Brodeur would consider a #2 job with Montreal

ICEWATER77

Slavering bloodhounds, more likely...

Basset hounds also bay like crazy, but they're too darned goofy-looking to convey the desired meaning here :wacko:

Hahaha.

They're hot on the trail of the next Francophone! The Francophone obsession is good for a laugh. I remember the Simon Gagne rumors last year.

I did some research, the Hound group of dogs are the "bayers." I guess it dates back to their hunting roots.

Pretty easy to figure out:

Last Week: Brodeur said he would consider the Canadiens if they call

Today: Damphousse says Montreal already met with Brodeur earlier in the summer

In other words, Montreal and Brodeur have already met and the interest was minimal. Brodeur then gives an interview saying he'd consider a job in Montreal without saying he WANTS the job. Montreal isn't very interested so Brodeur is trying to get more interest built in the media, hoping that causes the Habs to bend.

It is also possible that Montreal has been trying to either move Budaj for Tokarski as well as trying to build a bigger trade that involves Tokarski. Moving both would give room for Brodeur and mean Montreal could improve a different area (or even just save cap, depending on what the deals were). However, it's pretty clear that Montreal has zero room for Marty and two goalie deals to make room is possible by fractions of a percentage.

Don't worry too much about this.

From the comments section of TSN's latest article on Brodeur to MTL: to presumably open a spot for Brodeur!!

Subban and 1st to Toronna

Couture and Phaneuf to MTL

Price to SJ

How could even a Leaf's fan believe that MB would be that stupid?

If such a travesty ever happened I would burn my Habs jerseys

Make this off season end so this stupidity can die down a little...it never really ends.

From the comments section of TSN's latest article on Brodeur to MTL: to presumably open a spot for Brodeur!!

Price to SJ

Make this off season end so this stupidity can die down a little...it never really ends.

There is no way that would happen! MB would NEVER trade away a right handed defenseman WITHOUT bringing one back in. pff.. besides, this city would BURN! Coderre flippin' cop cars and all!

Price to SJ

Why in the world would Montreal give up a first after giving up the best two players in the deal?! Leaf's fans seem really deluded.

I don't believe that for a second. I've never even heard of Damphousse reporting a rumor. With Budaj, Tokarski and Brodeur being lousy the whole idea is preposterous.

C'mon now. Tokarski is far from lousy. You in the hooch again?! Keep your Sekec angst segregated.. color in between the lines.

Tokarski + Waivers = Salut Bye Ciau

C'mon now. Tokarski is far from lousy. You in the hooch again?! Keep your Sekec angst segregated.. color in between the lines.

Who still needs a backup goalie? Winnipeg perhaps but they have their own version of Tokarski, so too do the Devils. It's far from a guarantee that he'd get claimed as things stand. (Of course, there may be a goalie or two that get hurt between now and the end of camp that could change that.)

Also, I think Lovett's was referring to the fact that Brodeur has been lousy, I didn't interpret that statement as that all three of the goalies were lousy.

Who still needs a backup goalie? Winnipeg perhaps but they have their own version of Tokarski, so too do the Devils. It's far from a guarantee that he'd get claimed as things stand. (Of course, there may be a goalie or two that get hurt between now and the end of camp that could change that.)

Also, I think Lovett's was referring to the fact that Brodeur has been lousy, I didn't interpret that statement as that all three of the goalies were lousy.

I had to reread comment but also saw he just meant the old goalie was washed up.

The habs do have a problem. They have to either keep Tokarski up or risk losing him on waivers. Better idea waive Budaj (he won't be claimed) keep Tokarski up and try to trade one of them. Bringing in Marty? That is just silly. But in the silly season it is what we get.

The angst remains with Sekac. (Eller is on the short leash of confirmation bias after a strong playoff). I should have worded that into two sentences or put in a qualifier.

"With Budaj/Tokarski on the payroll, and the lousy play of Brodeur..."

The angst remains with Sekac. (Eller is on the short leash of confirmation bias after a strong playoff). I should have worded that into two sentences or put in a qualifier.

"With Budaj/Tokarski on the payroll, and the lousy play of Brodeur..."

That's the way I saw it and agreed, with those guys on the roster, there's no need for a lousy Martin....

Stephane Waite puts this discussion to rest, stating that he's not aware of any discussion to bring him in. http://www.985sports.ca/hockey/nouvelles/la-une/brodeur-a-montreal-on-n-a-jamais-parle-de-cett-342916.html

good article good comments, if the goalie coach knows nothing about it, I see no way it will happen. Just the silly season.

Could be good, having the experience of 3 cups or it could backfire. The Habs look really good right now going into the season.

They need to trade Budai and bring up Dustin. If Marty comes to Montreal, make sure that Dustin is locked down until next year

for sure. Then he can come up for sure to back up Price.

Yea....why is he not retiring as a life long Devil??? That is kind of sad in a way.

Price doesn't need a cheerleader, and the Habs don't need a backup that speaks French, or one that will post a below .900 SVP this season....

Brodeur should just hang 'em up Don, he's done.

dlbalr says it's not guaranteed Tokarski gets claimed if he is put on waivers, but by the same token, there is no guarantee he isn't claimed. Not great prospect management if he is put on waivers and claimed, lost for notta.

Ya gotta think that someone would pick him up after last post season's performance, and obviously MT doesn't trust Budaj in the playoffs...

Good point.

Yep, there is no question that Brodeur is a recipe for disaster...any time Price hits a slump half the city will be in an uproar over why the team isn't rushing to dress Brodeur. Brodeur has shown himself unwilling to be a good backup and accept his role, so he could leverage his Frenchness to mobilize the slavering, yapping jackals of the francophone press. Somehow in this city there is a legitimate risk of Price ending up as the Bad Guy Stopping the Greatest Goalie of All Time from starring for the Habs. This is, after all, a city that booed Saku Koivu after he clashed with that punk Mike Ribeiro. Carey Price deserves better than to be put in such a situation. Forget it.