May 25, Montreal vs New York, 8 PM

dlbalr

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vanek threw a hit?

he actually had a pretty solid hit on Brassard at the start of the game.

Keep the faith Boys..Keep the faith.

Amen. The guys are definitely trying hard with few exceptions.. and they've played a lotttttt of hockey.

Terrible play from Vanek. Just bench him. Get him ready for Minnesota, send this POS home.

He's playing like a frightened girl. I really hope he's playing with a significant handicapping injury that keeps him from trying to play hockey. I'd replace him with Tinordi, or a Junior B player from Mississauga.

he actually had a pretty solid hit on Brassard at the start of the game.

He had a nice one on Boyle as well in the 3rd which helped compensate for his soft play at the blueline (he at least hustled back and took out his guy).

The Habs find themselves in the same situation as last game but the circumstances feel different. Montreal has played a lot better this game and in my opinion were the better team by a bit in the 3rd instead of hanging on for dear life. I'm stating the obvious but this will be a pivotal moment in the series, good or bad.

I can't believe how close Galchenyuk came to ending it again.

Ya... how nuts would that have been!

I want to see the boys at 2-2 in Montreal to see if I can recognize the team we saw in earlier series.

He's playing like a frightened girl. I really hope he's playing with a significant handicapping injury that keeps him from trying to play hockey. I'd replace him with Tinordi, or a Junior B player from Mississauga.

I don't think so. I think he has no intensity and hasn't played competitive hockey in years. At least Bournival can win board battles and play defense. Vanek in his current state brings nothing to the table. The only player he should be playing in front of is George Parros.

He had a nice one on Boyle as well in the 3rd which helped compensate for his soft play at the blueline (he at least hustled back and took out his guy).

The Habs find themselves in the same situation as last game but the circumstances feel different. Montreal has played a lot better this game and in my opinion were the better team by a bit in the 3rd instead of hanging on for dear life. I'm stating the obvious but this will be a pivotal moment in the series, good or bad.

I think you're right Brian. Montreal wasn't playing "victim" nearly as much in the 3rd and was taking it too 'em quite a bit. A lot more positive.

Guest Stogey24

I don't think so. I think he has no intensity and hasn't played competitive hockey in years. At least Bournival can win board battles and play defense. Vanek in his current state brings nothing to the table. The only player he should be playing in front of is George Parros.

On Off The Wire they were laying into Vanek.

If he's not injured ...I fully agree. He's been a lot more of a liability out there, coughing it up badly for odd man rushes and just surrendering the puck with opposition.

OT picks? I really like the way Desharnais has played tonight although he doesn't seem to ever want to shoot the puck. Despite that, I'll take him for the Habs, call it a gut feeling (maybe a shot will bank in off of him so he doesn't actually have to physically shoot it). For New York? I fear it's only a matter of time before St. Louis gets one so I'll pick him.

I think you're right Brian. Montreal wasn't playing "victim" nearly as much in the 3rd and was taking it too 'em quite a bit. A lot more positive.

And the OT feels positive so far. Let's believe ...