Dec. 30, Habs vs Panthers, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

coach broke all the pairs up for ot....... no forward played with a forward that he was playing with all night. gally gets one shift with pleks, dd gets three shifts with pax Eller plays one shift with sekac ...........none of those combos played together all night. not surprisingly they did not register a shot on net in the ot. last 45 seconds of ot the d pair? gilbert and emelin!......hand the panthers an open net. lol

was MT trying to lose that game in ot?

we'll take the two points, hard fought win by players. garbage coaching

• Upvote 1

Well ...we won. Sure liked the sound of the 2nd and what a "backup" we have. Talk about goalie he'll for the other guys.

I was pretty pleased...and Parenteau earns his pay with his 4th shootout goal. That ain't nuttin'.

TSN 690 online is a pretty nice way to enjoy the game much to my surprise.

4 outa 4 so far boys.

Well ...we won. Sure liked the sound of the 2nd and what a "backup" we have. Talk about goalie he'll for the other guys.

I was pretty pleased...and Parenteau earns his pay with his 4th shootout goal. That ain't nuttin'.

TSN 690 online is a pretty nice way to enjoy the game much to my surprise.

4 outa 4 so far boys.

Yep, that's my go-to method except on Saturdays, when the national broadcast is available. It's not bad, but one is dependent on the announcers to offer accurate impressions (supplemented by online resources, natch). I do kind of enjoy the 'throwback' experience of listening to the game on the radio - which is about as old-school as it gets, event if it's on the computer!

• Upvote 1

Yep, that's my go-to method except on Saturdays, when the national broadcast is available. It's not bad, but one is dependent on the announcers to offer accurate impressions (supplemented by online resources, natch). I do kind of enjoy the 'throwback' experience of listening to the game on the radio - which is about as old-school as it gets, event if it's on the computer!

Hi CC. I was surprised how much I enjoyed it. And I found the commentary enjoyable too. I'll feel slightly less unhappy that you don't get to see so many games. Highly recommend the radio to anyone who can't see the game. Cheers amigo.

Hi CC. I was surprised how much I enjoyed it. And I found the commentary enjoyable too. I'll feel slightly less unhappy that you don't get to see so many games. Highly recommend the radio to anyone who can't see the game. Cheers amigo.

Yeah, it's fun to hear Sergio Momesso with his Italian-Montrealer accent (makes me nostalgic both for my home town, and for the 1980s Habs), and above all to hear Knuckles Nilan on there - he is worth the price of admission for sure.

I have a particular weakness for pre-game shows on the radio. I even love listening to the Canucks pre-games here in Vancouver (but turn it off once the actual game starts, usually). Nothing like sustained hockey-talk from reasonably informed commentators, and the radio allows them a little more room to be expansive than TV. It's an old medium, but, like print, still a good one when done effectively.

Yeah, it's fun to hear Sergio Momesso with his Italian-Montrealer accent (makes me nostalgic both for my home town, and for the 1980s Habs), and above all to hear Knuckles Nilan on there - he is worth the price of admission for sure.

I have a particular weakness for pre-game shows on the radio. I even love listening to the Canucks pre-games here in Vancouver (but turn it off once the actual game starts, usually). Nothing like sustained hockey-talk from reasonably informed commentators, and the radio allows them a little more room to be expansive than TV. It's an old medium, but, like print, still a good one when done effectively.

Ya you're right.. Good stuff for the head.

Sorry man, I thought you meant this year.

No he is not doing well 11 games played 0 win 5 losses 4 ties 3.52 gaa and .0889 svp

Home | Advertise | Feedback | Usage | Privacy | FA

Oh no. But I guess if these guys down here keep improving Price will get into a game by 2016.

This was definitely a better game in person. I don't think it "translated to TV well."

My Impressions

Heroes-

Beaulieu and Gonchar. They probably don't have much to chat about on the bench, but they worked well together. If N8 the GR8 can put some points together he'll never be back in Hamilton.

Gallagher. Fearless, the first player in every puck battle. Superior player on the boards.

