Habs Flames Nov 2

Habs30/31

According to Boone on hockeyinsideout

forward lines finished game with these lines and practiced with the same on saturday

Pacs DD Weise

Gally Chucky Bourque

PAP Pleks Eller

Moen Manny Prust

D pairs at Saturday practice

Markov Gilbert

Subban Emelin

Tinordi Beauilue/

Weaver

Habs are 24th in scoring!

Picked up right where left off last season, solidly in 21st.

Maybe playing Galchenyuk at centre will make a difference?

yes it is there just dont measure up to the contenders.

Habs have the all star goaltender that has won championships at every level possible everywhere he has played.

They have the young stud norris winning defenceman.

They have the savvy vetren dman.

Big sniper on the wing.

over all scoring is weak.

It would be nice to score more goals, for sure, but to sacrifice a tight defensive game, I dunno.

It sucks to have to rely so heavily on Price, when neither thing is happening, no scoring and no tight defensive game, just a great goaltending performance winning us games.

I'd like to think the Habs are gelling with this new line up, I'd like to think that the possession game is the one we play the most, and I'd like to think when both of these things are where we want them, the scoring will come, because I truly believe this 2014/15 lineup can score more than last year's.

It almost seems when they need a goal this season, they get it, and that tells me that we can be an offensive team, and score in bunches. Some sign of a PP and we may be higher in the scoring department...

Whether we finish 25th, or 5th in goals, I don't care, but finishing top 10 in defense or better is more important, and indicates a team that will have success in the playoffs....

Didn't mean to rain on someones' pronouncement that we are non-contender. :nuts:

But, simply is not just 1 recipe for success and that so far this season the Habs, once again are looking like a low scoring team.

Last year when we traded for Vanek and before le genius forked him up, we turned into a scoring team. I have said for 3 years this team needs a sniper, a big time scorer. Right now we score by accident or comittee, I am not sure which. Patches and I love him is very streaky. Galcheniuk will be a very good scorer but not there yet. Maybe we need to trade some depth for a Sniper. Or lets get someone who will go to the front of the net, park his ass there ad let pk and the boys fire from the point.

Last year when we traded for Vanek and before le genius forked him up, we turned into a scoring team. I have said for 3 years this team needs a sniper, a big time scorer. Right now we score by accident or comittee, I am not sure which. Patches and I love him is very streaky. Galcheniuk will be a very good scorer but not there yet. Maybe we need to trade some depth for a Sniper. Or lets get someone who will go to the front of the net, park his ass there ad let pk and the boys fire from the point.

In other words we need McCarron.

Don't care who is on the PP, but right now, even Tinordi looks more dangerous with weak wristers from point than Markov-Subban combined!

Players like Stamkos don't need to be pleaded with to shoot often and from everywhere...Max should take a cue from him.

When Max is on, he does seem to get lots of shots in a game.

Is Tinordi a faster skater then Markov-Weaver and Emelin?

Taking about PPs.

Hamilton coaching is training em up to play similar kick-ass system as big club;

- Dogs PP is now 0 for last 21 and sitting at 5.9% success for year (with a whooping 2 PP goals so far this season)!

Simply would be nice to see more scoring, 5 on 5 PK PP I don't care.

If are 5-0 at Home after today's game, I wont really care how much we scored.

Would love to see a 8-4 high flying game, simply for entertainment factor, but unlikely to be.

Stewart from buffalo would fit the bill nicely. Send Bourque and his lazy ass for some hockey tape.

Stewart is a guy that actually isn't hesitant to go to the net. His issue has been maturity. I see him as bring very similar to Horton. In the right situation he may come around and from all accounts is finally showing maturity and went toe to toe with Lucic this year - something Bourque would never do willingly. Bourque is just plain lazy and shows zero heart.

Stewart is a younger Bourque with a crappier resume. The only reason I'd make the move is that Stewart is a UFA in the summer.

Stewart is a younger Bourque with a crappier resume. The only reason I'd make the move is that Stewart is a UFA in the summer.

I don't think I agree with that. He is big can score (put up some good numbers in 09/10 . He is a good scorer and I think in the right situation could be a real asset. I would trade bourque for him in a heart beat.

Big, put up good numbers five years ago...

Are you sure you're not talking about Bork?

We will never in this lifetime see bourque fight lucic or any one else for that matter. Bourque is not going to the net.

- Stewart was part of the Miller/Ott trade along with Halak and a first round pick. Blues fans weren't sad to see him go.

- 12 games in he has one assist.

- While he's finding chemistry with Hodgson (one of Buffalo's only skilled forwards) he has found himself in and out of the top six so far this season. Meaning he isn't even a definite top six player for the BUFFALO SABRES.

- This is some quotes from tonight's game at a different board:

So the one time Stewart actually hustles he goes offside?:facepalm:
Come on Stewie. Your were set up perfectly.
Stewart fail.
Even so, there are other teams who want Stewart more like the Bruins and they didn't like the price of a young player and pick or two young players, so I doubt we'd want to that either. You're not getting him for Bourque and if you did get him as a rental? You're likely paying a price like Pateryn and Hudon.

- Stewart was part of the Miller/Ott trade along with Halak and a first round pick. Blues fans weren't sad to see him go.

- 12 games in he has one assist.

- While he's finding chemistry with Hodgson (one of Buffalo's only skilled forwards) he has found himself in and out of the top six so far this season. Meaning he isn't even a definite top six player for the BUFFALO SABRES.

- This is some quotes from tonight's game at a different board:

Even so, there are other teams who want Stewart more like the Bruins and they didn't like the price of a young player and pick or two young players, so I doubt we'd want to that either. You're not getting him for Bourque and if you did get him as a rental? You're likely paying a price like Pateryn and Hudon.

Well the deals off then. I am not giving up Pateryn or Hudon. I think he could be good in the right situation and we do need someone who can play hockey but not at the expense of the future. Besides what I was talking about originally was a sniper or a guy who will go to the net. The sniper you have to pay for. The guy to go to the net not so much I am thinking. I really think Stewart is guy who will go to the net and add toughness. But the cost is too high. Bourque can go anytime. The fact that St louis fans weren't sad to see him does not carry much weight with me, I mean Vancouver weren't sad to see Wiese leave. Except what do they have now from that trade?

I would trade a third rounder for Chris Stewart, but that's it. I wouldn't even trade Bourque for him because they're essentially the same player. They're both lazy, underachieving blouses who haven't been relevant since for almost five years. Stewart can fight, but he's not a devastating enforcer who can affect a game through intimidation. ( If such a player even exists in 2014).