Mar. 6, Montreal vs Phoenix, 9 PM

dlbalr

Well the effort was there in spurts, not as steady as last night's game. The usual 3rd game in 4 nights on the road excuse applies to a degree.

Here is a set of lines I'd like to see put in place based on who's healthy at the moment, but doubt it will happen.

Vanek - Desharnais - Pacioretty [shift Max to RW because he shoots left, and Vanek shoots right; this line could be very deadly]

Galchenyuk - Eller - Gallagher [reunite the EGG line; Eller played much better tonight than he has in the past couple of months]

Briere - Plekanec - Gionta [although Briere has played better as a Center lately, I'd like to see this line Smurf the Smurf out of the Smurfin opposition!]

Bourque - White - Moen [muck it up boys and don't get scored against]

Guest Stogey24

I thought we played a decent game, just couldn't take advantage of our opportunities like Phoenix did.

Subban and Markov were great, along with our top line. Our bottom pairing and 4th line let us down a few times, and Budaj let in a couple softies.

Budaj is a good back up, but just watching Budaj compared to price is like different worlds. Price is so cool and calm.

Well the effort was there in spurts, not as steady as last night's game. The usual 3rd game in 4 nights on the road excuse applies to a degree.

Here is a set of lines I'd like to see put in place based on who's healthy at the moment, but doubt it will happen.

Vanek - Desharnais - Pacioretty [shift Max to RW because he shoots left, and Vanek shoots right; this line could be very deadly]

Galchenyuk - Eller - Gallagher [reunite the EGG line; Eller played much better tonight than he has in the past couple of months]

Briere - Plekanec - Gionta [although Briere has played better as a Center lately, I'd like to see this line Smurf the Smurf out of the Smurfin opposition!]

Bourque - White - Moen [muck it up boys and don't get scored against]

Pacioretty isn't going to moved to the right side. That's taking two players out of their normal positions.

Well, good to see not too many are down on Tinordi for turnover.

Rushing puck not his forte, but I really liked him taking puck down the wing and driving puck/Gallagher into Smith on rush before that.

He, like Beaulieu and any young d-man, will screw up and make some poor judgement calls; but, just normal development (Erik Karlsson-Mike Green still do it often, but their offense offsets defensive weaknesses).

Vanek was in the right spot several times and will add to offense for sure, but like he said he was up at 3a.m. and was a long day even before this game.

Should be a good game vs San Jose.

Agreed, it'll take time for Vanek to build some chemistry with his linemates. I didn't expect tic-tac-toe plays between the three of them from the onset. And he did look tired. Not sure if it was just me paying closer attention, but his shifts seemed to be really short.

He didn't play as much as one would expect.

Truth is with how late he got in and that he never got in a practice it might have been best to hold his debut for the Bruins. Then again I think nobody would have been fine with that.

He's a Bruins killer so we should see the real Vanek on Saturday.

Truth is with how late he got in and that he never got in a practice it might have been best to hold his debut for the Bruins. Then again I think nobody would have been fine with that.

we play san jose saturday

I didn't think Vanek and Sabres ever 'Killed' anyone? :D