Is Michel Therrien a real genius like Don says?

habs rule

I've been avoiding replying to his posts for over a year now,

I am not going to respond to Illwill any further, I never should have in the first place I was right to ignore an will continue to do so.

However MOLG I have said many times that the PK is working, you only have to read my posts to see that. Unfortunately that is the only system that does. As to the powerplay, it isn't working, that falls on the coaches, MT is the head coach and as such is in charge of his assistants, if they aren't getting the job done, then he has to do his and get someone who can. This problem is not new, it has been here since he started. Also I think you will agree that the buck stops on the head coaches desk. He is the guy in charge. If he isn't responsible who is? What concensus' have been made exactly? Far as I can tell It is about evenly split between the lovers of Le genius and the haters. That is why these 2 threads have gone on for so long. The never ending thread I think CC called it.

I am not going to respond to Illwill any further, I never should have in the first place I was right to ignore an will continue to do so.

However MOLG I have said many times that the PK is working, you only have to read my posts to see that. Unfortunately that is the only system that does. As to the powerplay, it isn't working, that falls on the coaches, MT is the head coach and as such is in charge of his assistants, if they aren't getting the job done, then he has to do his and get someone who can. This problem is not new, it has been here since he started. Also I think you will agree that the buck stops on the head coaches desk. He is the guy in charge. If he isn't responsible who is? What concensus' have been made exactly? Far as I can tell It is about evenly split between the lovers of Le genius and the haters. That is why these 2 threads have gone on for so long. The never ending thread I think CC called it.

The PP was actually fine when he first started. It was the 5th best PP in the league. We also were the 5th best team in scoring at 5 on 5. Both of those dropped to the 20s last season while our PK improved to 5th best. This year we are in the Top 15 for 5 on 5 goals (56 goals, 3rd best is 60 goals) while being 25th on the PP and 9th on PK.

It's funny that "buck stops at the head coaches desk" but Therrien doesn't get credit for Price's play. That's Waite. So does Therrien get credit for Price? No, okay... so why is he getting blamed for JJ Daigneault's terrible job with the defence and Dan Lacroix's failure with the PP?

I hope my magnifying of the assistant coaches helps remind people what will end up happening if the Habs do poorly this season. Bergevin will fire the assistant coaches before he fires Therrien.

MT gets the blame because they are HIS assistants that he chose over Larry Robinson. If they are to blame for the PP, WTF are they still there for?? I know JJ is a friend if MB, but if he is the issue, he should push MB to replace him. Hell, as much as I hated the last four or five years of the Gainey/gauthier reign, at least he wasn't gunshy of replacing long term friends carbo and Jarvis - Jarvis has been following Gainey for around 20 years or so. Hell, Murray even fired his brother.

The PP was actually fine when he first started. It was the 5th best PP in the league. We also were the 5th best team in scoring at 5 on 5. Both of those dropped to the 20s last season while our PK improved to 5th best. This year we are in the Top 15 for 5 on 5 goals (56 goals, 3rd best is 60 goals) while being 25th on the PP and 9th on PK.

It's funny that "buck stops at the head coaches desk" but Therrien doesn't get credit for Price's play. That's Waite. So does Therrien get credit for Price? No, okay... so why is he getting blamed for JJ Daigneault's terrible job with the defence and Dan Lacroix's failure with the PP?

I hope my magnifying of the assistant coaches helps remind people what will end up happening if the Habs do poorly this season. Bergevin will fire the assistant coaches before he fires Therrien.

Uh, guys?

Let's keep the discussion about the topic, not the posters. Thank you.

I have said many times that with the record he has had in Montreal and the fact he has a nice new extension, MT ain't getting fired. This thread was actually started (tongue in cheek) to tease Don, but it has taken on a life of it's own. You are most likely correct that MB will fire the assistants first. As to giving MT credit for Price? Well ok but let's face it, the only thing he does is ask Waite "is he ready to go" and I am sure that he does it very well. Your first paragraph proves my point that most of the systems he has instituted are not working except for the pk, oh and Carey. Let us remember that the head coach is the guy who says "ok this is the way i want us to handle this situation, go make it happen." Then the assistant trys to do that, but what if the system is no good to begin with? Is that the assistants fault? I really have no idea, and I don't think anyone else on here does, how the actual inner workings of the habs coaching staff operates. My opinion is based on watching the games and following the stats. The 25th PP in the league is not good enough. The lack of 1st period effort is symptom of a problem. The amount of games we win because Carey Price is the best goalie in the league, is another symptom. I want this team to succeed and win a cup. MT is an average coach, but I don't think we can win the cup with him. :habslogo:

Uh, guys?

Sorry Brian just stating a fact.

What concensus' have been made exactly? Far as I can tell It is about evenly split between the lovers of Le genius and the haters. That is why these 2 threads have gone on for so long. The never ending thread I think CC called it.

Thank god you won't be responding, it's like talking to my 2 year old. The 2 threads have gone on as long as they have because the most active posters in them are anti-Therrien, all 3 of you. Absolutely delusional if you think it is an even split.

But you have no problem talking about me or my posts to someone else, as if the internet world and myself can't see them. At least that is like a high school kid, not a 2 year old.

Let's keep the discussion about the topic, not the posters. Thank you.

Thank god you won't be responding, it's like talking to my 2 year old. The 2 threads have gone on as long as they have because the most active posters in them are anti-Therrien, all 3 of you. Absolutely delusional if you think it is an even split.

But you have no problem talking about me or my posts to someone else, as if the internet world and myself can't see them. At least that is like a high school kid, not a 2 year old.

uh Brian? :)