Nov. 12, Lightning vs Habs, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

Briere's best shot as a Hab.

Yep youthful mistake but could prove to be a costly one.\

Bishop looks unbeatable right now.

Unbeatable... have we actually tested him yet? Our offence is about as usefull as a c0ckflavoured lollipop. (love that line from Dodgeball)

Although argument could be made for no goal because of goalie interference.

Nice prediction that came true. Lucky break for the Habs!

Alright, so here it is - Montreal isn't playing well, in my opinion, because those shifts *continue* to be way too long. When you're on that long, you get tired, you get hemmed in your zone and you don't produce going forward. If we're being outshot so badly, it's because we're playing gassed and are therefore being out-hussled all around the rink. That' just not good enough, and at this point in the game, one *must* look at the coaching staff. These shifts can't be continued or we're bound to lose because we'll get scored on more and more after the 40-second mark on our shifts.

This version of Tampa reminds me a bit of the Habs last year. They had some young players in a top-9 role that were rookies or somewhat unknowns that produce for them while they outhustle and outwork teams for their chances. It's fun to watch, even when you consider that they're 'out-Habbing the Habs' tonight.

Tampa forechecks like the Habs did last season. They used to use an aggressive, quick 2-man forecheck system with a 3rd man ready to jump in if needed or race back up ice if that was necessary. This season they've acted a lot more passive for some reason.

I am all for longer OT.

What do you guys think?

Give me 10 minutes of 4-on-4 (if the ice can take it, I know that's a consideration). No 3-on-3 or anything like that. But anything that lessens the number and importance of shootouts is okay by me. I'm sure I'm in the minority here but I wouldn't be overly upset if they went back to ties even...that'd get rid of the shootout altogether.