Oct. 28, Montreal vs Calgary, 9 PM

dlbalr

And you don't see the problem there? It's better to have 19 of 25 goals scored spread across a dozen players, than it is to have 18 of 24 goals scored in your top three. If ONLY your top line can score, you will lose. The Kings have not outscored the Habs. They just have concentrated all their scoring in one line. This is BAD, not GOOD.

Fortunately for LA, all that indicates is that one line is on a hot streak and the others are cold. Once again, I keep repeating, but you don't get it: Balance beats superstars. It's better to have 5-6 20+ goal scorers and nobody with 30 or more, than two 50 goal scorers and nobody else with 10. You can shut down the best offensive forward in the league with effective, dedicated defensive savants like Plekanec, but you can't shut down an entire team at the same time.

"and you dont see the problem there" LMAO yea the stanley cup champs have problems that I AM NOT SEEING........... i'm sure Kings fans just envy the habs balance. lol keep'em coming buddy, comedic!

Difficult to say who they will replace and when, but sooner or later Sekac and Bournival will be regulars. They are simply too good to remain in the press box indefinitely.

At this point, my guess is that there's a better shot of Bournival being a regular in Hamilton this season than being one in Montreal (pending injuries of course). If he keeps getting healthy scratched, they're eventually going to send him for a longer stint with the Bulldogs as there's little point in keeping a waiver exempt forward as the 14th skater.

"and you dont see the problem there" LMAO yea the stanley cup champs have problems that I AM NOT SEEING........... i'm sure Kings fans just envy the habs balance. lol keep'em coming buddy, comedic!

Once again, you ignore that I said that the kings are built more like the habs over a full season. Right now their #1 line is overperforming, and their 2, 3 and 4 lines are SERIOUSLY underperforming. It will balance out. Their top 3 will not maintain this pace, and their other lines will pick up. It's of note that while winning stanley cups, Los Angeles looked more like Montreal - balanced.

Guest Stogey24

At this point, my guess is that there's a better shot of Bournival being a regular in Hamilton this season than being one in Montreal (pending injuries of course). If he keeps getting healthy scratched, they're eventually going to send him for a longer stint with the Bulldogs as there's little point in keeping a waiver exempt forward as the 14th skater.

He's going to be in Hamilton. There's no room for him. He may be fast, but that's honestly it. Did he even get a point in the last 30 games of the year in MTL.

He's going to be in Hamilton. There's no room for him. He may be fast, but that's honestly it. Did he even get a point in the last 30 games of the year in MTL.

He is not only fast. He has got good hockey sense, is a decent playmaker and understands very well the defense. He is a big upside on Moen IMO. As for Sekac, I firmly believe that he brings a lot more on the ice than Bourque. It's just a matter of time before both of them get more ice time. The reason: even though we have a god season so far, Therrien and Bergevin are no fools; they know the stats as well as we do. We simply don't score enough goals. Let's make room to faster, skillful players.

Guest Stogey24

Kypreos said he should, Cox said he shouldn't. Nothing from the NHL.

I can't stand kypreos. I don't know what it is about him. Forkin grump

He is not only fast. He has got good hockey sense, is a decent playmaker and understands very well the defense. He is a big upside on Moen IMO. As for Sekac, I firmly believe that he brings a lot more on the ice than Bourque. It's just a matter of time before both of them get more ice time. The reason: even though we have a god season so far, Therrien and Bergevin are no fools; they know the stats as well as we do. We simply don't score enough goals. Let's make room to faster, skillful players.

Sekacq Def needs some reps. I just really don't see Bournival on the roster. Never know though I guess

Geez Jeff----- You do realize that LA has won the Stanley Cup twice in the last few years? Call me crazy, but I am going with what is working and not your opinion of what might be good or bad

And you don't see the problem there? It's better to have 19 of 25 goals scored spread across a dozen players, than it is to have 18 of 24 goals scored in your top three. If ONLY your top line can score, you will lose. The Kings have not outscored the Habs. They just have concentrated all their scoring in one line. This is BAD, not GOOD.

Fortunately for LA, all that indicates is that one line is on a hot streak and the others are cold. Once again, I keep repeating, but you don't get it: Balance beats superstars. It's better to have 5-6 20+ goal scorers and nobody with 30 or more, than two 50 goal scorers and nobody else with 10. You can shut down the best offensive forward in the league with effective, dedicated defensive savants like Plekanec, but you can't shut down an entire team at the same time.

lol.... "you can shutdown two 50 goal scorers with savants like plekanic but you cant shut down an entire team at the same time"

Tell that to the Oilers who have only shot down one entire team for 60 minutes in the last year.......guess which team?.......

yep......sevant Tomas Plekanic and the Montreal Canadiens.

btw...... the six forwards that made up the third and fourth lines for the habs last night have a grand total of one goal this year.

Your point about balance and depth in scoring is a valid one............. it just cannot be applied to the Canadiens. Not presently.

