Feb. 8, Habs vs Hurricanes, 6 PM

dlbalr

hey why is there an early start. Just tuned in and it looks like they started an hour early

Lots of early starts today, likely due to the Olympic Break (teams can get back an hour earlier, most players are heading out tomorrow).

You didn't miss much other than the Pacioretty injury. I think there's a good chance the Habs' Olympic contingent will be down to 6.

No Patches on the line and DD scores.

Lower body for Patches, won't return.

Based on the video on the NHL site that looks like a broken or fractured arm

This is why I'm not a huge fan of the takeaway/giveaway stat. The Habs, to me at least, have turned the puck over quite a bit tonight. Apparently, they've only had 4 giveaways. Carolina, who in my opinion has handled the puck better, somehow has 12.

This is why I'm not a huge fan of the takeaway/giveaway stat. The Habs, to me at least, have turned the puck over quite a bit tonight. Apparently, they've only had 4 giveaways. Carolina, who in my opinion has handled the puck better, somehow has 12.

It is very subjective and changes from rink to rink. My friend was interviewing with the Canucks as a stat guy and couldn't believe how amateurish the real time stat setup was. Crappy software, small screens. Where shots come from is pretty inaccurate.

I was sure Patches had a broken rib, but obviously not. I guess charley-horse might be a candidate. Hope it's only that, because it looked bad.

The first thing I thought of when DD set up that sweet goal with Bourque was the "Desharnais" thread on this site :lol: If he can suddenly makes The Human Turd look like a quality player, I think that should definitively settle the question of whether he is a complete Patches-dependent hothouse flower.

Snoozer of a game, but luckily the Canes aren't much livelier than us, despite their shot advantage.

EDIT: I missed the third goal because my daughter cajoled me into watching the farce that is Olympics women's hockey. What happened?? Another sweet play by DD?