Minnesota @ Montreal: 7PM EST (TVA, CityTV)

Nice dive onto Price... Someone needed to punch his lights out for that...

Post by DD..

Nice dive onto Price... Someone needed to punch his lights out for that...

Post by DD..

Beauty by the first line.... Hopefully an end to the scoring drought.

The crazy thing is that both teams are jam packed with good scorers and playmakers but just can't make anything happen.

I apologize for the late response.. I've been on the phone a lot while the game was on, but I think a lot of it is simply that its a new season and most players and teams are just rediscovering who they are. Like an injured player finding his game legs after a layoff.. the whole big show.

Well, I was pretty impressed with the level of compete in this game, and look who's all over the star list...also very nice to see.

I'm pretty happy and think we're on a maturing upswing after the start of year jitterspasms.

Les boys needed a win like this! Did sekac just score or prove he should be in the lineup?

I agree on both points though I think MT owed Bourque (recently Borky..) a brace of games after a solid playoff contribution, so I'm not too bugged by the timing which I think is part of good just treatment. I really liked this game.

Well after we got that crummy 1st period out of the way the habs woke up in the 2nd and 3rd and suddenly looked like a team that knows what it is doing. MT do not sit Sekach again EVER. Got it. Beulieu had a short but sweet fight. Eller scores Gallagher scores Patches scores Sekac scores. Ain't life grand? Hey habs30/31 hows that look to you?

Well after we got that crummy 1st period out of the way the habs woke up in the 2nd and 3rd and suddenly looked like a team that knows what it is doing. MT do not sit Sekach again EVER. Got it. Beulieu had a short but sweet fight. Eller scores Gallagher scores Patches scores Sekac scores. Ain't life grand? Hey habs30/31 hows that look to you?

Heheheheh,, I had the sound off during much of the game and don't have clear memories of pain from the first, but my overall impression was that they were trying to up that level of commitment. The other guys were playing hard too. Good game. Happy to see a pretty solid win.

That Sekac-Eller-Prust line was a revelation! Tremendous cycling and jam. Prust is just what the doctor ordered for Eller (an honest player who shows how it's done) and Sekac really looked good: big,. strong, skilled. What's not to like? Bourque, don't let the Bell Centre door hit your arse on the way out. Kudos to MT for striking gold with that trio...for one game at least ;)

Price was simply The Man. As always when he's on his game, you're only going to beat him on a perfect play. And that's a good team, because these guys were asleep in the first (again).

The classic signs of a team clawing out of a slump...gutting out a win, then having slumping individual players start to produce. The trend lines are in the right direction.

On another note, Bob Cole is even worse than I remember. Yes, yes, a legend and all of that. But holy smokes, he hardly named any Wild players all night (because by the time he remembered their name, the play had moved on), and some of his commentary is just inane. "This game started as a tie..." Ya think, Bob??? :bonk: Time to hang 'em up.

Looked good to me hr. Eller line was fabulous. Sekac looking good. Bigger than i thought he was. Price was Price. PK looked much better. Liked Beuileus game. All around good team effort for second and thrid period. Guy Lapointe night a raging success!

That Sekac-Eller-Prust line was a revelation! Tremendous cycling and jam. Prust is just what the doctor ordered for Eller (an honest player who shows how it's done) and Sekac really looked good: big,. strong, skilled. What's not to like? Bourque, don't let the Bell Centre door hit your arse on the way out. Kudos to MT for striking gold with that trio...for one game at least ;)

Price was simply The Man. As always when he's on his game, you're only going to beat him on a perfect play. And that's a good team, because these guys were asleep in the first (again).

The classic signs of a team clawing out of a slump...gutting out a win, then having slumping individual players start to produce. The trend lines are in the right direction.

On another note, Bob Cole is even worse than I remember. Yes, yes, a legend and all of that. But holy smokes, he hardly named any Wild players all night (because by the time he remembered their name, the play had moved on), and some of his commentary is just inane. "This game started as a tie..." Ya think, Bob??? :bonk: Time to hang 'em up.

He is hilarious now. I picture him propped up in a chair in the press box, a tumbler of captain morgan in one hand, nose pressed to the screen, coke bottle eye glasses, guessing at plays.

He is hilarious now. I picture him propped up in a chair in the press box, a tumbler of captain morgan in one hand, nose pressed to the screen, coke bottle eye glasses, guessing at plays.

One of my favorite new bob cole quotes was "they must have a good start, they WILL have a good start... they have a good start."

All said within the span of 15 seconds. I laugh at how rhetoric almost everything he says is these days.

Looked good to me hr. Eller line was fabulous. Sekac looking good. Bigger than i thought he was. Price was Price. PK looked much better. Liked Beuileus game. All around good team effort for second and thrid period. Guy Lapointe night a raging success!

carefull now you don't want to be a cheer leader.

I am kidding you. :)

One of my favorite new bob cole quotes was "they must have a good start, they WILL have a good start... they have a good start."

All said within the span of 15 seconds. I laugh at how rhetoric almost everything he says is these days.

Yes poor old Bob has been losing it for awhile. He say the same things game after game cause he is not too sure what is going on. Sad really. I like the captain Morgan idea though.

First game I missed this year(except the first vs Calgary which wasn't on one of my 6 channels I get Habs games on)

Was pleasantly surprised to return home and get the scoop on the big win!

Yes poor old Bob has been losing it for awhile. He say the same things game after game cause he is not too sure what is going on. Sad really. I like the captain Morgan idea though.

I've always thought of Bob as a Southern Comfort kinda Guy

Guest Stogey24

Did a anyone even hear Subban's name called last night? Coaching staff has had some words with him. Guy doesn't even rush the Puck anymore.

Good for Beaulieu droppin' buddy last night. Montreal's bench was lovin' it when he skated off the ice. Cherry on the cake