April 22 Game #4 Montreal at Ottawa

DON

Max still hurt I reckon. Galchenyuk absolutely invisible. Gilbert actually earns the goat horns tonight. There are two teams on the ice though, and I thought Ottawa did a good job of taking away second chances. Ottawa played strong defensively and earned the win.

Guest Stogey24

We didn't give up an EN.

Are there any other positives to take away from this game?

That was one of the worst games I've watched. Pacioretty needs sit his ass down if he's hurt. Glided around all game once again.

Gallgher worked his bag off all game if your looking for any good at all

I try to remain positive but that was a big, steaming pile of dung by Les Crapadiens tonight. !@#$!!

I think it was almost predictable. Ottawa on the deathbed .. down 3 games. Playing in Ottawa with raucous suport, 14 people cheering for the Habs. Predictable let up after 3 in a row. We had a couple of near chances too. Next game is in Montreal.

• Upvote 1

Just gotta put this game behind us and move on. The thing about winning three straight to start the series means that while it sucks we had this lack of fight tonight, we still have three more shots at it. Hopefully the Montreal fans can get the team going and give us momentum to finish it off.

Price played well. That's pretty pathetic that they couldn't get two goals to win.

no easy soft goals tonight for habs.

subbans rocket shot, and weiss's tieing goal in game 3 are the only good goals that the sens goalie did not siv out on.

That wasn't the third period I was expecting to see. The Habs looked like they were playing for OT right off the hop and it cost them. The better team won tonight. They should be better come Friday at least.

As was pointed out in the postgame show, Gilbert was replacing Beaulieu and playing on his wrong side. Had to backhand the puck.. that caused the goal. But , let's give the guy some slack on this one. I gave him an assist, but he's not playing his position. As was pointed out, with Beaulieu out we've lost the balance of our D corps and this cost us tonight on this particular goal.

Next game in MONTREAL.

no easy soft goals tonight for habs.

subbans rocket shot, and weiss's tieing goal in game 3 are the only good goals that the sens goalie did not siv out on.

-ya and all of ottawa goals have been just fantastic goals right? its hockey you know...

-habs disappointed tonight in a game with no desperation at all to close this series out. maybe it would of been better for us if OTT came out flying again as it would of raised our emotions??

Sub-par effort all the way around by everyone not named Carey Price.

Gilbert...was atrocious. All night long, he kept messing up...Petry bailed him out many times. I don't understand why anyone defends this guy...he's just not very good. Wrong side or not, he's slow and he's soft and he farts around with the puck instead of moving it quickly.

I expect a much better effort in Game 5.

-i hate to say i told you so but figures its a weak backhanded clearance on gilbert off wing that causes the only goal... exactly what i said would be the issue... hence why gonchar should of drawn in... plus if your going to give pateryn only 7+ minutes and 2 shifts in the 2nd why even dress him.

MT made some errors tonight with the line up... and if smith-Pelly isn't hurt why exactly was his minutes cut??

the good

petry, pateryn (limited minutes)

DD, smith-pelly, gallagher,weise, prust, mitchell

not good not bad

markov, subban, emelin

plex eller, flynn

the bad

gilbert

galchenyuk, patch, delarose

Guest Stogey24

Markov looks so gassed. What happens if this team goes deep? Could count the errors he made on one hand all year. Past four games the other hand is opening up

As was pointed out in the postgame show, Gilbert was replacing Beaulieu and playing on his wrong side. Had to backhand the puck.. that caused the goal. But , let's give the guy some slack on this one. I gave him an assist, but he's not playing his position. As was pointed out, with Beaulieu out we've lost the balance of our D corps and this cost us tonight on this particular goal.

Next game in MONTREAL.

since when did you have to have 3 lefts and three rights on D to win a hockey game.

I will cut him some slack because he stinks. No other reason.

fact he was out there in the final 30 seconds is a bone headed coaching move........ but not a surprising one

Markov looks so gassed. What happens if this team goes deep? Could count the errors he made on one hand all year. Past four games the other hand is opening up

This team will lose if they go deep. They rely too much on too few..............thats kills you by may

I'm not really too bugged about this game at all. The hardest thing to do in sports is to finish off. We all know Ottawa was finished. But there they were.. back on the ice .. in Ottawa. We lacked urgency because there was no urgency. We lacked passion because there was nothing to get passionate about. Next game, at home, we'll have more passion. It would be nice to win it in front of our gang.

did we all think we were going to go undefeated in the playoffs?

we lost... our plan was to win a one goal game and try and capitalize on the counter hoping ott would push... they didn't really push all that much, gilbert blows and now off to game 5.

patches just isn't fighting for his space, same with galchenyuk... subban was really quiet tonight as well...

If we wanna win the CUP our best players need to be our best players period!

It's not he loss itself. It's the terrible offense and total lack of a PP that will do them in. Too many turnovers, too soft n the offensive zone and terrible passing.

Your Goalie gives up 1 and you can't even get it into OT.

Hopefully they can put a better effort in on Friday and score some goals. It's going to be up to the top 6, most of them are allergic to goals this time of year.