Nashville Predators at Montreal Canadiens | January 20th, 2015 | 1930 EST

lazy26

Because neither Ryan Miller nor Jaroslav Halak can carry (wink wink) Carey Prices jockstrap

Thank you...saved me from typing it... lol

• Upvote 1

St. Louis let up 2.29 goals per game, third best in the NHL last year. They upgraded their goaltending from Halak to Ryan Miller and they got smoked outta the first round.

Tell me again how Price changes St. Louis?

St. Louis let up 2.29 goals per game, third best in the NHL last year. They upgraded their goaltending from Halak to Ryan Miller and they got smoked outta the first round.

Tell me again how Price changes St. Louis?

did you watch the series or just look up averages?.........miller was terrible, lost the elimination game for them and was unemployed before blues lockers were cleared out. Are you seriously asking "how Price changes St Louis?" :rofl: ............... hint: its not in your stats book :monkey:

did you watch the series or just look up averages?.........miller was terrible, lost the elimination game for them and was unemployed before blues lockers were cleared out. Are you seriously asking "how Price changes St Louis" Well he would make them better. Clear enough?

Get Price and they probably have to let go a Backes or a Steen to afford him long term. Better ? Maybe.

did you watch the series or just look up averages?.........miller was terrible, lost the elimination game for them and was unemployed before blues lockers were cleared out. Are you seriously asking "how Price changes St Louis?" :rofl: ............... hint: its not in your stats book :monkey:

That's the same idea as you giving them Price. Miller was an upgrade, which you suggested. You weren't on the board then, but I can guarantee you loved that trade.

How does getting a better goalie for the third best defensive team in the league guarantee a Cup?

A comment under that article says "without Price the habs are mediocre". Agreed! So is Tampa without Stamkos, Rangers without Lundqvist, Detroit without Datsyuk, Penguins without Crosby and so on and on. Remove the mvp of any top team for a whole season and they will get fewer points and drop in the standings.

That's the same idea as you giving them Price. Miller was an upgrade, which you suggested. You weren't on the board then, but I can guarantee you loved that trade.

How does getting a better goalie for the third best defensive team in the league guarantee a Cup?

as the new jersey devils. best defensive team in the league with the best goalie in the league.............3 cups.

Yes, is a bit foolish argument isn't it.

What if this or that happened/happens.... :blush:

Used it as an example to show how much a goalie like Price improves a team.

A comment under that article says "without Price the habs are mediocre". Agreed! So is Tampa without Stamkos, Rangers without Lundqvist, Detroit without Datsyuk, Penguins without Crosby and so on and on. Remove the mvp of any top team for a whole season and they will get fewer points and drop in the standings.

Yep, and what is being said in the article and around the league, nowhere is that more true than with the 015 Canadiens. I agree. Thats why CP is Hart trophy leading candidate at the half way mark.

Hey having the best goalie in the nhl is what you want. We all know that. Habs have a history of building from the crease out. Your chances of winning a cup skyrocket when any team has that, but you have to build at ALL the positions in front of him.

They need a legitimate number one centerman, better third pair on the blue line, size on the wing.

Boy would that ever compliment what they already have!

and oh yes, better coaching sure wouldn't hurt. :thumbs_up: (could not resist)

But who the heck knows how another #1 goalie would do if Price retired, like a MIller, Halak.

Maybe one reason Habs don't have better offense is that they believe defense is more important and maybe Habs give up more shots as Subban says 'Rope a dope' more than other teams but don't give up more scoring chances or open shots than other teams?

(Such as; when have a Galchenyuk/DD/Plekanec/Pacioretty put head down, skate their asses off when backchecking any goalie would do better, than if instead have had a Kessel coasting back to own end)

Which team puts more pucks in net is aim of game. Not stupid corsi BS which was supposed to show that downfall of Habs was inevitable last year and so far this year, keep saying just watch... only a mediocre team with all world goalie.

Don't think Bergevin is losing sleep over teams performance.

Guest Stogey24

Yep, and what is being said in the article and around the league, nowhere is that more true than with the 015 Canadiens. I agree. Thats why CP is Hart trophy leading candidate at the half way mark.

Hey having the best goalie in the nhl is what you want. We all know that. Habs have a history of building from the crease out. Your chances of winning a cup skyrocket when any team has that, but you have to build at ALL the positions in front of him.

They need a legitimate number one centerman, better third pair on the blue line, size on the wing.

Boy would that ever compliment what they already have!

