April 22 Game #4 Montreal at Ottawa

DON

Bad game by the boys(with the exception of Carey..of course)

I thought the Gilbert made a lousy and lazy clearing attempt on the Hoffman goal. He had time to use his forehand to clear, but instead decided to go to the backhand..bad decision!

I think this loss might wake them up. I think the guys thought they could could just sit back and they'd win the game. I really hope to see some fire from the Habs Friday!

I think is safe to say, that wont be the last loss they have this post season and wouldnt read alot into it. :nuts:

I think is safe to say, that wont be the last loss they have this post season and wouldnt read alot into it. :nuts:

WHAT?? I expect 13 consecutive wins. And if we don't get 'em, it'll be Therrien's fault for not dressing enough rookies! :nuts:

• Upvote 1

No, would rather see Hudon or Carr than Paranteau.

As far as I know, Hudon isn't 100%, I don't think he has been skating since getting recalled (but whatever it is, it's a DTD issue). As for Carr, it's highly unlikely they'll throw him into his first ever NHL game in a postseason elimination contest.

As far as I know, Hudon isn't 100%, I don't think he has been skating since getting recalled (but whatever it is, it's a DTD issue). As for Carr, it's highly unlikely they'll throw him into his first ever NHL game in a postseason elimination contest.

I know, but still would rather see a youngster (like a Thomas/Andrighetto/Scherbak) in than Paranteau, who is pretty much dead wood till next july.

Not gonna happen and likely not smart move neither, but I still would be much more excited to see one of them dress and play 7-8 minutes.

(And the last time i crapped all over Paranteau he played a good game and actually scored.)

Well, I picked the right game NOT to watch. (Actually, I PVRd it, but heard the result before I could get to the TV, and based on that, didn't bother).

All I can say is:

1. Too bad we couldn't get the sweep. But any panic is obviously silly. What is imperative, however, is that the Habs play a strong 60 minutes next game. We sure don't want to lose that one. I've been worried all along about allowing Ottawa's 'comeback kid' narrative to start generating momentum. We have to snuff it out.

2. If Gilly is playing on the wrong side, then his play needs to be viewed charitably.

3. I was afraid all along that Max would play through a concussion. It looks like that is what he's doing, doesn't it? Damned fool.

4. How come the commentators keep lamenting the injury to Stone, and how it's stopping him from being effective, etc., but don't seem nearly as solicitous of MaxPac? The fact is, both teams' key sniper is playing hurt. That sucks for both sides.

Let's get 'em in Montreal, boys!!!!

Yes i am passed tired of hearing about stones wrist.

Gilbert, two suicide passes in last two games. One to NB and he's out because of it. Identical one to pleks where entire bench yelled out a warning just in time. Gave puck away then moved in front to screen price on the game winning goal. Screw "viewed charitably" He is a predictably bad player on either side. Liability with capital L on the wrong side.

Yea gotta wonder about Max playing with a concussion? Medical staff clearing him to play. Coach putting him in. Not only the players call. So i gotta believe he is healthy..........but he looks groggy out there for sure.

Habs should end it at home tomorrow. Cant have one of those extended scoring droughts!

D is banged up, markov tired and they have to carry Gilly. Will be more of a concern next round.

Therrien writing up game sheet well, talking with media, reuniting gally, dd and injured max for the new look pp pp. :thumbs_up: He is on his game.

btw.....Smith Pelly in dog house last game?......injured? anyone know?

Guest Stogey24

Yes i am passed tired of hearing about stones wrist.

Gilbert, two suicide passes in last two games. One to NB and he's out because of it. Identical one to pleks where entire bench yelled out a warning just in time. Gave puck away then moved in front to screen price on the game winning goal. Screw "viewed charitably" He is a predictably bad player on either side. Liability with capital L on the wrong side.

Yea gotta wonder about Max playing with a concussion? Medical staff clearing him to play. Coach putting him in. Not only the players call. So i gotta believe he is healthy..........but he looks groggy out there for sure.

Habs should end it at home tomorrow. Cant have one of those extended scoring droughts!

D is banged up, markov tired and they have to carry Gilly. Will be more of a concern next round.

Therrien writing up game sheet well, talking with media, reuniting gally, dd and injured max for the new look pp pp. :thumbs_up: He is on his game.

btw.....Smith Pelly in dog house last game?......injured? anyone know?

Pretty frustrating watching the PP.

