Montreal vs. Florida | December 29th, 2013 | 1700 EST

lazy26

How can't we dominate the lesser teams and dictate the pace ?!

Florida is a big team down the middle and we,have no answer to it, unless we use speed and skill. They haven't been demonstrating much of either for a while now. PK and Markov have been invisible 5 on 5 lately.

Florida has big fast forwards. Recipe for Habs loss every time

Florida is a big team down the middle and we,have no answer to it, unless we use speed and skill. They haven't been demonstrating much of either for a while now. PK and Markov have been invisible 5 on 5 lately.

I've noticed this as well. Pk and markov are critical to Habs success

What is there to like about this team?

They aren't physical, they aren't dynamic offensively, they aren't hard-working, they don't play to their strengths...

Price and Subban are about the only thing worth watching on any given night. What a slow sad descent this season is turning out to be.

This team is in need of a shake up.

I mentioned it one other time, in the shortened season the has flaws don't stick out as much, around the same number of games last year is when they fell apart. The are too soft and small for the long run,

If the goaltending hasn't been A+ this year they would be a bottom feeder. Again, 1 goal scored. Once they score that goal they quit.

Well, it's time for one of my positive-in-the-wake-of-negativity posts through 2 periods. Here goes nothing...

- Bouillon is having another good game. The rest may have done him some good.

- The faceoff play is much improved compared to recent games. White gets a special mention as he's at 75%.

- Prust has been better after several quiet games. The physical play isn't there but he's driving the net and doing the little things.

I'm watching the game with my gf, and she asks "Who's Barkov, Markov's evil twin?". I reply, "No. The Markov playing tonight is." He's been just awful, and more to blame than Emelin in my opinion.

Also, I don't see the puck change direction at all on Gionta's "high stick". I think they blew that call,

I'm watching the game with my gf, and she asks "Who's Barkov, Markov's evil twin?". I reply, "No. The Markov playing tonight is." He's been just awful, and more to blame than Emelin in my opinion.

Also, I don't see the puck change direction at all on Gionta's "high stick". I think they blew that call,

You picked a fun game to do the 3 Stars for. If the 3rd period is another struggle, your creative writing abilities may be put to the test. :)

I do not want to hear the bpa argument regardless of size ever again. We are nearly 20 years of watching a team rely on transition and takeaways, and counting on goaltending and special teams to win. I want a five on five team. If that means picking a few duds because they are big, I am fine with it. I don't want to hear the Chicago arguement when talking about size. They are stacked with elite forwards. The Canadiens have had an issue for 18 years. They are too small. Plain and simple. It is fun to watch when this team can use their speed to win, but that is nearly impossible to do in the playoffs when the whistles go away.

Did anyone catch what happened with Briere? He wasn't on the bench at the end of the period. And no, I'm not adding that to my list of positives from earlier...

It was caught by RDS' crew but I missed the replay. They'll probably replay it in the game recap