't think he knows.

You are aware that you are watching preseason and we have a much bigger team than we iced last night aren't you? Or are you just one of those we are to small type of guys. I will remind you that Chicago was the second smallest team in the NHL last year. Boy, did Boston ever destroy them in the playoffs. If I hearr the we are too small BS another time I will gag. It is just pure crap.

I said we looked small last night, and we did.

We are smaller in our top 6 then we were last year. Adding a big goon for the 4th line does not make us bigger. Average height is also nonsense. We do not have a first or second line capable of grinding through a tough, big, hard hitting shut down line.

When we are in the cup finals you can compare us to Chicago, who are not that small or soft. They also have more talent.

You can expect veterans to be absolutely useless in preseason. That goes without saying. I can't believe the nonsense over at H I/O, where a significant portion of posters are reacting to this as if we were in March. It's ridiculous.

As for Murray, I would not be surprised to find him wearing a target on his back all season from the usual crowd of haters. There is something in the Montreal fanbase that they always have to have a demonized scapegoat. With his plodding stride he is an obvious candidate, irrespective of his other contributions or whether we actually have anyone better to use in his role.

Don't worry about Murray, gionta, DD, or Diaz will get the fan goat horns. If Price plays like the end of last season, he will be the favorite goat.

Don't worry about Murray, gionta, DD, or Diaz will get the fan goat horns. If Price plays like the end of last season, he will be the favorite goat.

If Price plays like the end of last season he will DESERVE the goat horns, and can be officially labelled a cap millstone to boot.

I seriously doubt he will, though.

And any complaining about veterans based on preseason games deserves to be laughed out of town. News flash: these games are a joke. To anyone except rookies battling for a spot, they don't count. Period.

If Price plays like the end of last season he will DESERVE the goat horns, and can be officially labelled a cap millstone to boot.

And any complaining about veterans based on preseason games deserves to be laughed out of town. News flash: these games are a joke. To anyone except rookies battling for a spot, they don't count. Period.

I was paying attention to Briere and DD and was a bit disappointed but they haven't really ever played before. Probably need time to mesh. I remember being completely disappointed by Tanguay in his first few Habs games and even though I don't care for his style of play, he was pretty decent. Patience is a virtue.

Last time Pax seriously hit someone in the pre-season, didn't that guy get a concussion on a play that looked really, really bad? Yeah, for me Pax gets a pass at hitting in the pre.

Guest Stogey24

Last time Pax seriously hit someone in the pre-season, didn't that guy get a concussion on a play that looked really, really bad? Yeah, for me Pax gets a pass at hitting in the pre.

Should be bringing it every game. Pre season or regular season.

I agree, but we both know the fans need a goat once the regular season starts. They will pick one and be annoying as usual.

Gio brings some value defensively, and he produces, but Desharnais provides little beyond one dimensional play. Weird seeing him and Briere on the same line, their styles of play look similar, I can't help but think that Briere and Galchenyuk coming along is making DD redundant.

He's French so he can't truly be the goat except to one part of the fan-base.

Tell that to Richer and Brisebois, who both spent time as the goat in Montreal.

Really if the French connection thing is that strong, all we need to hope for is Briere to play great. If Briere can completely replace DD and Gallagher replace Gionta, then DD definitely becomes expendable.

This is probably just a weird transitional time for Montreal. Briere Gio and Desharnais could easily be all gone in 2 years, replace them with 6 ft people and suddenly all this size shit isn't gonna be a topic. Unless adrighetto reway and Thomas turn into the best we got..

But Mccarron and de la rose making it by then would be unreal

This is probably just a weird transitional time for Montreal. Briere Gio and Desharnais could easily be all gone in 2 years, replace them with 6 ft people and suddenly all this size shit isn't gonna be a topic. Unless adrighetto reway and Thomas turn into the best we got..

But Mccarron and de la rose making it by then would be unreal

Pretty much. Eller, Gallagher and Galchenyuk, if they don't regress, will be moving into regular top six duty in the next two years. Just by that we'd have a top six that includes Pacioretty (6'2"), Eller (6'3"), Galchenyuk (6'1") and Bourque (6'2") along with Plekanec (5'11") and Gallagher (5'9"). As you say we could be eventually replacing their roles on the third line with De La Rose (6'2") and McCarron (6'5").

It'll be a very different Canadiens squad.

Pretty much. Eller, Gallagher and Galchenyuk, if they don't regress, will be moving into regular top six duty in the next two years. Just by that we'd have a top six that includes Pacioretty (6'2"), Eller (6'3"), Galchenyuk (6'1") and Bourque (6'2") along with Plekanec (5'11") and Gallagher (5'9"). As you say we could be eventually replacing their roles on the third line with De La Rose (6'2") and McCarron (6'5").

It'll be a very different Canadiens squad.

I'd say that if everything goes right, we're not talking about the next two years, but the next two months. It's more likely Brière and Gionta that will be replaced by bigger guys on the 3rd.

Guest Stogey24

I'd say that if everything goes right, we're not talking about the next two years, but the next two months. It's more likely Brière and Gionta that will be replaced by bigger guys on the 3rd.

You have to think there is a good chance a trade could happen for a bigger body on the right side.

I had meant to ask this the other day, what are your thoughts on the hybrid icing that is being used in the preseason? Personally, I'm all for anything that gets rid of touch icing.

Same. Would have gone straight up with IIHF rule if it was my call.