Jan. 28, Carolina vs Montreal, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

Beaulieu looked terrible on that break and ends up in the box. He's nowhere near NHL level without the puck yet.

Not sure why people are disagreeing with this... it's pretty much universally known that Beaulieu isn't strong without the puck.

Not near NHL level... maybe. Still prefer him to Bouillon though.

• Upvote 1

Guest Stogey24

Emelin has played "horrendous" lately, but just a short-term slump after year off and knee injury, I think.

Ya, I'm sure he'll find his game.

P.K takes a dumb one

Not sure why people are disagreeing with this... it's pretty much universally known that Beaulieu isn't strong without the puck.

Overall I prefer him to Bouillon, but I don't think Frankie would look THAT useless one-on-one. Beaulieu was just beaten effortlessly.

You do see his offensive skills and skating eh? And is his 15 games or so in NHL, he hasn't stunk defensively, shakey for sure, but too be expected and even Subban used to be quite vulnerable defensively.

We say we want a rookie d-man to be called up and play, then pick at him for not being 100% ready.

Why I disagreed.

• Upvote 1

Guest Stogey24

You do see his offensive skills and skating eh? And is his 15 games or so in NHL, he hasn't stunk defensively, shakey for sure, but too be expected and even Subban used to be quite vulnerable defensively.

We say we want a rookie d-man to be called up and play, then pick at him for not being 100% ready.

Why I disagreed.

Amen

Why I disagreed.

Beaulieu looks worse defensively than Subban ever did, IMO. And is it 'picking him apart' to give an honest assessment? I never criticized his offensive skills, but he's close to a disaster without the puck.

We get a flurry of chances thanks to a turnover created by Bournival. LEAVE HIM WITH PLEKS. Even Pleks likes playing with him, and if anyone can be our next Pleks, it's him.

Beaulieu looks worse defensively than Subban ever did, IMO. And is it 'picking him apart' to give an honest assessment? I never criticized his offensive skills, but he's close to a disaster without the puck.

We get a flurry of chances thanks to a turnover created by Bournival. LEAVE HIM WITH PLEKS. Even Pleks likes playing with him, and if anyone can be our next Pleks, it's him.

I didn't think he defensive play was NHL ready when he was called up from Hamilton.

But lately he had been a standout and played very well, but still getting "deaked out his jockstrap" every once in a while, but that may just be the player he is and just need his puck-moving offense to offset his poor defense ( a la Erik Karlsson or a Mike Green)

We all know what happened last time they were up 3 vs Carolina...

I hope you didn't just jinx us! three 5 on 5 goals for us is 3 more than I could have hoped for!

I really like Bournival and don't get why he kept getting shuffled down to the 4th line. The kid puts in a real effort and has some skill. A comment earlier was the he still has more minutes with Pleks than other players. Thing is with a young kid, you want him to at least get comfortable and used to his line mates and role. Shuffling him around too much is just going to mess with his confidence. He also is a much better option then Moen.

Frankly, I wouldn't mind seeing both Leblanc and Bournival with Pleks rather than Giona.

• Upvote 1