Once again, you ignore that I said that the kings are built more like the habs over a full season. Right now their #1 line is overperforming, and their 2, 3 and 4 lines are SERIOUSLY underperforming. It will balance out. Their top 3 will not maintain this pace, and their other lines will pick up. It's of note that while winning stanley cups, Los Angeles looked more like Montreal - balanced.

yea thats why the kings easiet series last season, was the same team that eliminated the habs.

lets agree to disagee.

have loved the montreal canadiens for decades buddy.............but i can admit that this is middle of the pack team, and not a serious stanley cup contender................... not yet anyways.

you think they are.

thats cool. always fun watching it play out.

cheers

lol.... "you can shutdown two 50 goal scorers with savants like plekanic but you cant shut down an entire team at the same time"

Tell that to the Oilers who have only shot down one entire team for 60 minutes in the last year.......guess which team?.......

yep......sevant Tomas Plekanic and the Montreal Canadiens.

btw...... the six forwards that made up the third and fourth lines for the habs last night have a grand total of one goal this year.

Your point about balance and depth in scoring is a valid one............. it just cannot be applied to the Canadiens. Not presently.

Since you keep replying in this thread, surely you've seen the requests to check your PM from your friendly neighbourhood forum admin. Please take a moment and do so in the very near future.

It always is anti-refreshing to read the constant malcontents screaming dilemmas, even when 8-2 some see drastic need for improvements.

I think maybe this is a team that is trying to find the transition to the youth movement, and chemistry within the roster changes made for 2014, and trying to break in 2 young defensemen.

Growing pains and ups and downs are pretty common among young teams, no need to panic, and at 8-2 so far, I'd say the transition is going ok, and I will wait until around game 75 before I complain a lot at that pace.... maybe not top contenders at this point, but I like our chances in the East...

It always is anti-refreshing to read the constant malcontents screaming dilemmas, even when 8-2 some see drastic need for improvements.

I always wonder why people like that watch sports. I was pretty negative on the board about the 2011-2012 season, but that was the Galchenyuk year. Boston fans are the worst with all that. Either the team is invincible or they get trashed by fans.

I always wonder why people like that watch sports. I was pretty negative on the board about the 2011-2012 season, but that was the Galchenyuk year. Boston fans are the worst with all that. Either the team is invincible or they get trashed by fans.

I can't stand people who always stay negative so they can always feel right. If the team fails they were right questioning them. If the team wins they are happy to be wrong since their team still won.

I just don't know anyone other than Price fans could have enjoyed the game against the Flames, especially compared to the game against the Rangers. One game showed us dominant. The other showed us lethargic. A win is indeed a win. We're closer to 40 than we were on Sunday. I just want to see what I know this team can be capable of on a consistent basis.

I can't stand people who always stay negative so they can always feel right. If the team fails they were right questioning them. If the team wins they are happy to be wrong since their team still won.

I just don't know anyone other than Price fans could have enjoyed the game against the Flames, especially compared to the game against the Rangers. One game showed us dominant. The other showed us lethargic. A win is indeed a win. We're closer to 40 than we were on Sunday. I just want to see what I know this team can be capable of on a consistent basis.

I think it's safe to say that the Habs are an Eastern Conference powerhouse...unfortunately, the Eastern Conference is looking like the old AFC. Maybe they can rebrand the team as the next Buffalo Bills.

I really enjoyed the game. I thought that the competition, speed and physicality were there. The Habs stunk, but I can enjoy a game if it was entertaining. The Oilers game was a different story, A boring game where MTL flat-out sucked.

I didn't mind either game, 2nd 1/2 vs Oil was a long 30+minutes though, but with historical record to beat I wasn't real confident would beat Oilers to begin with.

vs Canucks may be a good match-up tomorrow? And nice they get Flames again so soon and at home.

Kypreos calling for suspension on Tinordi. If Tinordi was a leaf it would be different story

kypreos is an idiot...and a homer for the Leafs. His opinion is of no consequence!

It'd be pretty interesting to see a Sekac - Bournival - Weise line. I mean why not? What is there to lose with that?

i was thinking the same thing. Could they be worse than Bourque and Eller?? I doubt it!

while I agree that we won't see both Sekac and Bournival in the line up at the same time, I strongly believe that Sekac deserves the chance to get used to playing in the NHL. The kid has what, 6 games of experience? He semms to want it more than bourque.

I'm sorry, but Bourque doesn't deserve his ice time. He needs to sit for 2-3 games. We've seen this from Bourque before and it's the same thing year after year. I would rather see a young guy like Sekac in the line up than a lazy ass Bourque!

Once again, please check your PM (top right hand side of the page, you'll see a little envelope with a red 1 in there).

i clicked on the red 1. did not see any content or message? what am i suppose to be looking for.?

i was thinking the same thing. Could they be worse than Bourque and Eller?? I doubt it!

while I agree that we won't see both Sekac and Bournival in the line up at the same time, I strongly believe that Sekac deserves the chance to get used to playing in the NHL. The kid has what, 6 games of experience? He semms to want it more than bourque.

I'm sorry, but Bourque doesn't deserve his ice time. He needs to sit for 2-3 games. We've seen this from Bourque before and it's the same thing year after year. I would rather see a young guy like Sekac in the line up than a lazy ass Bourque!

it is why he gets moved. chicago dod not like him, flames ditto. do not know a single habs fan who would care if he was just out right cut or bought out. MT likes him.

kypreos is an idiot...and a homer for the Leafs. His opinion is of no consequence!

yup