G - Brendan Gallagher (8)

A - P.K. Subban (14)

PTS - P.K. Subban (17)

+/- : Andre Markov (+6)

PIMS - George Parros (32)

Injuries: Davis Drewiske,

Scratches: G. Parros

Puck Drop: 7:00 PM EST TV: RDS Radio: TSN 690

Return of Emelin! Speculating on the defense line combos.

Heard Del Zotto is a healthy scratch but I'm not sure who's replacing him.

Also assuming Gallagher is still out with the flu.

Hopefully the boys will score some goals for Carey tonight!

Wasn't really thinking of the pairing as the top pairing, more of what Therrien might think is best for chemistry. Emelin and Markov had great chemistry last year, and PK always makes Gorges look great. I'd expect Emelin to start on the bottom pairing, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Emelin paired with Markov at some point if he looks good.

Wasn't really thinking of the pairing as the top pairing, more of what Therrien might think is best for chemistry. Emelin and Markov had great chemistry last year, and PK always makes Gorges look great. I'd expect Emelin to start on the bottom pairing, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Emelin paired with Markov at some point if he looks good.

Markov and Emelin may get paired some; but I am sure his minutes will (should) be somewhat limited.

Emelin will play, he's in for Murray. Gallagher is a game-time decision; if he plays, White will sit. Desharnais will stay with Pacioretty and Bourque while Briere stays on the 4th line.

I guess it was too much to expect MT to sit his boy Bouillon.

The way Bourque has been playing, i'd rather have Briere with MaxPac and DD.

I guess it was too much to expect MT to sit his boy Bouillon.

The way Bourque has been playing, i'd rather have Briere with MaxPac and DD.

To me it was a pretty easy and obvious decision, the one that gets 4-6 fewer minutes than anyone else is the logical one to sit.

As for Briere on the wing, he's playing well at C since returning and I think they'd like to keep him there.

I'm sorry what what? DD scores a shootout goal and gets his spot back sending Brière - who was playing much better and *smarter* hockey to the fourth line? And hubba-huh, Murray is sitting? As opposed to Cube or Diaz? Really? I loves me a smaller, softer defence rather than one with some major muscle. Yes, gives me more of that sap-sauce.

I will freely admit that some of the things that Therrien has done since coming back have been great - the way he's developing the kids, for instance. But some of his moves are just mind-bogglingly nutty.

I'm sorry what what? DD scores a shootout goal and gets his spot back sending Brière - who was playing much better and *smarter* hockey to the fourth line? And hubba-huh, Murray is sitting? As opposed to Cube or Diaz? Really? I loves me a smaller, softer defence rather than one with some major muscle. Yes, gives me more of that sap-sauce.

I will freely admit that some of the things that Therrien has done since coming back have been great - the way he's developing the kids, for instance. But some of his moves are just mind-bogglingly nutty.

Desharnais was on that line for the 2nd and 3rd periods yesterday, that change wasn't because of his shootout goal.

Also, be warned: Chris Lee is one of the refs.

I did see DD there. Can't say I know why. Just another in his seemingly never-ending chances. Touched by an angel, he is. And Cube for that matter, since Murray is benched.

I agree, I thought DD killed a lot of plays and was not effective at all and would sit Boullion or play all 7d-men, but am fine with any combo.

I agree, I thought DD killed a lot of plays and was not effective at all and would sit Boullion or play all 7d-men, but am fine with any combo.

I love how DD goes to the top of the slot, sees the empty shooting lane, then curls into coverage and loses the puck. Maybe that's a planned play; throw the opposition off and keep them guessing!

To me it was a pretty easy and obvious decision, the one that gets 4-6 fewer minutes than anyone else is the logical one to sit.

As for Briere on the wing, he's playing well at C since returning and I think they'd like to keep him there.

Bouillon may be getting more minutes, but that's precisely the issue - he shouldn't be. Murray should never handle the puck, but he brings much needed physicality.

I'd actually have Briere play centre and put DD on the wing. Long term, i'm hoping DD starts producing so he may have some trade value. IMO the team would be better without DD or Briere.

I love how DD goes to the top of the slot, sees the empty shooting lane, then curls into coverage and loses the puck. Maybe that's a planned play; throw the opposition off and keep them guessing!

They should teach the kids that, so that such fine hockey is guaranteed to continue! Next up: the MaxPac Perimeter Special.

I realize that Habs have a lot invested in DD and need to get him going somehow, but he is doing a darn good Gomez impersonation.