I was pretty mad about the Pelly benching. I think Dlbalr said he has 2 shifts in the second? He laid a couple really big hits too.

Pretty frustrating watching the PP.

I was pretty mad about the Pelly benching. I think Dlbalr said he has 2 shifts in the second? He laid a couple really big hits too.

I don't get it either, Gilbert is an accident looking for a place to happen but Le Genius benches Smith Pelly. How about we lose Gilbert for a while, see if oldman Gonchar can help get us a win.

I think everyone weighed in on Habs PP; McGuire, LeBrun, Ferraro, Nilan + rest, lots of opinions on how to fix it

Passes are too long, need to shorten them up

Too slow entering zone

Looking for killer one-timer by Subban

Opposition are pressing 79-76, get it lower

Take shots from corners, especially on RW with puck, when Pacioretty is in the slot, shoot it

Put Prust, Pelly in front of net

Use Petry more

Don't rely on big slapshot, use screen and wristers more

Hab forwards need to be in the slot on shots from the point and get rebounds quicker.

Galchenyuk needs to shoot between d-man's legs as Gallagher does and go hard to net, less dangling with puck and beat d-man to rebound of shot.

LeBrun said PKs are much more important than PPs in playoffs; team with top PKs win cups, even with one of worst playoff PP% (Hawks, Kings, Bruins all were like that)

What Lebrun doesn't mention is that those teams were scoring 5 on 5.

Bingo.

I think everyone weighed in on Habs PP; McGuire, LeBrun, Ferraro, Nilan + rest, lots of opinions on how to fix it

Passes are too long, need to shorten them up

Too slow entering zone

Looking for killer one-timer by Subban

Opposition are pressing 79-76, get it lower

Take shots from corners, especially on RW with puck, when Pacioretty is in the slot, shoot it

Put Prust, Pelly in front of net

Use Petry more

Don't rely on big slapshot, use screen and wristers more

Hab forwards need to be in the slot on shots from the point and get rebounds quicker.

Galchenyuk needs to shoot between d-man's legs as Gallagher does and go hard to net, less dangling with puck and beat d-man to rebound of shot.

LeBrun said PKs are much more important than PPs in playoffs; team with top PKs win cups, even with one of worst playoff PP% (Hawks, Kings, Bruins all were like that)

Yea everybody has an idea or eight , too bad the coach has does not.

I don't think Gilbert's lackluster play will factor into tonight's game. He's had these type of games all season, but Carey, Max, PK, Gallagher, Pleks and recently Petry have been outstanding to make up for it. Tonight will be no different..Habs come out guns ablazin, score early and feed off the crowd. Big win tonight, 4-1, to match the series

I don't think Gilbert's lackluster play will factor into tonight's game. He's had these type of games all season, but Carey, Max, PK, Gallagher, Pleks and recently Petry have been outstanding to make up for it. Tonight will be no different..Habs come out guns ablazin, score early and feed off the crowd. Big win tonight, 4-1, to match the series

Yes most times we win even though he's in the line up. We hope Gilbert does "not factor into tonights game"

Wonder if his agent will use that in negotiations with MB.

Speaking of which, Alex isn't doing much to boost his own bargaining power for this summer. MB is probably sitting back, deviously twiddling his fingers like Mr Burns.."EXCELLENT!" knowing that he's going to save a bunch of Mr Molson's money

Speaking of which, Alex isn't doing much to boost his own bargaining power for this summer. MB is probably sitting back, deviously twiddling his fingers like Mr Burns.."EXCELLENT!" knowing that he's going to save a bunch of Mr Molson's money

lol. "EXCELLENT"

Rookie Forsberg gets hat trick in elimination game against the Hawks . Best player in that draft hands down.

Forsberg was so obviously going to be good that the team that drafted him was ecstatic and would never dream of giving him up.....wait... they did! He was traded!

Just goes to show that premature evaluations are rarely correct

First 1/2 half of season winners sometimes seem a lock for great season, but end up fading, like #1 NHL scoring team called Leafs kinda imploded and had a bad 2nd half.

Guest Stogey24

Forsberg was so obviously going to be good that the team that drafted him was ecstatic and would never dream of giving him up.....wait... they did! He was traded!

Just goes to show that premature evaluations are rarely correct

I read that premature part wrong the first time...

I read that premature part wrong the first time...

I thought that line might be open to misinterpretation---don't be so hasty :-)

Edited by PMAC