Tokarski-Let up one goal and made a few saves.

Markov-Never rushes a play, never makes a bad move.

Sekac-He tries to get cute, and sometimes it works for him, he's turned into a very effective player. He plays hard enough to be confused for a Finnish player!

Prust-Reminds me a lot of seeing Chris Neil play live. Neither of them have top-9 talent, but they work in those roles because they understand the game. Prust never hurts the team on the other side of the puck.

Zeroes-

Hippy Gilbert and the Ghost of Alexei Emelin-Frankly they look like a bottom pairing, and at almost 7 million that's not acceptable.

Eller-No hockey sense whatsoever. Two on four with Sekac breaking down the left wing and Larry stick handles into four players on the right wing. He can't create much of anything on his own.

PAP-Didn't do much of anything and took maybe the worst situational penalty I've seen in a live game.

Galchenyuk-He's not a zero by any stretch; part of the learning process for him is playing against Jordan Staal and Dave Bolland the last two nights. He's been pretty invisible for two games.

Meh-ntionables

Subban/Pac/Plekanec-They all looked good during stretches, none of them dominated or did much to hurt the team. Subban shooting the puck at Markov was almost Eller-ian levels of stupidity.

Oh no. But I guess if these guys down here keep improving Price will get into a game by 2016.

This was definitely a better game in person. I don't think it "translated to TV well."

My Impressions

Heroes-

Beaulieu and Gonchar. They probably don't have much to chat about on the bench, but they worked well together. If N8 the GR8 can put some points together he'll never be back in Hamilton.

Gallagher. Fearless, the first player in every puck battle. Superior player on the boards.

Tokarski-Let up one goal and made a few saves.

Markov-Never rushes a play, never makes a bad move.

Sekac-He tries to get cute, and sometimes it works for him, he's turned into a very effective player. He plays hard enough to be confused for a Finnish player!

Prust-Reminds me a lot of seeing Chris Neil play live. Neither of them have top-9 talent, but they work in those roles because they understand the game. Prust never hurts the team on the other side of the puck.

Zeroes-

Hippy Gilbert and the Ghost of Alexei Emelin-Frankly they look like a bottom pairing, and at almost 7 million that's not acceptable.

Eller-No hockey sense whatsoever. Two on four with Sekac breaking down the left wing and Larry stick handles into four players on the right wing. He can't create much of anything on his own.

PAP-Didn't do much of anything and took maybe the worst situational penalty I've seen in a live game.

Galchenyuk-He's not a zero by any stretch; part of the learning process for him is playing against Jordan Staal and Dave Bolland the last two nights. He's been pretty invisible for two games.

Meh-ntionables

Subban/Pac/Plekanec-They all looked good during stretches, none of them dominated or did much to hurt the team. Subban shooting the puck at Markov was almost Eller-ian levels of stupidity.

prust did not have one of his better games. pleks did nothing all night and stunk on the late panthers goal. other than that good summation, thanks.

Gonchar: "Hey remember when-"

Beaulieu: "Was I born yet?"

Gonchar: "Oh, right, sorry"

• Upvote 1

i think it was sub ban's error on the goal not plex. brunstand sp? clearly had the step on plex who was back checking but subban who was playing zonal coverage at that point tried cheating and veered off to the side boards anticipating the dump in and left the centre ice unprotected... his anticipation was wrong, ekbland kept and passed, they scored and PK was caught in no mans land.

Guest Stogey24

prust did not have one of his better games. pleks did nothing all night and stunk on the late panthers goal. other than that good summation, thanks.

Agree. There are too many players on this team that don't show up nightly. I'm starting to have my doubts a bit with Eller. I thought he would start to be a force in the offensive zone this year, nope

I'm starting to have my doubts a bit with Eller.

... starting? Only now?

:wall:

I'll take a weak-victory over a streaking hot Florida team that traditionally gives us fits. Two more points, and we're very temporarily on top of the east again. (Tampa plays Buffalo tonight, though.)