Game 1, Habs vs Bruins, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

Am I a genius for taking Bourque in my hockey pool-- in a reverse jinx attempt, as I never choose Habs players-- or what !

Marchand a cross check to PK's face, and no penalty?

Guest Stogey24

Good shift by the habs forwards there.

Its crazy how different this team looks when they get some depth scoring.

Another good sign. Marchand pissed off by a hook from DD. They're starting to crumble.

I loved Desharnais' reaction to Marchand's cross check after the whistle. He just skated away and ignored it. That's smart.

On the Bourque goal, I give Moen a lot of credit even though he wasn't on the ice when it went in. That was the same shift as Boston's failed wraparound chance, the puck goes back to Boychuk and Moen drifts up into the shooting lane and kills any chance of a quick shot while Price was scurrying back to the crease. That was a subtle but very important play and seconds later, the Habs capitalized.

That penalty kill was terrible. They may have killed it off but that was way too many Grade 'A' chances to give up. All in all, the Habs should feel fortunate to have the lead, especially a two goal one. A big 20 minutes coming up here...

exactly the game we thought, rough tough. I am gaining some respect for MT, they are playing the system, and it is working. They have bought into his sytem and are listening to him, he is making the right adjustments. Now lets go get another couple of goals.

I loved Desharnais' reaction to Marchand's cross check after the whistle. He just skated away and ignored it. That's smart.

On the Bourque goal, I give Moen a lot of credit even though he wasn't on the ice when it went in. That was the same shift as Boston's failed wraparound chance, the puck goes back to Boychuk and Moen drifts up into the shooting lane and kills any chance of a quick shot while Price was scurrying back to the crease. That was a subtle but very important play and seconds later, the Habs capitalized.

That penalty kill was terrible. They may have killed it off but that was way too many Grade 'A' chances to give up. All in all, the Habs should feel fortunate to have the lead, especially a two goal one. A big 20 minutes coming up here...

Amen amigo.

How do Canadians feel about paying for that "service?" I would be up in arms if I paid tax dollars for Brick and Jack.

Well.. PJ did say Price and PK were the best on the ice.

But it's been a very solid game from Boston so far.

I am really starting to hate CBC coverage...since it is their last with HNIC couldn't they bring Dick Irving out of retirement? Or patch inDanny Gallivan via séance? I mean, I 'd rather listen to Pierre McGuire--I can't believe I said that... but I don't expect a homer attitude like NESN, but fer frick sakes they seem like they are cheer leading for the Brrooons

They're fairly neutral tonight, I think. And honestly... What Canadian with an ounce of patriotism in their body doesn't want to see Jarome Iginla carrying the Stanley Cup around the ice? I just really don't want to see it in a Boston uniform.

Edited by Jeff Price (no relation)