Habs vs Leafs, March 22

Neech

I am not convinced that tinordi is the answer people think he is. I thought he was pretty bad while up and while I think he can still mature into a great D he isn't there yet. Going with vets down the stretch is hardly a radical coaching move.

The problem is we have very few D capable of playing against top lines with speed. Tinordi wouldn't be any better in that role. Markov has some issues with speed and Emelin has struggled this year. Frankly, we miss Diaz now that Gorges is out. Diaz was better then Boo boo and capable of playing bigger minutes.

They are just going to have to limp along with a rag tag bunch of number 6 d thay we seem to collect. If Emelin doesn't get better next year, they need to target an experienced, top 4 defensive D.

We are going to have to suck it up for a while until Beaulieu, Tinordi and Patteryn(hopefully) mature. We have to be patient, no choice.

Agreed. we'll have to be patient with Tinordi and Beaulieu. We all know that it takes longer for defencemen to settle down and mature. There's no reason to rush and make a foolish mistake. I don't want to make the same mistake we did with Mcdonough

Guest Stogey24

Agreed. we'll have to be patient with Tinordi and Beaulieu. We all know that it takes longer for defencemen to settle down and mature. There's no reason to rush and make a foolish mistake. I don't want to make the same mistake we did with Mcdonough

Fack, imagine if we had Mcdonaugh right now

Yep. If we had McDonagh, we'd be contenders. It kills me to say that, especially since I supported the Gomez trade at the time (although, mercifully, I *did* qualify it by saying that IF McD because a top-4 defender, it'd become a bad trade. Nevertheless, it still hoits).

Gorges healthy with Tinordi and Beaulieu in the lineup looks pretty good to me. Also I could not give a fudge if Beaulieu dogged it after being sent down because he never should have been sent down anyway.

The only reason to not send him down is if the team thought he was completely NHL ready. He's far from it in my opinion. 13 minutes a game against weaker (third line) competition over a period of a month isn't enough to demonstrate his permanent readiness. The PP wasn't any better with him production-wise either (though yes, he'd look better back there than Bouillon, I won't disagree with that).

One thing I will note is that the last few games, they've moved him to the right side (the side he'd play if he was to be recalled) so that's something to bear in mind. That will come in handy if they do bring him back.

With the playoffs 10 games away, I'd rather him getting more NHL seasoning. IMO, ANY option is better than playing Mureay, Weaver and Bouillon in the same game, or playing Bouillon 20+ minutes a game.

The only reason to not send him down is if the team thought he was completely NHL ready. He's far from it in my opinion. 13 minutes a game against weaker (third line) competition over a period of a month isn't enough to demonstrate his permanent readiness. The PP wasn't any better with him production-wise either (though yes, he'd look better back there than Bouillon, I won't disagree with that).

One thing I will note is that the last few games, they've moved him to the right side (the side he'd play if he was to be recalled) so that's something to bear in mind. That will come in handy if they do bring him back.

But, is nice to have several options to mix & match for d-injuries.

Wouldn't hurt Beaulieu one bit to finish year in Hamilton, but he does have a skill set that may be needed if Markov-Subban get hurt or need a break as they coast into playoffs.