I kind of thought Bergvin would have done more to bolster the forawrd personnel by now. This team is pretty weak on the wing. Look what Cole and Pac did or Vanek and Pac down the stretch last year... I know Vanek shit the bed in the playoffs, but how beautiful were some of the passing plays Pac-DD-Vanek set up. They were plastered all over TSN for awhile there as the best top line in the NHL

I kind of thought Bergvin would have done more to bolster the forawrd personnel by now. This team is pretty weak on the wing. Look what Cole and Pac did or Vanek and Pac down the stretch last year... I know Vanek shit the bed in the playoffs, but how beautiful were some of the passing plays Pac-DD-Vanek set up. They were plastered all over TSN for awhile there as the best top line in the NHL

Word is that Bergevin has been very busy talking and keeping tabs with all of the GMs. He likely has something in mind and is waiting for each team with a UFA to drop their price.

Yes they were unstoppable down the stretch and habs went like 17-3 their last 20 games with the line clicking. I also believe Vanek was playing well in the playffs then unfortunately got run over accidently by pk subban when he missed at hit on rielly smith and knocked vanek into next week. Vanek left the game for awhile but did return. Never played well after that collision. Not many would. That does not explain why he is stinking in minny this season though.

But i think MB likes to and will be pro active down the stretch and try at the deadline to improve on the wing. Add depth/sise if he can on blue line. Coyotes and Canucks possible trading partners.

http://www.si.com/nhl/2015/01/08/nhl-midseason-awards

http://hockeyinsider.com/2015/01/14/news/nhl-midseason-awards-gerard-gallant-ryan-miller-more/

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/nhl-awards-at-the-midpoint--yahoo-sports-picks-the-winners-181000199.html

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/12134055/nhl-nashville-predators-dominate-midseason-award-picks?src=mobile&rand=ref~%7B%22ref%22%3A%22http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bing.com%2Fsearch%3Fq%3Dnhl%2Bmidseason%2Bawards%2Bespn%26qs%3Dn%26form%3DQBRE%26pq%3Dnhl%2Bmidseason%2Bawards%2Bespn%26sc%3D0-22%26sp%3D-1%26sk%3D%26cvid%3D0ca32016d529478db6df987179b7cd05%22%7D

You keep repeating Price is the consensus MVP around the league. This is fact only in your mind. Here are four articles from reputable places that dont even have Price in the top 3.

Dude... we gotta talk. This has been going on for too long. Everything you say is wrong.

You keep repeating Price is the consensus MVP around the league. This is fact only in your mind. Here are four articles from reputable places that dont even have Price in the top 3.

Dude... we gotta talk. This has been going on for too long. Everything you say is wrong.

Everything he says is a fact and correct, just ask him and he will tell you. Or perhaps this is all just a big prank from the Leaf fan boards and he has been trolling us this entire time.

I thought you didn't like negative talk. He is being very positive.

You guys must be related.

I'm going to start repeating nonsensical opinions in five posts a day. How about "DD makes Pacioretty score goals?" Would you like reading and having an opinion with no basis in reality thrown in your face five times a day?

You guys must be related.

I'm going to start repeating nonsensical opinions in five posts a day. How about "DD makes Pacioretty score goals?" Would you like reading and having an opinion with no basis in reality thrown in your face five times a day?

thought you were ignoring me , funny way to go about it. :thumbs_up:

Whether he's right or wrong, it is still HIS opinion, and you don't have to like/dislike it. Sometimes it's like two kids bickering over a toy

Then there are people who just comment about the bickering as if they are above it. If you have unpopular opinions which you pretend are facts, either get prepared to defend them, or start your own message board or blog.

thought you were ignoring me , funny way to go about it. :thumbs_up:

I was/am. Unfortunately, you post 30-40 times a day on a message board that gets maybe one hundred fifty posts on a game day. It's impossible to avoid your invective. Most of the posts here are either you posting five one-line posts in a row (which is against the rules of many boards for this reason), or posters responding to your drivel, making it impossible to follow the train of thought in the threads.

La la la la, awful nice day out today!

How bout that exciting All Star weekend eh. :hyper: Some glad habs get a week off, when they just had one off 3 weeks ago.

Does it really make them enough $ to actually have this gong-show, maybe kids like it I suppose?

I was/am. Unfortunately, you post 30-40 times a day on a message board that gets maybe one hundred fifty posts on a game day. It's impossible to avoid your invective. Most of the posts here are either you posting five one-line posts in a row (which is against the rules of many boards for this reason), or posters responding to your drivel, making it impossible to follow the train of thought in the threads.

embellishing. two minutes